1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Botwawki 3

Discussion in 'Imperium OffTopicum' started by EQandcivfanatic, Dec 29, 2015.

1. Zappericus

Zappericus Euro scumbag

Great update, EQ. Digging the Mini Nuke, despite the cringe-worthy way it was discovered.

I will humour you with this weapon :,)

Edit:
    @Blaze Injun: Vault 41 is grey dot above black (Floridan Skylords) and tan dot (Chem Dogs)

wow we're close together. hilarity will ensue

2. Immaculate

Immaculate unerring

Nuclear hilarity.

3. Blaze Injun

Blaze Injun Night Radio KYSE

Hey,

I was wondering about that purple dot. If that is the group from MacDill Air Force Base Aux. Its in the wrong place.

Blaze Injun

4. arya126

arya126 Squad Leader

Purple is MacCarron air fortress thing.

I THINK the yellow is you, but on my google map I have you farther west in actual Clearwater on the coast. But you are the only settlement that could possibly be so...

I HIGHLY recommend plotting the settlements of each player and NPC on a google map as they begin appearing. I have found it to be very helpful especially in figuring out who is who. Although as evidenced by this, sometimes the map is off from EQ's by a small but important amount.

5. gay_Aleks

gay_Aleks communism will win.

EQ. Is Arya's Vault a port to the sea/St. John river? Or TLJ's Republic? Also, how safe is St. John river, anyway?

6. Lord_Herobrine

Lord_Herobrine Back in the Saddle

Nice update, worth the wait.

How is the Cape Coral area for farming? Are the canals still in decent shape?

7. Blaze Injun

No, that is MacDill Air force Base. The location of The Floridan Skylords & MacDill Air Force Base Auxiliary Field is located southeast of Hard Rock. Which seems to be a long way off. :D

Blaze Injun

8. arya126

arya126 Squad Leader

Those would be errors on the part of the stats then, not me. Stats only list Macdill air force base (which is where it is placed on the map) although the sign up post DOES specify the auxiliary field. Nice catch.

Also it appears you were right. I didnt specify the hotel when placing my google map marker, I just placed it on the coast of Clearwater. Clearwater is more inclusive than you would imagine.

So assuming you are correct, there isnt anybody else in your area. Good luck with that.

9. Grandkhan

Grandkhan Telvanni Master Wizard

Excellent update EQ!

Yikes, there are a lot of Vaults.

10. Quisani

Quisani Gaming Person

(Good update EQ!)

The Wastelands holds many tales. Not many are told.

Some are of hope, while many are of tragedy. Most of these stories were written for audiences who will never have the opportunity read them. A few lucky ones will stumble across the remains of these plays and piece together the events that transpired.

Along the swampy streets of Miami, there is a certain federal bank which has not quite sunk under it's own weight. If one were able to navigate the way through the perils of Miami, they would find themselves standing before some rather imposing metal doors serving as the bulwarks against impending assault of the encroaching swamp. Entering through these doors, one would find themselves in a juxtaposition of time and culture, a veritable Egyptian tomb for those who reside within, surrounded by the culture through which they expressed their ideals. The musty silence would be sporadically broken throughout the day by the patrols of an ailing set of Protectrons and the occasional Mr. Handy, curators for the deceased. To walk along these halls, one would find many questions and few answers. Why do the Protectrons have bullet marks in their chassis? Where are the tools that fired those bullets? Where did all the pen chains go? If one were to proceed deeper in the heart of this facility, one would find themselves standing before the bank vault. Littered around the door are bones and tools of those who failed to gain entry into the inner tomb. Which skeletons were seeking refuge in the face of an apocalyptic hellscape and which ones were seeking to obtain the wealth of a culture which no longer has value or meaning? Emblazoned on the door of the vault is the phrase 'Sucks to suck!' Who left this message? These questions are without obvious answers. However, if one were to enter the vault of the bank, one may gain a bit more information. Sprawled on the floor is the desiccated corpse of our would-be Pharaoh, adored with fedora hat. Scattered around the room are the valuables that might accompany him into the dark of the afterlife. Green jugs, reds packets, some faceted baubles, corroded books and papers and the entrusted wealth of the institution. How were the final days of this man's life spent? Where did this man come from and what were his motivations? What forces of life and chaos led to his entombment in the swamps of Miami?

The Wastelands holds many tales. Not many are told.

11. spaceman98

spaceman98 Plotting something

Great update!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEt41bYQBgE

The sound of a buzzsaw cutting through mechanical salvage made it clear that the Supreme Leader was working, and not to be disturbed. However, leadership duties must always take priority, so Kotlanov walked into the room (a former barracks once used by the American soldiers who ran this base) with confidence. He had just returned from Valdosta: His first experience with the wasteland. He had heard the stories of course. Of Yang's rebels overthrowing the soldiers. Of brave comrades fighting raiders who had attacked the fortress. But what he saw on the way there made it all starkly real... and what he saw when he got to Valdosta somehow only made it worse.

Wen looked up from her work, removing her goggles. She was young, but to call her inexperienced was a grave mistake. Her skill at repairing the ancient machinery may have won her renown, but it was her organizing abillities that had gained her the position of Supreme Leader.

Wen: "Valdosta Group, please Report."

Kotlanov: "We have found the edge of the world..."

Kotlanov's voice now shook more than he expected. The third generation son of Soviet nationals who had been detained on suspicion of espionage, he was now a trained soldier of the revolution. The blaster he held in his hand had saved his life... and taken the life of at least two of the raiders that had attacked them near Clyattville.

Wen: "What do you mean? There is no edge to the victory of the proletariate, mearly temporary setbacks, and together, we will overcome them. I read your report. We all mourn the deaths of our comrades by Clyattville, and we must ensure that they did not die in vain."

Kotlanov: "Valdosta... Empty, all of it. There was nothing alive there. Not even flies... Not even radroaches. Even the vegitation was wilted. You don't understand... not until you've been there. The place felt... haunted.

Storms of radiation from Atlanta had scoured it clean. We were lucky not to be caught in one ourselves. I fear future parties may not be so lucky. I fear our comrade's deaths may indeed have been in vain, and it is by luck alone that we do not count ourselves amongst their number."

Wen: "The graves of the bourgoise world, scoured by the fires of its peridition. But fear not. Once we find Hazmat gear, or make our own, we will be able to clear Valdosta safely. For now, you will be relocated to Madison. There are large quantities of salvage there. Enough to build a new city. We shall call it Jiangrad, in the Soviet manner, in honor of our glorious founder."

Kotlanov bowed, and began to leave.

Wen: "Oh, and one more thing: I need your advice."

Kotlanov turned.

The supreme leader spoke

Wen: "The proper punishment for one who exceeds their rations is re-education through hard labor, such that the offender may understand the magnitude of their crime, and realize what their life would be like without the revolution"

Kotlanov: "As is just."

Wen: "But what if the offender is a child?"

Kotlanov: "Should The Party decide?"

Wen: "700 people, at last role call? People who don't know the specifics of the case? Su Chang is an orphan, less than 5 years of age. His parents died due to disease. He stole rations like sweetrolls to feed his baby sister, Ah Chang (OOC: http://babynames.net/boy/chinese is usefull). By law, he has comitted a crime against the revolution, and members of The Party are calling for his punishment."

Kotlanov's mind flashed to the children of those who had died in the Valdosta expedition.

Kotlanov: "But... That's just unreasonable... A five-year old child cannot survive hard labor, much less an infant.

Wen: "But to let theft of rations go unpunished is to permit bourgoise values to return. Each must give according to their abillities, and each must recieve according to their needs. Otherwise there will be hoarding, and we shall starve. I agree with you, the law must be changed, but the child cannot be pardoned."

Kotlanov: "I agree with you, thieves must be punished, but how?"

Wen: "Here is my solution: The children will owe a debt to the party. They have taken more than their share, but they do not yet understand why this is a crime, nor can they yet return that debt.

(OOC: Supreme Leader's Challenge) When they reach the age of 16, both guilty children shall complete one months of hard labor for each portion of rations stolen. After that, their standing within The Party shall be restored, and their names cleared. Until then, we shall see to it that they are not mistreated. They shall be taught as any other child would, except that the importance of this additional obligation shall be impressed upon them. Orphans comitting such crimes is a failiure of our society as a whole, to provide the proper education that the New Man requires to build this New World. We cannot rely on the prewar institution of the family, when so many of our young comrades are left without fathers and mothers"

Kotlanov nods.

Wen: "This is an official decree of the Supreme Leader, affirmed by trusted comrades who have shown true leadership in the name of the revolution."

(Kotlanov invoulentarily cringed at this discription of himself. If he had shown true leadership, they wouldn't have lost a third of his force to raider scum.)

Wen: "As such it is final, and will not be voted upon. Case closed. Depart to Madison immediately under the command of comrade Xun Fan, who will lead salvage efforts there."

Kotlanov: "Glory to the Revolution!"

OOC: Orders to come. Suffice to say that I'm going south, not north, at least for now.

And yes, I am aware that I am effectively setting (significantly delayed) hard labor as a punishment for stealing snacks. Welcome to semi-extreme ideology in a world of extreme scarcity

12. thomas.berubeg

thomas.berubeg Wandering the World

13. Golden1Knight

Golden1Knight Emperor

To: Square

We are willing to exchange water for weaponry. Maybe 1000 water for 120 Low-Tech Melee Weapons and 50 Low-Tech Ranged Weapons?

Feel free to make a counter proposal, decades of isolation deprived us of the basics of market rules.

OOC:
    Spoiler :
    I really have no idea if my proposal is acceptable :p

14. EQandcivfanatic

EQandcivfanatic Zailing Captain Retired Moderator

In reference to Purple Dot, otherwise known as the Floridian Skylords: I believed he stated he wanted to start at MacDill, which is located in south Tampa. Yes, he should be at the auxiliary field. Will be corrected.

@Immaculate:
    1. Mirelurks are edible when hunted. I'd recommend consulting the Fallout wiki for further information on these creatures.
    2. Nope, the vault is unknown, but it's reasonable to assume you know about Square.

@Blaze_Injun:
    1. You're the yellow dot. Skylords are the purple dot to the southwest.
    2. My previous answer was under the assumption you wanted to be located in Clearwater. You stated that you meant the location northeast of Tampa. You cannot see the Gulf with any clarity from that location, even from the top of the hotel.
    3. You can assume that you have some form of distilled liquor as long as you still have food and water.

@Lord_Herobrine: Cape Coral is barely arable for farming, and the canals are not in good shape.

Well done on so many people getting in orders but some recommendations:

1. Use as much of your population as you can as people sitting idle don't give you anything besides some extra guards at the home base.

2. Don't die.

15. EQandcivfanatic

To: Vault 99

Well, the issue is that you can produce more water but at this time we cannot produce more weapons. How about 60 Melee Weapons and 25 Ranged ones?

16. Golden1Knight

Golden1Knight Emperor

We agree. Let's hope this is the first step in an enduring friendship.

17. Golden1Knight

Golden1Knight Emperor

OOC: One more thing, Bradenton is fertile? The nearby rivers are radioactive or its water is acceptable for consumption?

18. Blaze Injun

Hey,

So I am alone with the Beasties of Tampa. :twitch:

Edit: How about putting each players color in the stats. Maybe beside the Capital name?

Thanks,

Blaze Injun

19. EQandcivfanatic

@thomas.berubeg: At least one of those 22 locations is an artifact of DOOM. MWUAHAHAHHHA.

@Golden1Knight: Bradenton qualifies as "barely arable."

@Blaze_Injun: Yes.

20. Zappericus

Zappericus Euro scumbag

Did my orders for this turn amuse you, eq? :^)