BOTWAWKI Revised Thread

Sorry I have been busy IRL, moving home myself too! I'll get orders to you in a day or so :)

I hope everything is going better for you, EQ. Losing your computer sucks loads (I know because it has happened to me), so I am glad that you were able to get a new one, even if it must have cost you an arm and a leg.

Take your time with the update, though. We do not want to pressure you.

Have you tried OpenOffice Base? Maybe that can allow you to do the same as before without having to pay for Microsoft Office.

It is awesome isn't it? I still mostly prefer This Machine and the .45 Submachine Gun though. The whole survivalist unmarked collection quest is by far my most favoritest part of Honest Hearts. Now, if only Old World Blues would come out...

July 19th, says the sites I read. Delayed, but maybe Obsidian will do a better job testing this time...

Where were you during the Bethesda Fallout 3 days? The Pitt was one of the buggiest fallout DLC to date. Honest Hearts was almost exactly the opposite.

As far as I am concerned, New Vegas is the spiritual successor to Van Buren, and Fallout 3 is roughly as canon as Fallout Tactics. ;)

(See also: Mothership Zeta)

The rest of ya'll need to get in orders too. Tomorrow is my move, and I'll be updating on Sunday for certain. So get them in and we could have the update up by Monday!

Starting update now. Should have it up by the end of the week.

“My name is Harold and I am a dope fiend,” Harold clinks his manacles in front of the children in the classroom.

The children gasp at his ghastly appearance, his dark inset eyes are forever scarred into their retinas.

“I just thought that I was… better… when I was using the chems…”

The teacher gives a frown, and the guards outside take notice.

“But I wasn’t, I was just seeing things, I was always seeing things. I was always thinking things….

“That weren’t true… I don’t know how to explain it.”

The children now have all begun to frown, some of the smaller ones cry at the tragic tone of his story, even if they don’t fully understand the implications of his words.

“I started using because I didn’t like myself, plain and simple. I hated myself so much that I destroyed myself,” he holds out his pale, veiny hands, marked with holes from syringe use, “In such a horrific manner.”

The teacher is now getting worried again, but for totally new reasons, Harold is thrashing about at the front of the room and her own head is too near to his wild charade.

“Children, play soccer, run in the sunshine,” the police have come in to haul this junkie away, his arm reaches out to the children as he his dragged away, “Love yourselves, you are exquisite!”

The policemen shake their heads in a shared laugh at the junkie’s sense of high drama, they toss him into the street outside the school, “Sentence served.”

Harold pulls himself up and brushes himself off, “I’ll have you know,” he lights a cigarette, “That I’ve been clean for two weeks.”

The policemen laugh, “You look like it,” one of them says, “You look like a goner.”

Harold turns, heads to the food stockpile to get some water, “I’ll get better,” he says to himself.

But he doesn’t believe it.

Stuck. Completely stuck. When I've had time to work on the update, just haven't been able to do much without losing interest. Progress is going, but I've hit a mental roadblock on most elements of the update.

After careful consideration, I'm stopping this NES here. I do intend on providing some summaries of what happens next and so forth, and I apologize to the newcomers about the NES's demise.

Simple fact is that my interest has departed, primarily as I've had a resurgence of interest in the industrial age and so forth for the time being. Perhaps this ruleset will resurface in the future, and I'd be happy to provide all the workings and details of the ruleset to anyone who'd like to create their own fallout NES.

Special thanks to technojock for the effort he put into this NES, perhaps even more than I did myself.

This NES lasted far longer than I expected, but simply put, my interest just isn't here anymore.

Top Bottom