Brexit Thread VII - Revenge of the Brexiteers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trump is kind of like Bizarro at this stage.

So when he denigrates someone, to me that reads more like an endorsement of that person by a real human being...

It's borderline, but I don't think a Trump Endorsement is really something you want as a European Candidate... And frankly wouldn't the election news belong more into that other thread about British interior politics? I neither see this election as a good indicator of British public opinion (for that the election system is too antiquated) nor that it will be able to solve the Gordian knot of Brexit. And if it does that, it'll be soon enough for me to hear about it when they've done their little election.

I'd rather look to Thuringia right now where they are counting single votes to determine whether one party enters parliament or not (latest tally, 1 single vote above the threshold).

It's borderline, but I don't think a Trump Endorsement is really something you want as a European Candidate... And frankly wouldn't the election news belong more into that other thread about British interior politics? I neither see this election as a good indicator of British public opinion (for that the election system is too antiquated) nor that it will be able to solve the Gordian knot of Brexit. And if it does that, it'll be soon enough for me to hear about it when they've done their little election.

I'd rather look to Thuringia right now where they are counting single votes to determine whether one party enters parliament or not (latest tally, 1 single vote above the threshold).

Is it another neo-nazi party then? :p
Can't be; those are more popular in Germany; isn't the threshold something ridiculous like 0,5%?

Happy Brexit Day!

It's funny, the big question now will be what will be finished earlier, Brexit or the BER (Berlin Airport). I will get a Brexit Advent Calendar this year, you know, one that I can fill up with chocolates again when I get to the end and start over. You've all seen the one with the British Premier Minister going to Brussels in 2353 and nobody knows why. Or the one about the kid saying "When I grow up, I want to be a Brexit negotiator, like my dad and granddad before me". Oh my god, there are so many jokes...
Oh, that's so low.

That was actually shamefully copied from the Postillon. They have a lot (and I mean a lot) more of BER jokes... :) I'm not sure I like games as the one you linked too. The "tax payer association" just seems so phony, even I want to defend the BER-project against them... Speaking of the party of the rich:

Is it another neo-nazi party then? :p
Can't be; those are more popular in Germany; isn't the threshold something ridiculous like 0,5%?

No, it's the Liberal Democratcs (FDP). It'd be their first entry in Eastern Germany.

I agree that the election will not be a good indicator for anything, but Brexit will be a defining topic for it - no matter how much Labour wants it to be about anything else. And if any party manages to get a majority against all odds, it will have a lot of freedom in shaping a Brexit to their liking and could have enough votes to push it through.

Now that we have missed yet another Brexit day, it might be time for a new thread, though.

Whether the FDP makes it or not will be an interesting side show, but the real issue will be whether anybody will be able to form a government there. So far, there does not seem to be any possible majority for any government.

I think there should first be a thread on the elections - followed by the next in the brexit series.

I won't be starting it. Imo a good idea would be for someone from Britain to start it.

Just not Arakhor, cause he is a libdem :shake:

Last edited:
Whether the FDP makes it or not will be an interesting side show, but the real issue will be whether anybody will be able to form a government there. So far, there does not seem to be any possible majority for any government.

Last sidenote: you are right, but since it doesn't affect me, I find the entry-into-parliament question more interesting from a political science point of view. A gummi bear coalition (everything but blue) would be funny though just because of its name. But there's a German thread for that.

Have we reached the number of posts for this one? I guess it will be quiet in here until the deadline again looms close anyways.

It's November 1

Has the UK exploded ?

These threads are typically decided by event, rather than post-count, but the last few threads have run to 2000-2400 or so posts each. @tjs282, would you like to start the next thread?

Moderator Action: Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom