[BTS] 43 Religions

I'm pretty sure that this would make an absolutely disastrous game. However, I'm even more sure that having all of these icons and names together in one place is a tremendous resource for religion modding. Thank you very much for assembling this.

this looks really interesting but it might become too cluttering with having 7 different religions in each of your cities, perhaps a way to choose which religions you want in the game before hand and/or a rather strong inquisidor unit to get rid of religions and holy city and oust that religion from play

This looks amazing.

Personally I think 43 is too much, but this can be a valuable tool. Combine with Zebra's Religion limiter Mod and there will be tremendous variety in the game.

One question I have is, is there a way to rearrange the icons? so they can be "grouped" with similar religions?

For example, in the first row, have the Polytheistic religions, in the Second all the Nontheistic (Buddhism, etc...) 3rd row Monotheistic, etc... Putting all the Christian branches together, and so on....

Regardless, this is an amazing resource.

Wonderful icons. In my mod, the icons are not so beautiful ^^. But i coded in sdk a system wich chose x religions in each games (default : 9). If you know python or SDK, it can be a good solution to use this entertaining mod.

First of all, the icons are great. About the election of religions some of them I don't recognize. What is "Ahmadi". It seems to have an affinity with Islam but I don't know what exactly it means.

Your idea with some serious work can turn into something quite revolutionary. I noticed through your posts that you already have great ideas in your mind. I like to emphasis two ideas:

- Each civ starting with some ancient religion. This is more realistic. It also eliminate the need for inventing techs for these religions.
- Religions fading. Also quite realistic. Some have faded away entirely. Others at least hold just a nominal place in modern times compared to what they once had. It can be arranged so that some religions would have tendency to derive other religions away with different rates. For instance Muslims wouldn't tolerate polytheistic religions but they would co-exist with Christianity, and Judaism.

Some other Ideas

- The strife resulting from different religions in the same city can be represented with unhappiness when the number of religions is more than a specific number.

- Religions can be grouped logically so relations modifiers are different based on which group of religions a civ belongs to.

I really want this mod. I just figured out how to make 'Choose Religion' default and wanted to add a bunch.

Is is possible to pick out just the religions I want to add?

Hey cool, Mormons!!! When I get off I am going to have to try and work the Zebra connection and see if that won't allow for select religions to be available in game instead of all of them. On a flavor note, is there a way to influence the civ/leader personalities to favor certain religions, in say the choose your own religion option Arabs choose one of the Muslim religions and France chooses one of the Christian religions? My modding skills are limited to cut and past at the moment:mischief:

There is an entry in the xml that gives each civ one favored religion. Unfortunately, after their favorite has been founded, they'll just pick any at random iirc.

Nope nope, Pastafarianism is the belief in the Flying Spaghetti Monster. One has to dress up as a pirate if one is going to properly evangelize. Not exactly a true religion, but still something that would be a humorous inclusion.

How about the Kharjites for an Islamic faction. I took an intro to Islam course last Spring, and it was always listed as one of the divisions if more than Sunni and Shiite were covered (you already have the folk-religion Sufis). Kharjite, if you are not acquainted with it, is the radical militant spin-off, condemned early on by both Sunnis and Shiites, even as the Kharjites themselves condemned both of those groups for apostasy. Kharjites have taken several embodiments throughout Islamic history, the latest of which is what we know as Al-Queda.

Top Bottom