[BTS Module] Israel

i used the shayetet 13 unit in my mod (overlord 2)
for israel,

also you can do - sayeret matkal, palmach, d'abboor, Lavie plane (thought it didnt get into mass pruduction).

achzarit - armored vehicle like an apc.

as for a ub....
kotel for walls is very nice,
as suggestted - kibuz, mossad, shabak, attomic reactor of dimona,
tower of david, israeli air base.

:)

Has anyone played this mod yet?

sorry, I was out all day yesterday

First of all: Icemanjsg, you have to go to My Documents-->My Games-->Beyond the Sword--> and open the Civ4 ini file. There, it should say:
Modular XML Loading= 0

change it to

Modular XML Loading = 1
that should help

Second of all, thank you all for your wonderful suggestions! I'll definitely be checking them all out.:)

Those of you that mention Kibbutz, I was actually thinking of that when I first started developing the mod. however, Kibbutzim are more of "communities" than single buildings. I could use them as a unique building, but it just would be kind of different. Perhaps, if possible, they could replace village/town improvements.

Those of you that mention Kibbutz, I was actually thinking of that when I first started developing the mod. however, Kibbutzim are more of "communities" than single buildings. I could use them as a unique building, but it just would be kind of different. Perhaps, if possible, they could replace village/town improvements.

No problem. I agree Kibbutz are probably a bad choice

Hey thanks your suggestion worked, However, whenever I click on replaces swordsman, it crashes the game also the same when i click on replaces wall it crashes the game as well, its not a massive problem just thought I would tell ya, my friend is round and it happens on his laptop too

This Mod is fantastic the music is great the flag is great the leader and the units are great absolutely amazing mod! thanks!

once again thanks!!!

Kibutz cant be a UB because its a whole town not a building its like making "small village" as a UB

Hey thanks your suggestion worked, However, whenever I click on replaces swordsman, it crashes the game also the same when i click on replaces wall it crashes the game as well, its not a massive problem just thought I would tell ya, my friend is round and it happens on his laptop too

Thats odd, I'll try to fix it in the next version

How about making Ariel Sharon one of Israel's leaders. It would only be fitting. After all he did serve in a lot of important postitions in the past, just take a look at this bio of his. http://www.mfa.gov.il/MFA/MFAArchive/2000_2009/2003/2/Ariel+Sharon.htm

Judging from his bio I would have to say that charismatic because he led soldiers a lot in combat and was appealing enough to the general public to be elected Prime Minister of Israel. I think organized would be appropriate as a second trait.

Also I think that Golda Meir would be a good leader to add to Israel. I had heard about her on a radio show and so hunted down a bio on the net and was surprised what I found out about her. Just take a look for yourself, if anyone deserves to be put in the game as a modern leader of Israel, it's her.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golda_Meir

I think financial, because of the fundraising she did for Israel, would be a good trait for her. I think the other trait that would fit her well would be protective because she led Israel through the Yom Kippur War.

I must say that Golda Meir was one of the worst of israel's leaders she failed to predict the yom kippur war and decided not to call the military reserve, Ben gurion should be a leader he founded Israel and won the Independence war and been voted two times as a prime minister.

I must say that Golda Meir was one of the worst of israel's leaders she failed to predict the yom kippur war and decided not to call the military reserve, Ben gurion should be a leader he founded Israel and won the Independence war and been voted two times as a prime minister.

I agree. The Leaders that are definite are David, Solomon, and Ben Gurion. I'm not sure if Moses would count, even though he lead the Israelites. I'm also debating if I should put in Joshua or not.

Wasn't Gold Meir a secret agent at one point? I seem to remember hearing about how she found about a planned attack against Israel from some Iranian official. Also, according her bio that I read, if she did go on with the premtive strike Isreal wouldn't have gotten any US aid. Since I am only an American who puts more focus on my countrys history than others, I only know so much about this issue. So if there are a few asptects of this issue that I am missing could someone fill me in?

Great idea! I would uggest cutting the top of the crown, leaving only the base. This would be more fitting for ancient middle-eastern crowns.

I agree. The Leaders that are definite are David, Solomon, and Ben Gurion. I'm not sure if Moses would count, even though he lead the Israelites. I'm also debating if I should put in Joshua or not.

Joshua also lead the israelites, he took control after Moses and conquered Israel But never ruled it, in Joshua's age each tribe of Israel ruled itself and there was no central Rule the first one that ruled Israel was Saul and then David.

It would be great to have hebrew-speaking units in this mod!
Any hebrew speakers with a decent microphone on the forum? :)

I speak hebrew but I dont know what words to say, any suggestions?

I speak hebrew but I dont know what words to say, any suggestions?

I'm not very good at hebrew, so I probably couldn't. But in your case, you could listen to the English recordings (if your American), or the language your most fluent in, and translate it to hebrew. It would be truly great if I could get some Hebrew recordings!!

I'm not very good at hebrew, so I probably couldn't. But in your case, you could listen to the English recordings (if your American), or the language your most fluent in, and translate it to hebrew. It would be truly great if I could get some Hebrew recordings!!

I tried to record some words on my microphone but it made my voice kinda wierd, so I don't think I can help with the hebrew words

Top Bottom