Bug Reports

Oh I think I forgot to mention something of a bug, but it could just be an game limitation..

I was working the end game tech, Divine Right I think, the one that converts tech to fealty, when I met an undiscovered native, who 'helpfully' offered to enlighten me... now Divine Right is discovered, and I can only do the culture tech.

Which is going to make it even harder to get my fealty up..

I also checked on the situation of imported goods (like armour, weapons, tools) and exporting over X amount at the same time. (to make sure everyone has some.)

The caravans are just picking them up and keeping them.. I discovered a caravan with about 450 tools in it just driving around :D

I think the kings wood might not be working, when I look at it in pedia, it has nothing in the pedia entry, and has ruins as it's button image in the top left..

I tried building it on deer and it didn't show up, I am going to try it with a boar. Doesn't appear with boar either, maybe you forgot to add it to the build lists somewhere?

I am now a thoroughly rich king who owns no forest!! What madness is this!!

Also now with about 150000 in the bank I seem to have more or less tapped out the wealth of the trade routes :D

Also if you look at this screen shot, the production numbers related to plate armour seem weird, the armour, hides and tools numbers are different. They also kept updating strangely. at one point there was no number for tool consumption, then tools came back and the hide number changed..

Attachments

• production issue.jpg
    production issue.jpg
    275.8 KB · Views: 116
Here is my latest save, I don't know how many of the crazies you will find, some of the stuff (like the city screen) seemed to go haywire as I interacted with it and changed things around. With the trade route crazies, if you reinstate the import/export in prague for weapons and such, you will probably get the crazy back.

Attachments

• AutoSave_AD-1355.ColonizationSave
    239.1 KB · Views: 94
Me again...

Is chainmail only supposed to require hides?

All three Heavier Armor types require Hides. The saved game you have shows that this is true.

It also looks like trade with a military outpost gives +100% faith. That should be fealty right?

I forgot that having an outpost attached might help with that :D till now! DOH! But it didn't it helped with faith instead! :D

Ah, I never finished the coding in XML. Only one building is setup to use this system, that being the Village Hall, and yeah, it only gains bonuses to Crosses. All the others need to be set up as well. I'll have to go back and look at the notes on this and remember what our plans was.

Oh I think I forgot to mention something of a bug, but it could just be an game limitation..

I was working the end game tech, Divine Right I think, the one that converts tech to fealty, when I met an undiscovered native, who 'helpfully' offered to enlighten me... now Divine Right is discovered, and I can only do the culture tech.

Which is going to make it even harder to get my fealty up..

This was a bug, I have added code to prevent the Conversion Techs from being a GoodyTech.

Good bug hunting so far. The main thing I was wanting testing was the Limited Resources and you have given some excellent feedback on that. See if you can finish out and Defeat/Liberate the Pope. I like to see how that plays out with the new Pope on the Map and having to Control or Liberate Rome. The game should auto begin you conquest, at the end, if you don't have enough Fealty.

To clarify with the heavy armours, at one point I switched from plate to Chainmail, (after discovering I need both to make heavy knights) and the roll over display (on the Armour Forge) showed that it needed hides, hides and hides, nothing else... it also didn't seem to take anything but hides on the bottom bar (only hides had a negative number under it) Now this may have been because at that moment I didn't have any hides so it sort of dead eneded itself code wise some how, but I don't know. The point being it should of needed some kind of metal as well, either tools or ore.

With the Monastery/Castle link, it seems to be working for the cities (I haven't actually done the math, but it diplays as a bonus in the faith text).

If I remember right the Castle was going to give a bonus to fealty (this one makes sense, as a bunch of soldiers down the road would tend to keep you loyal! :) ) As well as the fact that Fealty production really needs some help. (Which I know is coming.)

The other plan was to give something like a bonus when both are connected to a city.

Yeah I am now trying to prepare for the end game, I have over 200,000 in the bank, and I am now just trying to get soldiers to turn into an army to rival The Papal Crusaders. I need about 20 in each category. I am also trying to figure out where/how to build seige engines..

With that weird behaviour from my supply trains, I am now trying to undo all the import export plans, and just centralise the collection of all my war materials, and then get troops to use them.

When I get enough Aristocrats, I will change to feudalism to get them as heavy Knights.

To clarify with the heavy armours, at one point I switched from plate to Chainmail, (after discovering I need both to make heavy knights) and the roll over display (on the Armour Forge) showed that it needed hides, hides and hides, nothing else...

I just checked this in your save. All three Heavy Armor types require Tools and Hides, if Hides is Missing it says -25 from lack of hides, hides, hides, which this shouldn't be showed three times. In the city of Prague 30 are attempting to be produced but only 5 hides are produced each turn, so this knocks it down to just 5 per turn. So, other than the text error it seems to be working.

If I remember right the Castle was going to give a bonus to fealty (this one makes sense, as a bunch of soldiers down the road would tend to keep you loyal! :) ) As well as the fact that Fealty production really needs some help. (Which I know is coming.)

Right, Military Outposts should give Fealty Bonus, this just needs to be setup in the XML.

With that weird behaviour from my supply trains, I am now trying to undo all the import export plans, and just centralise the collection of all my war materials, and then get troops to use them.

I am not sure about this, this may have to deal with the Feeder code as I don't recall doing anything to train AI.

Oh yeah, the King's Forest... did you say you actually Built one but it didn't show up, or that the command to build it doesn't show? I probably never finished it either, probably never added the new Build Command for it. :blush: Lots going on :)

Ok, Al-Masur appears and asks you to cancel deals with Pope, but his delayed response works. Then the next turn their is no Diplomacy Popup. The turn that it has already happened doesn't help :(

Do you recall what the Diplomacy was or did it just appear again with out any diplomacy screen?

Edit: Actually, I was trying it some more. I saved it with a Delayed Response waiting, and then the next turn I am getting some bug action, so let me investigate further. Still, any info you can give will help.

Haven't tried that yet as I had to do other things, but my guess is it will be ok, it was before when I went back (the last time it happened). I wonder if it is something like a desync if you end the turn too quickly, when a diplomacy event is being loaded, and that somehow messes up with the delay code.

I also still get the CTD when I go to main menu, load a game from inside the game, or close the game.

yeah going back a turn cleared it.

By the way did you see how much money I had :D 1,600,000! and Now it is over 2,000,000 :D I am so Rich! I wish i could see how much my banks prduce per turn!

Haven't tried that yet as I had to do other things, but my guess is it will be ok, it was before when I went back (the last time it happened). I wonder if it is something like a desync if you end the turn too quickly, when a diplomacy event is being loaded, and that somehow messes up with the delay code.

I also still get the CTD when I go to main menu, load a game from inside the game, or close the game.

yeah going back a turn cleared it.

By the way did you see how much money I had :D 1,600,000! and Now it is over 2,000,000 :D I am so Rich! I wish i could see how much my banks prduce per turn!

Yeah, I seen the money, is that good or way to much? How does that compare to Vanilla Col? If you hover over the Gold Pile on main screen you will at least see how much you are earning in interest.

Technically you shouldn't be able to end the turn at all if there are Diplomacy screens up.

Compared to vanilla Col. it is a hell of a lot more. It is too much really, as I could pretty much do whatever I wanted and never manage to spend it. However I do love it hehehe. But I think others would object. I am now at 4,000,000 :D

I think I found another possible bug with the palace, I cannot build it, because it says it requires a timber fort and I now have stone walls. I have the other requirements, unless it has to be built in a military city, ok just clicked it and it does..

I don't know if it makes sense for your palace to be in a castle, as a castle would not be your capital... really.

I get this when a vassal comes to trade with me and i ask them to give it to me as a vassal gift.
Assert Failed

File: CvTeamAI.cpp
Line: 505
Expression: eTeam != getID()

Ok not to worry, when I posted I thought it had locked the game but it didn't :)

Top Bottom