Bugs/Balance Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
After doing some tests, it turns out you cannot buy a city state and make them a puppet in "1 city challenge".

I'd think this is a bug? You can still have puppets in 1 city challenge, so why not be able to use the merchant ability to buy one?

I suppose Venice was viewed as overpowered in 1cc?

Do you still get credit for the 1cc win?

In my situation, I couldn't even afford to put a bit of work into it. I was barely meeting maintenance and building things that didn't have maintenance costs just to keep in the black. It's just dull. Fighting a few defensive wars spices things up a bit, imo. At least the barbs are aggressive, but I have been relentlessly vigilant against them, so they are fairly weak too.

The early game feels like an accounting simulator with minor concerns about barbarians.

The late game may have too much gold available too. I'm in the Industrial Era right now on Emperor and I've got more gold than I can spend. I've got a good sized army and navy, CS allies, all my buildings built, and I'm still raking in 150 GPT. This kind of lines up with what I've read in the reviews too.

That said, I do have Tithe, no one else on my continent founded a religion, and lots of good sea trade routes. It could be unusual.

I did find gold pretty hard to come by early game though, even with selling luxes for GPT. A gold balancing patch might be needed.

I'm having a really obnoxious game-crash bug that seems to be related to embarked units.

Playing the Shoshone on a huge earth map. I've had two different units get to slightly different areas in the middle of the Pacific Ocean, then the game crashes to desktop if I move them. My Caravels can move through the area with no problems, it's just embarked units. I can continue playing if I put the units to sleep where they are or delete them, but they're lost either way.

Anyone else having this issue? I'm guessing it's some sort of glitch in map generation... but I really have no idea.
Have you ever heard of... The Bermuda Triangle? I guess it's a new natural wonder! :lol:

I wish I could run into bugs, no matter how many... 'Cause then I would be playing the game. ;) Oh well, I'll see my share soon enough.

I allied with a city state with 7 coal, mined. Didn't receive any, and with Venice it may be a problem

After doing some tests, it turns out you cannot buy a city state and make them a puppet in "1 city challenge".

I'd think this is a bug? You can still have puppets in 1 city challenge, so why not be able to use the merchant ability to buy one?

I suppose Venice was viewed as overpowered in 1cc?

You can't have puppets in a OCC (that is by design and otherwise it would not be One city challenge)

You can have CS Allies, but you cannot have your 'color' coming from any city other than your first.

As Venice, play an OCC by using the Great Merchant Trade Mission (it give 2x influence and 2x gold) to make the CS an ALLY.

Not so much a bug as a minor annoyance... but playing as Poland when i got to the modern era i got my free policy but my ideology still said i needed to get to the modern age or build 3 factories. It unlocked a turn later after i had to spend the policy. a bit irksome.

I allied with a city state with 7 coal, mined. Didn't receive any, and with Venice it may be a problem

i had the same issue when trying to rush factories. After about 5 turns i got the coal. They might have changed it to be more like the austria ua requirement?

You can't have puppets in a OCC (that is by design and otherwise it would not be One city challenge)

It just occurred to me that Shoshone will get a pretty big advantage early in OCC games. :eek:

Is anyone else seeing unusually peaceful early games? I think the hard-to-earn gold in the early game might be stifling the dreams of early era conquerors.

In my situation, I couldn't even afford to put a bit of work into it. I was barely meeting maintenance and building things that didn't have maintenance costs just to keep in the black. It's just dull. Fighting a few defensive wars spices things up a bit, imo. At least the barbs are aggressive, but I have been relentlessly vigilant against them, so they are fairly weak too.

The early game feels like an accounting simulator with minor concerns about barbarians.

Money is absolutely bound to your trade routes now. Build a Caravan ASAP and get it trading with one of your neighbors. I've had two civs that were extremely aggressive in G&K, but are my buddies right now in BNW because I've got trade routes with them (and a few regular trades) since early game. You won't have the large cash payments for luxuries anymore, but it'll help you get GPT to cover maintenance.

And once you hit Guilds in the Middle Ages, the gold just starts rolling in. :king:

My first game almost all of the City States had a single wine luxury resource, but since then I've restarted and it seems to have disappeared.

I found a minor bug during the end game. Apparently, if you destroy/raze another civ's city using a Nuclear Missile, then the game will crash when the game is processing that Civ's next turn. I was playing as Polynesia and I destroyed one of Pedro's cities with a nuke, and after I clicked "next turn", the game crashed while it was processing Pedro's turn.
Do trade caravans have anything to do with it? Because one of the units destroyed by the nuke was one of his trade caravans.

Moderator Action: Guys, posting all bugs in a single big thread is an utter mess!
Please head over to either tech support forum or the bug forum if you have any problems and either join the existing threads about your issue or create a new one. That will make working with the problems a lot easier.
Thank you :).
Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom