1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Bugs/Balance Issues

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Bug Reports' started by aluelkdf, Jul 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pyke

Pyke Chieftain

Do you still get credit for the 1cc win?

2. Law Lord

Law Lord Chieftain

The late game may have too much gold available too. I'm in the Industrial Era right now on Emperor and I've got more gold than I can spend. I've got a good sized army and navy, CS allies, all my buildings built, and I'm still raking in 150 GPT. This kind of lines up with what I've read in the reviews too.

That said, I do have Tithe, no one else on my continent founded a religion, and lots of good sea trade routes. It could be unusual.

I did find gold pretty hard to come by early game though, even with selling luxes for GPT. A gold balancing patch might be needed.

3. Greizer85

Greizer85 Emperor

Have you ever heard of... The Bermuda Triangle? I guess it's a new natural wonder! :lol:

I wish I could run into bugs, no matter how many... 'Cause then I would be playing the game. ;) Oh well, I'll see my share soon enough.

4. Riker

Riker True Metal of Steel

I allied with a city state with 7 coal, mined. Didn't receive any, and with Venice it may be a problem

5. KrikkitTwo

KrikkitTwo Immortal

You can't have puppets in a OCC (that is by design and otherwise it would not be One city challenge)

You can have CS Allies, but you cannot have your 'color' coming from any city other than your first.

As Venice, play an OCC by using the Great Merchant Trade Mission (it give 2x influence and 2x gold) to make the CS an ALLY.

6. DeutschDachs

DeutschDachs Emperor

Not so much a bug as a minor annoyance... but playing as Poland when i got to the modern era i got my free policy but my ideology still said i needed to get to the modern age or build 3 factories. It unlocked a turn later after i had to spend the policy. a bit irksome.

7. DeutschDachs

DeutschDachs Emperor

i had the same issue when trying to rush factories. After about 5 turns i got the coal. They might have changed it to be more like the austria ua requirement?

8. BluegrassGeek

BluegrassGeek Warlord

It just occurred to me that Shoshone will get a pretty big advantage early in OCC games. :eek:

Money is absolutely bound to your trade routes now. Build a Caravan ASAP and get it trading with one of your neighbors. I've had two civs that were extremely aggressive in G&K, but are my buddies right now in BNW because I've got trade routes with them (and a few regular trades) since early game. You won't have the large cash payments for luxuries anymore, but it'll help you get GPT to cover maintenance.

And once you hit Guilds in the Middle Ages, the gold just starts rolling in. :king:

9. OmniPotent42

OmniPotent42 King

My first game almost all of the City States had a single wine luxury resource, but since then I've restarted and it seems to have disappeared.

10. Karatekid5

Karatekid5 Warlord

I found a minor bug during the end game. Apparently, if you destroy/raze another civ's city using a Nuclear Missile, then the game will crash when the game is processing that Civ's next turn. I was playing as Polynesia and I destroyed one of Pedro's cities with a nuke, and after I clicked "next turn", the game crashed while it was processing Pedro's turn.
    Do trade caravans have anything to do with it? Because one of the units destroyed by the nuke was one of his trade caravans.

11. The_J

The_J Say No 2 Net Validations Retired Moderator Supporter

Moderator Action: Guys, posting all bugs in a single big thread is an utter mess!
    Please head over to either tech support forum or the bug forum if you have any problems and either join the existing threads about your issue or create a new one. That will make working with the problems a lot easier.
    Thank you :).
    Thread closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.