California School Bans American Flag?

^It would make a bit more sense to worry/order those supposed to be prone to committing the violence, not those wearing a flag t-shirt..
We get it, you don't like immigrants, and since the Golden Dawn is being rounded up right now you've decided you don't like authority either.

The point is simple; wearing those shirts created a situation where violence was likely. They needed to be removed from the equation. They may not have been in the wrong themselves - these tools seem to have been, but that's beside the point - but the risk to lives and property involved removing them from the violent situation.

There is such a thing as protective custody, you know.

Put an end to it all and bring in school uniforms.

Also, I understand Cinco del Mayo is some Mexican celebration but why would another student wearing the stars and stripes troll you so much? It kinda betrays an arrogant chauvinism; "this is OUR day, no American flags!".

We get it, you don't like immigrants, and since the Golden Dawn is being rounded up right now you've decided you don't like authority either.

The point is simple; wearing those shirts created a situation where violence was likely. They needed to be removed from the equation. They may not have been in the wrong themselves - these tools seem to have been, but that's beside the point - but the risk to lives and property involved removing them from the violent situation.

There is such a thing as protective custody, you know.

Lord Baal i wrongly gave you the benefit of the doubt up to now. I hope you won't hurt your head again on your falls to your house's toilet, but i won't get to read about it again anyway. ;)

Spoiler :
Case in point; my head is bandaged today. Why? Because my daughter threw a shirt at my feet when I was walking in the bathroom, managing to throw it in such a way that my feet became caught in it and I fell head-first into the corner of the toilet bowl. I don't know how I didn't lose consciousness. My daughter then clapped, proclaiming; "I got you, Dad." She then ran off and brought me her toy doctor kit, because "head ouch. You need be more careful. You silly."

on a scale that justifies my earlier question about them hating America or not.
It really doesn't you know.

Maybe you should explain your train of thought. Please focus on how that scale dismisses the immensely more obvious motivation we've been talking about.

On Saint Patrick Day, they better also ban the American Flag! On the July 4th they should send home anyone not wearing a American Flag.

And I can get sillier.

I see no problem with wearing a Mexican Flag to school on the 4th of July. The problem occurs that there is no school on that Day. Perhaps they should just close school on Cinco de Mayo and it would solve every one's issues.

Maybe they should do away with all appeals.

I see no problem with wearing a Mexican Flag to school on the 4th of July. The problem occurs that there is no school on that Day. Perhaps they should just close school on Cinco de Mayo and it would solve every one's issues.

So you agree that on Saint Patrick Day, they should ban the American Flag.

You missed the joke. If you watched Froma's video, one of the students says "We don't wear the Mexican Flag on the 4th of July".

Are people attempting to troll the Irish on St. Patrick's day?

Should we also ban the 19th Amendment if people are trolling with it?

If we get to this point, then we are saying the school can ban anything using the clause "student safety". Gee where have we heard that one before.

Men should still be able to vote, even if we troll with it from time to time.

What amendment covers the right to wear a particular shirt?

I don't see any joke in a 3 year appeals process. When it comes to St. Patrick's Day it is more a Christian holiday, than an Irish Independence Day. I am not totally sure the Irish minority in the district would be as offended as the Mexican minority. The strength of the American Flag should be just as strong on Cinco de Mayo, since the occasion also signifies the North's ability to win the civil war and not brake up the Union. Perhaps every one should just cool down and be Americans instead of getting all bent out of shape over perceived misconceptions.

I thought St Patrick's Day was a day for getting blind drunk. Preferably getting into a bit of fight as well. Fights between very drunk people are highly amusing.

Are you two being deliberately obtuse? Them wearing the shirts was creating a situation where violence was likely. Therefore, the AP requested that they leave or remove their shirts to defuse the situation. If a police officer asks me to go back inside a bar when there are two people outside it threatening to attack me, I may not be doing anything wrong, but the police still have a duty of care to keep me from getting stabbed. This is the exact same situation.

The AP should have sent anyone home that he felt might be incited to violence over the t-shirts. It's those people, the ones who would get offended by seeing the American flag in America, that would be the problem. Assuming, of course, that the students wearing the shirts in question were not doing anything else besides wearing the shirts. Nobody has said they were, though I've asked many times.

The AP should have sent anyone home that he felt might be incited to violence over the t-shirts. It's those people, the ones who would get offended by seeing the American flag in America, that would be the problem. Assuming, of course, that the students wearing the shirts in question were not doing anything else besides wearing the shirts. Nobody has said they were, though I've asked many times.

It's assumed the kids wearing the American flag are the bad guys.

It's assumed the kids wearing the American are the bad guys.
You mean it's "assumed" the xenophobic bigots were? How is that even questionable regardless of who or what they were wearing?

Top Bottom