Federal Appeals Court Upholds 'Under God' in Pledge...

Ah, but you can disprove the Tooth Fairy and Santa. The presents under your tree were bought by your parents, and you could trace this most likely. The Tooth Fairy can be proven to just be your parents as well. I doubt God can be proven to just be your parents...

Scientology, umm... I consider them batcrap insane, but hey, whatever makes them feel warm and fuzzy inside... :dunno:

Wonder what profanity that could be. :p

Ah, yes, I am dogmatic, for I am a spiritual individual. :) Buuuut, you see, I never proclaimed to follow a 100% life of science like some atheists do, and they were the ones I was railing against. ;)

I was being 100% serious.

All atheists I've seen or heard have asserted that, and that's my understanding of the term.

I would label those people as "agnostics."

My use of the term is as follows:

Atheism - Outright rejection of God. The opposite of outright acceptance of God.
Agnosticism - The "scientific" religion, if you will. Like science, agnosticism is ever willing to change as new theories are made and old ones are debunked.

You certainly cannot disprove Santa nor the Tooth Fairy. Santa Claus does in fact exist, and does deliver presents. However, the presents are not physical, presents are metaphorical for happiness associated with Christmas. Those that are sad have been naughty, and the coal they receive is that sadness.

Yes, I'm getting sleepy as I've been up for quite awhile, so that line was a bit fuzzy.

Gnostic = gods are knowable
Agnostic = gods aren't knowable

They're a different axis from theist/atheist.

Federal Appeals Court Upholds 'Under God' in Pledge...
More govt. incompetency, what else is new?

Looks like a win for the good guys and the constitution!!
This country was founded on religious freedom.

Anywayz, hate to break it to you but forcing children to repeat platitudes about God doesn't necessarily make them believers anymore than learning the Lord's Prayer at four years old made me a Christian today.

Yes, our nation's strength derives from the fact that it's undergodded by the pledge! :lol:

everybody is knocking on texas which is fine. Here is something that will get your bleeding heart pumping.

1 out of 5 people in chicago live below the poverty level. Which is worse than texas. Makes you wonder what the dear leader was putting in the text books in chicago.

Wrestle with those fact all you mighty enlightened chosen ones.

and here's another fun fact. Let's be more accurate since comparing a city to a state is well...to put it mildly...dumb. Illinois is 29th in poverty at 12% texas is 8th...at 16%

so...chew on that and spin it in some way please.

lmao .

Another step backwards for america due to fundamentalist ******s

All atheists I've seen or heard have asserted that, and that's my understanding of the term.
You've not been paying attention.
I would label those people as "agnostics."
Me too.

An agnostic atheist.
My use of the term is as follows:

Atheism - Outright rejection of God. The opposite of outright acceptance of God.
Your use of the term is wrong.

Another step backwards for america due to fundamentalist ******s

I recited the Lords Prayer every day for 2/3s of my overral schooling.

You trendy anti-americans are lame.

I recited the Lords Prayer every day for 2/3s of my overral schooling.

You trendy anti-americans are lame.
Out of interest, did you attend a Church of England school, or are state schools simply more Christianised than I had been lead to believe? I attended Catholic school myself, so prayer was part of the package.

Out of interest, did you attend a Church of England school, or are state schools simply more Christianised than I had been lead to believe? I attended Catholic school myself, so prayer was part of the package.

State schools are more Christianised then you had believed. :)

My two schools both were linked to Churchs and we sometimes had services. 100% state run. Sang a lot of hymns.

I guess they thought services were more important than spelling.

Mmkay.

Whatever.

Top Bottom