1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Changes not documented (or obvious) in patch notes

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Krajzen, Feb 14, 2019.

1. iammaxhailme

iammaxhailme Emperor

I'm not sure this is new, I think you could do that with Crater Lake before.

I do know that Huey Teocalli does in fact effect Crater Lake, Dead Sea, and Lake Retba... but Lady of the Reeds and Marshes doesn't effect Pantanal. Lame!

Myomoto likes this.
  2. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

So can you canal to Natural Wonder lakes?

Leyrann, nzcamel and Julia97 like this.
  3. iammaxhailme

iammaxhailme Emperor

Haven't tried yet, but if they have movement, I assume so.

4. iammaxhailme

iammaxhailme Emperor

Aqueduct now prevents food loss from drought, so maybe there's a good reason to make one even if your city has fresh water but is prone to droughts, like a desert city next to an oasis?

5. WillowBrook

WillowBrook Lurker

I seem to recall that was a thing in an earlier version of Civ. I want to say it lasted ten turns and then you were at war again unless you signed a peace treaty.

craney1987 and Myomoto like this.
  6. Daigotsu Max

Daigotsu Max Chieftain

It's not just alcazar - monasteries and colossal heads have been modified as well.

- Monasteries: +2 Faith, +1 Faith per adjacent building. +1 housing, additional housing when colonialism is researched. +15hp healing to religious units which have not attacked this turn.
    - Colossal Head: +2 faith, +1 Faith for every 2 adjacent rainforest or wood, or every 1 adjacent rainforest or wood once humanism is researched. Tourism from faith bonus once Flight is researched.

As someone who loves UI but always thought Alcazars and Monasteries were rarely worth the effort, I'm delighted.

Siptah, nzcamel, Babri and 11 others like this.
  7. sonicmyst

sonicmyst Emperor

Lake Retba and Dead Sea are no longer sources of fresh water.

CPWimmer, nzcamel and Myomoto like this.
  8. WillowBrook

WillowBrook Lurker

I think they improved the UI for boats - the blue line showing where the boat can go with its current movement points now includes tiles on the other side of embarked units of other civs. It used to look like the embarked unit was blocking movement of your ship.

nzcamel likes this.
  9. steveg700

steveg700 Deity

The AI asks me about my units around his border.

There is no longer an option to ignore. I must either delcare (on his turn, so he gets first strike, and I wind up declaring a surprise war), or I have to say my troops were "merely passing by", so I'm set up to generate a grievance if I do declare war.

MEANWHILE,

I have to spend diplomatic favor to ask for a promise, such as "please stop forward settling".

Hmm....Advantage, AI.

Cymsdale, Myomoto and Banazir864 like this.
  10. Grotius

Grotius Prince

One undocumented feature is a doozy: by default, mountain and desert names are turned off! I encourage everyone to turn them on. They add so much!

Leyrann, mitsho, nzcamel and 4 others like this.
  11. TheMarshmallowBear

TheMarshmallowBear Benelovent Chieftain of the BearKingdom

Did they remove the -18 diplo penalty for "you own a city we have"?

12. Monthar

Monthar Emperor

In the last several games I started I've noticed the turn after wiping out a barb camp an new one spawns in a nearby fogged tile every time. I don't know if this is part of having disasters set to 4 or what.

Edit: This is on Prince, King and Emperor. I didn't check the other difficulty settings.

13. oedali

oedali King

I think an x number of barb camps are programmed to be on the map at all times. And they only spawn in places where there are x number of unoccupied tiles, which is why they tend to spawn in similar spots especially as the game progresses and the map starts getting filled up

Myomoto and Elhoim like this.
  14. DWilson

DWilson Where am I? What turn is it?

Does this count: as Canada, since you cannot declare a surprise war, it seems the AI won't necessarily ask about units on borders. At least Germany didn't when my warrior and archer army showed up at the borders and camped while we waited for 5 turns after a denouncement (that I forgot I needed).

15. Cerilis

Cerilis Not Warlord

Dead sea is one in my game...? :confused:

Edit: nevermind I checked again and it's sea water bonus... kinda hard to see the difference on the settler lense now...

Last edited: Feb 15, 2019
    Seek likes this.
  16. Canadian Bluebeer

Canadian Bluebeer Prince

Played a bit as Germany, yes barb camps everywhere.

As Canada, not a single barb at ALL on my continent. The other continent had a bunch.

Also saw the only option for troops was just passing by, no ignore, nothing. You can just escape out though, which still counts as 'just passing by'.
    Barb boats appear to do full damage, even if they only have 1 hp left.
    IZ/hansa bonus nerfed. used to get bonus for sea resources, not any more. Only mines. (this really hurts)
    stone by itself doesn't appear to count either. Have to drop some quarries in.
    Capture a city with a worker/settler in it, you don't get the unit. :(

"megacollossal eruption" heh.

17. leandrombraz

leandrombraz King

Does the -18 "you occupy one of our cities" penalty still exist? Did anyone test that?

18. Trav'ling Canuck

Trav'ling Canuck Deity

The dev team does seem to prefer to push total war. See the accompanying tweak about no longer carving out tiles from a city before you return it. And the boost to ravaging the entire countryside before you take the city centre. At least they've been consistent in their blood frenzy. :)

19. Deadly Dog

Deadly Dog Chieftain

The Cree CUA Favorable Terms seems to have changed. Internal trade route no longer generates extra food for camps/pastures in the originating city. However a trade route from capital to a CS with a pasture is generating one food for the capital. If this seems like a bug or isn't happening to someone else I can try to figure out how to post a sceenshot later. This is with GS installed, not just the patch.

I usually don't post but have been reading a lot lately to learn as much as possible for GS, which I hope to get going at with a new civ and a long session soon. Thanks to all the dedicated posters who have added to my gameplay with their knowledge.

Meluhhan likes this.
  20. criZp

criZp Emperor

Georgian unique walls also add +200 HP to the city. Renaissance walls only add +100 (used to be +50 but has been buffed in GS)