1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Changes not documented (or obvious) in patch notes

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Krajzen, Feb 14, 2019.

1. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

I think this shows a fundamental disconnect between the devs and players.

The players don't see a need to build even the second level of walls because the first level is satisfactory for defense throughout the game. Why the hell would making the unique third level wall even more effective make a bit of difference?

Siptah, Our_DeCay, oedali and 8 others like this.
  2. criZp

criZp Emperor

I always build medieval walls because ancient walls look so ugly, but I agree. A city with ancient walls is rarely lost to the AI, and the medieval walls are quite expensive to make.

3. Sagax

Sagax Emperor

And now they have buffed Ancient Walls even more by giving it 100HP. Instead of just nerfing the Battering Ram.

TheMeInTeam, Kjimmet, Icicle and 2 others like this.
  4. Alexadamz

Alexadamz Warlord

Georgian Unique Walls should be one layer only and buildable from engineering or something - so after regular ancient walls at Masonry. It would make harder to get there, but it would be way better. Or they could make it the same as Ancient walls, a little stronger, and get more add ons after the techs which unlocks medieval and renaissance walls, like the add-ons they gave to the GDR. A Tsikhe with base 150 HP, getting +100 points from Castles tech, and +150 points from Siege Tactics tech. It would be way better that way.

God of Kings, 679x and Icicle like this.
  5. UWHabs

UWHabs Deity

I think it's always been like that. The bonus goes to the originating city, but it's based on pastures in the destination city (as opposed to the Inca bonus, which is for mountains in the origin city).

6. acluewithout

acluewithout Deity

Based on the FXS streams, I think FXS’s testers or designers or whatever do play the game quite differently to players on this forum. I also think you can see that in the game’s design - it has various elements that seem built for particular strategies that, well, no one here uses.

TheMeInTeam, Siptah, Equilin and 6 others like this.
  7. Trav'ling Canuck

Trav'ling Canuck Deity

I would be interested to know what the motivation was to buff ancient walls, and walls in general. If it was "players are reporting that attacking the AI is too easy", it's the wrong solution, but at least a reasonable topic for them to address. I'm not sure that is what's behind it, though. Other possible motivations might be:
    • it's intended as a way to improve the survival of city states at higher difficulty levels
    • it's intended to reduce AI snowballing by making other AI cities harder to take

nzcamel and kryat like this.
  8. iammaxhailme

iammaxhailme Emperor

Yeah... in both of my games as Georgia I only ever built one or two of them in my large empire becuase it just takes so many turns to build all 3 levels of wall. "Can built without needing Ancient or Medievil walls" would be a huge improvement.

Siptah, Equilin, Our_DeCay and 4 others like this.
  9. Deadly Dog

Deadly Dog Chieftain

Indeed, which is why I expected my trade route back to my capital (with a camp and a pasture) to produce 2 extra food. No longer. NotSoFav Terms.jpg

Sorry, did I attach this screenshot correctly?

10. Jaybe

Jaybe civus fanaticus Supporter

If battering rams & siege towers were only effective with ancient walls, but had ZERO effect if medieval walls were present, that would work. As it stands, I just have to refrain from building rams/towers and walls get built only for the esthetics (i.e. tourism later in the game).

Icicle and Trav'ling Canuck like this.
  11. Atlas627

Atlas627 Deity

I think Immortal difficulty AI is getting 2 starting settlers. Is this new? I always played Immortal because I hated the 2 settlers of Deity...

12. Trav'ling Canuck

Trav'ling Canuck Deity

Not new. Immortal gets 2, Deity gets 3. Consistent since very early in Civ 6.

nzcamel likes this.
  13. 679x

679x Warlord

The Skyscrapers policy card now gives +15% Production toward all wonders from any era, as opposed to merely for wonders from Industrial era and beyond.

14. DWilson

DWilson Where am I? What turn is it?

All wonder cards are supposed to include previous eras now.

nzcamel likes this.
  15. Aristos

Aristos Lightseeker

Did you know that they really don't get the 3 settlers from scratch? They get one at start, and then 1 more for each new district (including city center)... which translates to --> setller 1 settles --> get Settler 2 --> setller 2 moves until it settles --> gets settler 3 --> settler 3 moves until it settles.

So, technically, not 3 settlers from turn 0, but a little delayed...

16. DWilson

DWilson Where am I? What turn is it?

I did not know this, but I think it's a cool staggering

nzcamel likes this.
  17. Trav'ling Canuck

Trav'ling Canuck Deity

Yes, I did know that, I even considered explaining more fully, then went with the shorter response. :D

Noble Zarkon likes this.
  18. God of Kings

God of Kings Ruler of all heads of state

Yes, you did.

Deadly Dog likes this.
  19. SupremacyKing2

SupremacyKing2 Deity

I just noticed that the game says how many turns until a culture victory now in the culture victory screen under your tourism.

20. WillowBrook

WillowBrook Lurker

The game seems to remember where in the list of possible builds you were so you don't have to scroll from the top every time. Is this new?

Kjimmet, nzcamel, Atlas627 and 2 others like this.