1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

China teen seen as hero for killing local official

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Aleenik, Jan 21, 2010.

1. Aleenik

Aleenik Deity

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100121/ap_on_bi_ge/as_china_killer_hero

What do you think should happen to this teen? Do you think he was justified in doing what he did?
    On one hand yes he did commit a murder on the other hand the guy who was murdered was an official that not many of the local people seemed to like because of what he did.

Murder is murder though I'd have to say.

2. Narz

Narz keeping it real

People are seen as heroes for killing other people all the time.

3. Godwynn

Godwynn March to the Sea

i think its ok to merder people if alot of people dont leik them

4. JollyRoger

JollyRoger Slippin' Jimmy Supporter

If local officials can war with teens unimpeded, I don't see why it shouldn't work the other way around. Couldn't he have just tazed the guy in the head though?

5. Aleenik

Aleenik Deity

True, but I mean more as this is an official who apparently wasn't the nicest guy around. People couldn't do anything about him I guess, so they resorted to having him murdered.

I think murder is murder though... but it makes me think when it's a case like this.

6. Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf Deity

The fact that he was a paid assassin tips me over the edge. Being such is incompatible with nobility of motive. If it was the 35-year-old farmer himself who'd done the deed, I'd have much more sympathy.

7. Aleenik

Aleenik Deity

I'm assuming a lot of people probably did want to kill him, but where too afraid or weak.

8. CaptainF

CaptainF The Professional Poster

It was a farmer that paid the kid to do the deed. He wasn't hired by the mob or anything.

It seems this poor corrupt communist had lost the mandate of heaven.:mischief:

9. Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf Deity

As I said, if his murderer had been a direct victim of his, not a hired assassin paid by one of his victims, I'd have felt much more sympathy.

10. Aleenik

Aleenik Deity

Ya, but I mean there are others who wanted him dead too I think. Or at least removed from office. Those who wanted to kill him may have just been too afraid or weak to kill him though. So one farmer who had an issue with the official decided to hire the boy who may or may not have had issues with the official himself.

11. Cynovolans

Cynovolans Not in my dimension.

I don't see how this murder could actually be justified. The guy was corrupt, stole land, and payed thugs to harass those that resisted him, but paying a teenager to kill him is not how you should deal with it.

The old farmer man that payed the killer is the most at fault here, at least I think he is. He may have just wanted to protect his wife and family, but he's killed two people now, and I don't think things will get better for his family. He payed a kid to kill a man, a man who had a family that loved him, and a kid who will now live a short life thanks to the old farmer.

It probably would've been best for his family if he just backed down. It may make someone feel weak but it is certainly better than putting your family at risk, and ruining the lives of other people.

12. Aleenik

Aleenik Deity

I wonder, can local Chinese officials be voted out of office by the people? Do people vote on who is gonna be the local official?

13. Greizer85

Greizer85 Emperor

I'd say he's both a hero and a bad guy. That's what anti-hero means, right? Good things can result from evil actions. It would be ironic if the murdered official was replaced with an even more corrupt bastard though. :p

14. bhsup

bhsup Deity

They should have contacted the good people of Skidmore, MO to do the deed. They know how to keep a secret.

The murder is unacceptable of course. The citizens should have reported his corruption to higher levels. It's my understanding that the good people of the Politburo of the PRC like to make examples of corrupt officials.

15. Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf Deity

Only of some corrupt officials.

16. JohnRM

JohnRM Don't make me destroy you

He was a hired assassin. He murdered someone for money. People like that ought to be executed.

17. JollyRoger

JollyRoger Slippin' Jimmy Supporter

Do we pay the executioner money to off him?

18. Kozmos

Kozmos Jew Detective

What a coincidence. I was just playing Hitman: Contracts not 20 minutes ago. GG Zhang.

19. SS-18 ICBM

SS-18 ICBM Oscillator

Chaotic Good?

20. Narz

Narz keeping it real

:lol: I hope that meant to be ironic. If not, I suppose it's even funnier.