Civ3 1.29f Bugs Report Thread

Originally posted by starlifter
@Becka: You will like this then... you've probably seen the "NT" acronym before. It means "New Technology", and MS gave that title to their newly written Operating System about 10 years ago (Windows NT, which was renamed Windows2000, then Windows XP, and will be renamed again in about 2004/5). Knowing what the acronym is, here is what MS oftens says at their official sites & in literature (keep in mind they are only the richest corporation in the world):

"NT Technology"

Which of course is "New Technology Technology" :lol:

Too bad a double dose of technology, NT^2 (NT squared), is not able to trap application errors better, such as those generated by Civ 3 at times.

:)

I always thought that "NT" stood for "Not Tested"... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Someone please tell what these things mean:

1. Culturally linked start locations.
2. Respawn AI players.
3. Preserve random seed.
4. Accelerated production.

Thanks.

XOVER:
Starting positions should mean that civs started where they actually did... England in England, Japan in Japan etc.
Respawn: In original game if you killed off a civ they "respawned" somewhere else and you had to kill them off twice.
Random seed should mean that if something where to happen on your turn and you reloaded it should happen again .. compare it to a dice throw.. throw a three and you did not like the result it should happen again.
Accelerated production... I have not tried this but it probably means either a later start then 4000 BC with extra towns/units or faster production of units etc.

I will probably be corrected by someone if (because) I'm wrong.
I ignore all those choices except respawn. If you're dead you should remain dead.:egypt:

Originally posted by XOVER
Someone please tell what these things mean:

1. Culturally linked start locations.
2. Respawn AI players.
3. Preserve random seed.
4. Accelerated production.

Thanks.

1. Culturally linked civs start near each other: For example; Aztecs would start near the Americans and Iroquois; England near France, etc.

4. Accelerated Production halves production costs. It speeds up building stuff.

I was fighting the English and i tried to get the zulus on my side before the british could get em' on they're side...
...But there was no option of MPP's or MA's...
...1 turn later there is a note that the british have signed a MPP with the Zulus, and they started a war with me... :(

Originally posted by robehans
I was fighting the English and i tried to get the zulus on my side before the british could get em' on they're side...
...1 turn later there is a note that the british have signed a MPP with the Zulus, and they started a war with me... :(

I assume you have an embassy in their capital?

..and Writing (for MA's) and Nationalism (for MPP's)?

Originally posted by robehans

You must research nationalism before you have the option of doing packs with any civ other then "right of passage". English must have got to it first. :)

Workers do not show thier nationality in the diplomacy screen. For example... i am russia... i have an american worker in my capitol... it will say Worker (Russia).

The Civilipedia says the Colossus is expansionist & religious. It is marked in the editor as commercial also, for 3 traits. I got an unwanted GA in my present game because of this and checked it in the editor.

Originally posted by watorrey
The Civilipedia says the Colossus is expansionist & religious. It is marked in the editor as commercial also, for 3 traits. I got an unwanted GA in my present game because of this and checked it in the editor.

Is that a problem with the Civlopedia? The commercial trait makes sense given the benefits it provides.

I believe the Colossus is the only wonder that has 3 traits checked in the editor. The civilopedia does not list all three, only expansionist and religious. It is an error in the bic file or the civilopedia or both.

I believe that, historically, commercial and religious make the most sense if it is to be limited to just 2 traits.

This can screw up strategy if not knowing this info. I was playing India and planning on a medievil GA via war elephants. Imagine my suprise when the first wonder i build gives me a despotic GA with only a handfull of cities.

I loaded the NOW scenario, and then when I went to play an ordinary game, America was still listed as being led by George Bush and in the game it didn't have any civ-specific abilities (the option for them was checked). I haven't tried this with other scenarios yet.

Marc

I don't know if this has been said before, but is there a good savegame editor out for the latest patch: 1.29f. I'm doing a WWII scenario and I want an editor where...

I can set the starting and ending year

Where I can set the speed of turns and possible make a turn last a month, like on the WWII scenario for Civ2

Where I can reveal the whole map

Where I can allow contact with everyone

Where I can set the pacts and aggression stances of the different Civs.

As you can not do any of this in the editor (as it is pretty useless), I will have to create a different Save Game for playing as each Civ, but I don't mind this. But, if you can get a BIC editor, then that would be ace!

If you have any info, or can help, or at least say "that's bloody impossible!", then I would be greatful. All the editors I've found are very old and I've heard a lot of compatibility problems with this patch; this post is my last resort

Thanks

Edwardogal

As of now, some things are possible, some aren't.

With Grapmhos' Multitool, these things are possible:

Originally posted by edwardogal
I don't know if this has been said before, but is there a good savegame editor out for the latest patch: 1.29f. I'm doing a WWII scenario and I want an editor where...

I can set the starting and ending year

possible.

Where I can set the speed of turns and possible make a turn last a month, like on the WWII scenario for Civ2

Civ3 doesn't allow such a possibility

Where I can reveal the whole map

possible

Where I can allow contact with everyone

Not sure

Where I can set the pacts and aggression stances of the different Civs.

not possible with any editor I know of0

As you can not do any of this in the editor (as it is pretty useless), I will have to create a different Save Game for playing as each Civ, but I don't mind this. But, if you can get a BIC editor, then that would be ace!

If you have any info, or can help, or at least say "that's bloody impossible!", then I would be greatful. All the editors I've found are very old and I've heard a lot of compatibility problems with this patch; this post is my last resort

Thanks

Edwardogal

You're welcome.

Thanks for that info :), but do u know a program that can make the possible things work under 1.29f? :crazyeye:

The reveal whole map and the starting/ending years will be useful changes for my scenario/mod, though the fact that you can't set the diplomatic stances is a real let down. [punch] But, Could you open the save game as one Civ, set who you are at war/peace with in the game, save it, then use a savegame editor to change the human player to another Civ and do the same thing again.

E.G.

Start game as Germany
Ally with Italy and Japan
Declare war on Britain and France
Save Game
Open Savegame in somesort of editor and change the human controlled player to France.
Open Game
As France, Ally with Britain against Germany and Italy.

[dance]

Is this possible? If not, then how can you make a realistic WWII scenario? :aargh3: Is there any other ways to change diplomatic stances when making mods?

Also, I really need a list of programs that can change the starting/ending years, reveal the map and do the above (allow you to change human controlled Civ). I've found a few programs on the forums, yet they only work up to obsolite patches.

Any comments?

Thanks, Multi-tool is pretty good. The map revealer works and so does the starting/eding years, yet there isn't much use for the latter as you can't change the incriments between the turns. So if you start a game in 1939, the next turn will be 1989!. No diplomacy really ****** me off as well. Will the Civ designers ever bring out a good editor?

I think it's a cheek that they are asking for users work to be included in PTW, when they haven't given us the means to create anything good.

:ar15: :cry:
Me.... Shooting.... whoever created the Civ editor.

P.S. Why the hell is their a section on Civ3.com that gives you a beheind the scenes look at how the edior was made! Why would anyone want to look at that!

hello
i have a real proplem.
One city in my game do not produce.!!!Without any reasen i can understand. I wait for a worker in Koenigsberg. So it will go 1 turn. Next Turn .No worker. I look at Koenigsberg : Worker 1 Turn.
I look to the auto safes and see this city produce not for several
Turns. What can I do ???
This city grow but not produce.
Thanks for any help.

Originally posted by go weissen
hello
i have a real proplem.
One city in my game do not produce.!!!Without any reasen i can understand. I wait for a worker in Koenigsberg. So it will go 1 turn. Next Turn .No worker. I look at Koenigsberg : Worker 1 Turn.
I look to the auto safes and see this city produce not for several
Turns. What can I do ???
This city grow but not produce.
Thanks for any help.

What is the population of the city? Is your government currently in a state of anarchy? How many shields are your citizens producing? If it's not something like that causing the problem, then you might try posting a save game to see if others can reproduce it.

Top Bottom