Civ5 Confirmed Features and Versions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mercade well those guys defently need happiness sources build temples get more resources to solve happy problems. Heck create a puppet state if you have to.:lol:

Watching the video I just noticed that the guy seems to be more than happy when he tells us about the existence of "PANZER!" in the game (0min22s). Germans.

that video has sold me on the game (already pre ordered it, but now i don't have any concerns)
That was a great preview Mercade, thanks for the link :goodjob:
My thoughts exactly, Bite, and you're most welcome, Guardian PL. I think it's a great video and you can hear the guy is really enthusiastic about the game. I'm waiting for the game to come out, myself. Got some coupons for bol.com and I don't think I'll have much time end of September, so maybe the price will drop post release.

Mercade well at least we will lose some of that ansiety when the demo comes out which may be soon;)

sadsquid said:
Just a quick question. Is quick combat in civ 5? I use it in civ 4, but haven't seen it in any footage from civ 5 yet.
In Custom Game, i see "Quick Battle".

Well that's interesting, and it implies some sort of ready made deathmatch type mode (where you basically start a game with two armies opposing each other, but that might not be the case)

But sadquid was referring to the option of disabling combat animations, which is in the game, i saw it in a screenshot i think.

Another nice video from the Italian site Multiplayer.it. It's in Italian, but has nice gameplay footage (just skip the 1st minute of bla bla). There are a few graphical glitches in this version, but that shouldn't deter us.

It teaches us the following:

Mathematics - Unlocks catapult and courthouse
Engineering - Unlocks lumbermills and forts
Market - +25% Gold output (no maintenance)
Great Wall - +1 culture, +1 Great Engineer, Enemy Land Units must expend 1 extra movement per tile inside your territory.
Hanging Gardens - +1 culture, +1 Great Artist, +3 Happiness, +1 Population in all Cities

Oh, and in another screenshot it's been confirmed that Open Borders can be single sided now.

Great Wall is BADASS then :thumbsup:

:woohoo: Omg what a game, can't wait for the release :lol:

new update

I'll play as the Romans first... maybe the Greeks and Ottomans will follow shortly.

I don't think so this time round

Well that's interesting, and it implies some sort of ready made deathmatch type mode (where you basically start a game with two armies opposing each other, but that might not be the case)

But sadquid was referring to the option of disabling combat animations, which is in the game, i saw it in a screenshot i think.

Oh, yes, that's what I meant and thanks for the confirmation.

Does anybody know if we still only need 1 of each resource to be able to provide your whole Empire with it?

It's quite ridiculous how a single source of oil can supply a whole nation. It would be interesting if we could invade middle eastern-like countries because they have lots and lots of oil that we need for our tanks, cars and power plants, for example.

Does anybody know if we still only need 1 of each resource to be able to provide your whole Empire with it?

It's quite ridiculous how a single source of oil can supply a whole nation. It would be interesting if we could invade middle eastern-like countries because they have lots and lots of oil that we need for our tanks, cars and power plants, for example.

The source is merely representative: I'd surely translate it into more than one basin in real world.

When it comes to U.S. American way to gather world's anger, every source could be eventually depleted in previous Civilization games, leading to resource wars. It may still be present in Civ 5.

No, I'm pretty sure that you now need one source of a resource for each unit that requires that resource, IIRC. So if you have 3 tank units they would need 3 sources of oil. Otherwise the latter part of Arabia's Special Ability wouldn't be that good.

No, I'm pretty sure that you now need one source of a resource for each unit that requires that resource, IIRC. So if you have 3 tank units they would need 3 sources of oil. Otherwise the latter part of Arabia's Special Ability wouldn't be that good.

Keen observation, but the change doesn't please me at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom