1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[NFP] Civilization VI: New Frontier Pass Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Eagle Pursuit, May 11, 2020.

1. SaiH

SaiH Warlord

I like the -5 favor/turn penalty for occupied capitals. It is a good solution gameplay-wise. In my first Maya-game, taking one capital in the early era didn't prevent me from achieving a DV, though.

The endgame ist still not optimal. I did see a lot of spaceports and even aerodromes but no aircraft. AI is more focused on building GDRs although there is never enough uranium to power all of them.
    Spoiler :

Attached Files:

Uberfrog likes this.
  2. Uberfrog

Uberfrog Deity

I like it too. One conquest is not going to hold you back long-term if you can secure enough suzerainty, but it effectively nerfs your influence in the early eras.

Meluhhan likes this.
  3. SaiH

SaiH Warlord

That is true, it is hard to accumulate favor in early eras but I have noticed that the AI seems more willing to sell favor for a reasonable price.
    Also I'd lilke to add that this penalty seemed a bit hard for me in the beginning as it stays the same for the whole game without decay wheras there is no such penalty when you erase a Civ from the map except its capital (but there are diplo modifers and grievances instead). When you see it from a gameplay perspective, it makes absolutely sense, although there could e.g. also be a minus 3 DV-points penalty for each conquered capital and minus 1 DV-point for each conquered city state.

4. Pietato

Pietato Emperor

Where can I see the abilities of the new Catherine and Teddy?

5. AntSou

AntSou Emperor

https://civilization.com/news/entri...frontier-pass-first-dlc-launches-may-21-2020/

We don't know the details yet, only this:

“Rough Rider Teddy” excels at keeping the peace on his home continent, and “Magnificence Catherine” can use Luxuries to overwhelm the world with Culture and Tourism. Each Persona Pack contains a brand-new take on a favorite leader, with a new leader model and background, new gameplay bonuses, and an updated agenda that reflect the changes to the leader’s personality.

Hawke9, Pietato and Kmart_Elvis like this.
  6. Socrates-

Socrates- Chieftain

Still curious how new Teddy will differ from the current one when reading this profile..

New Catherine sounds interesting though..

Maybe both personalities were on the shortlist for the initial leader design and are now fully fletched out for this bonus material.

7. OmegaDestroyer

OmegaDestroyer King

Has anyone noticed the AI using Recruit Partisans in Apocalypse mode? Of the two I have played, the AI didn't bother. I plan to test it more extensively with Kongo.

8. WillowBrook

WillowBrook Lurker

I haven't played apocalypse mode, but I continued a game I'd started before the patch. Before the patch I was the victim of several recruit partisans missions but none after the patch despite building several more neighborhoods and not defending any with spies. Perhaps they rebalance priorities? They seemed to all go to my most lucrative commercial hub.

9. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Deity

I haven't played Apocalypse mode yet, so I'm referring to the regular game. My first game I had none. My 2nd game which is going on a long time since I'm trying to recruit lots of the Colombian generals for the achievement, I've had one recruit partisans (though 4 units were created) so far. Mostly they like the operation to remove governor or siphon gold.

10. luigilime

luigilime Prince

Every single game i've played with new frontier had the AI recruiting partisans in my cities. I had to cover my empire with spies to avoid having more. But it happened every single game, apocalypse mode or normal mode.

11. Pfeffersack

Pfeffersack Deity

I had remove governor and tech stealing in one game since NFP.

Including older games, I have seen everything from the AI expect for damaging dams, stealing great works and inspiring disloyalty.

12. RohirrimElf

RohirrimElf Emperor

envoys can really score you a high amount of gold on the green social policy cards when they stick in the game. +1 gold for each envoy. It could rival 2 or 3 commerce districts just with one social policy card. If envoy progression would be nerfed for warmongers this has the right balancing effect for runaway civs.

13. Elhoim

Elhoim Iron Tower Studio Dev

Minimum wage is 16875 pesos. The average is about 30000. The pack is 2559 + a 30% tax for buying digital goods (sending dollars abroad), so 3326. 20% of a minimum wage, or 10% of the average one.

14. Grand-Admiral Thrawn

Grand-Admiral Thrawn Chieftain

That’s insane! Not adjusting the price will probably make 2K loose profit

Meluhhan and Elhoim like this.
  15. leandrombraz

leandrombraz Emperor

I bought it because I'm dumb and because I'm REALLY into Civ, to the point I don't want to miss out. Anyone who isn't that much into Civ wouldn't even consider buying it here in Brazil. R$229 is a bad joke, most people will laugh and move on. Only hardcore fans that can't control themselves, like me, will buy this thing, and even them might find the good sense of not buying it. The price they are charging is offensive.

Meluhhan and Elhoim like this.
  16. Ondolindë

Ondolindë Emperor

Mac user here. Could someone show me or explain to me how do the persona packs show in-geme? Is it something like Eleanor where you see two?

17. DWilson

DWilson Where am I? What turn is it?

They will come with the second pack, Ethiopia, not with the Maya and Gran Colombia pack

Hawke9 likes this.
  18. Ondolindë

Ondolindë Emperor

That is right! Forgot about that. Thank you!

Hawke9 likes this.
  19. Duuk

Duuk Doom-Sayer Supporter

That means that the game costs 1/5th of a minimum wage hour if my math is right? So the pack would roughly translate to $2 on a comparative scale in the US. I'm not seeing the problem.

20. Kwami

Kwami Emperor

I suspect that the quoted minimum wage isn't per hour. If we're talking about Argentina, then 16,875 pesos is the monthly minimum wage. Well, the four-week minimum wage, since they get it 13 times per year. So the real monthly minimum is 18,281.25 pesos. But, that doesn't really change much. The new pass is still crazy priced.

For comparison, the $7.25 minimum wage in parts of the US gets you about $1,160 per four weeks. So, the NFP would be about 3.4% of that (or a bit more if you have a sales tax).

Last edited: May 27, 2020
    Meluhhan and Duuk like this.