[NFP] Civilization VI: New Frontier Pass Discussion Thread

I got the NFP as a birthday gift, so I am very happy. The new Civs and mode are really fun to play! What bothers me is the actual price (at least in my country): 2565 ARS the NFP VS 565 ARS the base game (same price for the expansions), is too much for a expansion released in parts for a year

1 dollar is currently equal to 0.015 Pesos. It was 0.025 Pesos not long ago.

If they sell the entire pass for about 550 Pesos, that's equivalent to 8.25 dollars or 7.5 euros.

At 0.025 Pesos it's nearly double that.

Maybe that's why they may be unwilling atm to adjust the price for Argentina and Brazil, since both are large markets yet their currencies have devalued considerably in the last months.

What's the minimum wage or average wage in Argentina, for reference?

No idea. I have only played the Maya and Gran Colombia since release. I was not in any position to flip capitals and Gran Colombia laughs at the idea of waiting to flip a capital.

Does flipping a capital count as occupied? That's what gives the negative. I'm at -20 in my Colombia game right now. It's just impossible to put more than 1 vote into anything. I'm okay with that, just takes some getting used to. I would say if flipping a capital doesn't count as occupied, you might not get the diplomatic favor hit for it.

I am happy to see that diplomatic favor starts to permanently tank when you take capitals. It makes absolute sense and effectively removes warmongers from having any meaningful impact on the world Congress.

The much bigger nerf is that warmongers now have much less GPT and bulk gold from selling those votes, which was very important for upgrades and rushbuys. I think when you're warmongering anyway investing votes isn't at all worth it compared to speeding up your conquest. In a peaceful game I might consider it, but in most games selling those votes is simply more impactful. I do agree with you that it's a needed nerf, and the implementation makes sense. Warmonger penalties were pretty weak overall.

Started a game as Maya and all the city states want to send them a trade route. Hopefully just a coincidence.

The diplomatic penalty for warmongering is pretty steep, but you can still come out ahead in the very late game between suzerainty over city-states and the bonus diplomatic favour for completing the future civic. Makes Orszaghaz of some use to warmongers.

Hi, I'm new here.

I noticed in the patch notes for the recent update, there were a number of small ai changes. I was wondering whether the naval ai changes and the aircraft ai changes have made an impact? For me, getting the existing game right seems more important than adding new modes if it means that the ai will struggle even more with systems it doesn't understand.

Well, with this update they broke Play by Cloud even more.

Now me and all my friends i play with can't see any PbC games in the list anymore.

And Play by Cloud's load game is still broken, so i i can't recover them.

I'm getting tired of this.

Does it have the same effect when you loyalty flip a capital?
I used rock bands + spies and conquered the free cities and it does.

It seems that the AI stopped hoarding envoys and is way better at getting suzerainty over city-states. This is huge for the diplomatic victory. It's harder to get suzerainty of all city-states and spies are way more important, so Catherine just got up a tier in this victory condition. Civilizations that get envoys also got better. I'm going for diplo as Gran Colombia but I wish I was playing as Georgia lol.

This can also be quite a boost for the AI, since they will get more yields and actually take advantage from CS bonuses.

The diplomatic penalty for warmongering is pretty steep, but you can still come out ahead in the very late game between suzerainty over city-states and the bonus diplomatic favour for completing the future civic. Makes Orszaghaz of some use to warmongers.

It makes sense to me, though. My game I had captured 3 AI capitals, so that combined with the grievance and warmonger penalty meant I was on -7 to -12 favor per turn despite having 10 suzerains. Much more balanced IMO where there's a legit penalty to warmonger. Although conveniently enough, I liberated a city-state or two not too far before a vote, so I could still to up to a few votes on either resolution if I particularly cared.

I like the -5 hit when capturing an enemy capital. It makes my playstyle harder when the diplo points dont get past zero. At least it rules out a diplo victory playstyle. Which is what should happen. I am hoping this will result in more future wars. But so far after annexing the whole of russia and sumeria. No events were held against me. Which is strange cause i only had 10 points to avert it diplomatically. Just 2 wars by its own cause i annoyed Hungary and Georgia. I think envoy progression should be slowed as well. As i am suzerein of all 6 city states in the game. And played like a bully. If not. Hungary would have been more treatening. Early on babylon did save me kinda by razing a city from Georgia on an early war. Diverting his heavy infantry attention.

I like the -5 hit when capturing an enemy capital. It makes my playstyle harder when the diplo points dont get past zero. At least it rules out a diplo victory playstyle. Which is what should happen. I am hoping this will result in more future wars. But so far after annexing the whole of russia and sumeria. No events were held against me. Which is strange cause i only had 10 points to avert it diplomatically. Just 2 wars by its own cause i annoyed Hungary and Georgia. I think envoy progression should be slowed as well. As i am suzerein of all 6 city states in the game. And played like a bully. If not. Hungary would have been more treatening. Early on babylon did save me kinda by razing a city from Georgia on an early war. Diverting his heavy infantry attention.

Yeah, envoy progression is another item that could use a balance pass. Once you get a little bit ahead you can really start raking in the envoys when you're getting 2-3 for those late policies, never mind obviously being in a better place to finish the envoy challenges. Makes no sense with 4-5 opponents, even if I have half the map, that I can suzerain like 10/12 civs.

. I was wondering whether the naval ai changes and the aircraft ai changes have made an impact?

On the patch notes it says they made AI to use air attacks on operations more. I havent reached modern era yet on my game so I cant confirm yet, but a poster wrote that he got properly attacked by triplanes.

Top Bottom