1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[NFP] Civilization VI: New Frontier Pass Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Eagle Pursuit, May 11, 2020.

1. Elhoim

Elhoim Iron Tower Studio Dev

No, that value is monthly, as Kwami pointed out. It would be 105 pesos per hour (around 1.50 dollars per hour).

Yeah, that's the funny thing. Last time Steam representatives came here explained the local devs how regional pricing and ease of access to different payment methods HUGELY increase sales in low income countries. We sell our game in Russia at 30% of the price and it's the 4th country in revenue.

I mean, it's alright, it's their business, they are probably extracting as much as they can with the high price from the people who can't get enough of Civ, and counting bigger sales when the pass is 50/75 off.

2. Haig

Haig Deity

Mapuche used fighters to destroy my AT crews and Infantry positioned on the border. I didnt even want a war but I was allied with Spain who Mapuche declared on so it's war now..

Anyway, this is the first time I think I'm going to research and build anti-air ! VERY happy for this change

3. Pistol

Pistol Chieftain

What do you think about amount of content in next DLC. Because in this one we had two civs, but added mechanich isnt really biggest ever. So because next one will have only one civ maybe time for sevelop other second will be used for better mechanic.

4. Duuk

Duuk Doom-Sayer Supporter

Wow. That's a MONTHLY minimum wage? Ok, that makes much more sense as to why people are angry.

Assuming a 7.25/hr 40hr/week gross is $1232.5, so by comparison that would work out to the expansion costing $221.76, which is just unreal.

Hawke9, Civrinn, Meluhhan and 5 others like this.
  5. OmegaDestroyer

OmegaDestroyer King

It will be interesting to see what the secret societies and new district will bring to the game.

6. Casworon

Casworon Prince

When about's do you think we should expect the June patch?

If it is around the same time of the month as New Frontiers release we should be looking at around 21st June. This will be a big moment for me since it will give us a precedent for how many changes we should expect from the between DLC patches.

Also NFP has only been out a week? That's crazy, in my mind it feels like weeks ago

Last edited: May 28, 2020
    Duuk likes this.
  7. tedhebert

tedhebert Emperor

WOW ! that's MAJOR ! Hope it's not a fluke. I HAVE seen a lot more airports built in my games since NFP came out, but not really any differences as far as plane usage. I have also seen the AI park Battleships in their city centers for Anti Aircraft defense, but that might just be because I had England as direct neighbor and main target of my attacks. Hope it's more widespread than just England tough

I would really be thrilled if this report became a regular occurence

8. adrifranchise

adrifranchise Chieftain

I am going to take a guess and say June 18th since that is the third Thursday which would be a month since NFP dropped. the 21st is a sunday and I cant recall any drops recently that fell during the weekend. And I agree I felt like I have had NFP for weeks now

9. Kmart_Elvis

Kmart_Elvis King

In my last game, Persia was using fighters to attack Georgia's land units.

10. Elhoim

Elhoim Iron Tower Studio Dev

Yeah, it's crazy. I mean, we are used to pay quite a bit for games, and I fully understand that the company needs to get a good return, but it's way overboard. To give an example, Doom Eternal, a $60 dollar game, costs $2150 pesos vs $2560 pesos for an expansion pass. Plus what it's strange is that in China the price is about half, and in many territories is 30% less, so it's strange why in South America their are charging the full dollar price.

Casworon likes this.
  11. Thormodr

Thormodr Servant of Civ Supporter

Would love to see the AI use more air power and anti aircraft units.

My bombers have gone unchallenged for way too long. Lol.

Last edited: May 31, 2020
    Deggial, leandrombraz and tedhebert like this.
  12. Zdarg

Zdarg Prince

With the Ark on the top.

13. GenyaArikado

GenyaArikado Judge of Love

In Venezuela it's like $2 monthly #winning

14. leandrombraz

leandrombraz Emperor

It seems that the AI is doing more alliances. At least I saw more in my games than I usually do, and Canada had all 5 alliances. I wasn't able to renew my alliance with him, because he rejected my friendship, next turn he already had an alliance with another AI. The AI also seems to be using Amani with double envoys way more often.

Overall, I felt a huge improvement to the AI, it seems better at a lot of things. It was able to keep up for longer and just be more present as an adversary. It still can't snowball and go on a conquest spree like in Civ V, but it's definitely doing better.

Haig and oSiyeza like this.
  15. oSiyeza

oSiyeza Prince

After the initial days and 2 games with the new mode. I think I’m getting more disappointed than any other thing with the first DLC.

The amount of content it is ok, but the new civs are nothing special. And the new mechanics... are awesome in concept. But they also seem to be so badly balanced, poorly integrated and insufficiently tested..., that I wonder how much effort was put in anything besides the new graphic models, music and animations.

Main problems:
    • There is no disaster progression and the global warming seems quite meaningless as a result.
    • The game being always close to the maximum disaster limit on standard map sizes (one per turn) makes the number of volcanos change in a senseless way through the game, and the mode to not be balanced to different map sizes.
    • The comets being tied to the global warming is just ridiculous.
    • All normal disasters magically disappearing in the last disaster phase is also ridiculous.
    • The new soothsayer unit and the Appease the Gods competitions are totally useless.
    • The number of aid request is totally insane, and breaks the game.
    • Instead of adding new disaster intensities, they just increased the frequency of disasters to a micromanage hell.
    • The -5DF per capital penalty, has not been balanced at all. You are penalized for loyalty flipping a capital with a permanent negative modifier. You are penalized for early game aggression in ancient eras when there are no grievances, or diplomacy effects for doing so; and the penalty is so high that taking 2-3 capitals has the same effect than taking 5 or 10.
    • They did not bother with a modern visual replacement for the soothsayer.
    Did they run out of time or they just did not cared about testing the DLC?

Just hope they keep patching the game and fix these problems.

Last edited: May 31, 2020
    GrumboMumbo and Elhoim like this.
  16. Pistol90

Pistol90 Warlord

I would like to see one small feature implemented in these future updates .... and that's some kind of loans mechanic, maybe some world congress resolution ... I think it would be pretty simple to implement, but would enable some big spikes in-game progress for sacrifice long term money.

OzzyKP likes this.
  17. steveg700

steveg700 Deity

So, I was reading patch notes, and it said something about the meteor that struck me peculiar.

It says if you explore the meteor strike area, you get a free heavy cav.

Um, what? I don't get it. Horseman of the apocalypse maybe?

18. OmegaDestroyer

OmegaDestroyer King

I don't think anyone gets it.

Hawke9 likes this.
  19. PhilBowles

PhilBowles Deity

People have been suggesting a link to meteoric iron, but that makes more sense (and not much then) for heavy infantry than for meteors depositing fresh supplies of horses. You may well be right that it's actually a Horsemen of the Apocalypse reference given the game mode the patch introduced.

steveg700 likes this.
  20. The Civs 6

The Civs 6 Warlord

Yeah I actually came to this thread to share this particular thought. The AI just seems to have their act together a little more than before. I even notice them pursuing victory conditions with just a little more focus. I also feel like I'm seeing more upgraded units. But I also want to add that these improvements to the AI are rubbing in the kinda BS advantages that they get early on. Early game feels especially grim nowadays.

Moderator Action: Edited your post to comply with forum rules regarding appropriate language. Please help us keep our forums family friendly. Thanks. leif

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2020