1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[NFP] Civilization VI: New Frontier Pass Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Eagle Pursuit, May 11, 2020.

1. Cerilis

Cerilis Stormrider

Mhrm, I wonder if the new alt leader could also be for Korea? Turtle ships, go!

acluewithout likes this.
  2. bite

bite Unofficial Civilization Cartographer Super Moderator

It has been updated

3. Hakan-i Cihan

Hakan-i Cihan Emperor

The new game mode for the first pack seems underwhelming. But accompanied with a good patch with some rework for the base game like the religion rework or the coastal cities rework, it could work out well.

Nerevatar and acluewithout like this.
  4. Morningcalm

Morningcalm Keeper of Records

While I would welcome Admiral Yi and his turtle ships, it seems more likely the leader would be for Mongolia, since people have requested a leader for them more often.

Zaarin likes this.
  5. bite

There are 6 new City States, I wonder if that includes the replacement for Palenque or not?

6. DWilson

DWilson Where am I? What turn is it?

I asked that in another thread, and it was pointed out that there are 6 types, and usually they add to each type at the same rate. That suggests it won't be, else the balance suffers.

7. pokiehl

pokiehl Emperor

I hope the alt leader is for Netherlands.

Caprikel, Hawke9 and Kmart_Elvis like this.
  8. acluewithout

acluewithout Deity

Apocalypse Mode looks fun. Probably a good choice for the first DLC - bright, colourful, loud, and “high impact“ (forgive the pun). But, yeah, I’ll be unimpressed if the other Modes are on the same level as Apocalypse Mode, given it’s a bit silly and seems like a fairly slight mod to the rules overall.

Maya look really fun to play. GC have a very cool design. GC doesn’t really float my boat to play, but will be great in the hands of the AI. I don’t think there’s any big issue whether they use RnF or GS mechanics. Very few of the GS Civs really leveraged GS mechanics or did so significantly, and the Civs that didn’t or did so only slightly were some of the coolest designs.

But at this point, it’s all about the Patch, right? Sadly, I think the Patch will be pretty limited in terms of content - FXS have now clearly flagged all the new content, eg resources, disasters, some wonders etc. So, presumably the Patch will just focus on bugs and balance changes. No Trebuchet. Maybe Religion gets a balance pass, but if so no new Religious Units.

Overall, I’m pretty hopeful about NFP. This is a really good start. But the Pass needs more meat. Fingers crossed.

Heroes in the half shell!

Last edited: May 19, 2020
  9. IvoryPavane

IvoryPavane Prince

I really do hope that the patch includes a bit of a balance patch for some of the Civs.

It would breathe a little life into the older content and help address a bit of the power creep we’ve (perhaps) started to see from GS onwards

10. Laurana Kanan

Laurana Kanan Don’t underestimate who I am. Moderator

Breaking out my dusty tome it looks like Thursdays (14), Fridays (9), & Wednesdays (7) are the most common days to have livestreams. Comparing to the release of content dates the most common was the day before (4) with the rest spread out with a couple streams the day of, a stream the day after, multiple streams up to several weeks before (for expansions), and even a couple times a week or so after.

So make of that what you will, but my prediction is that there WILL be a livestream and it WILL be sometime in the next three days. :p :shifty:

11. OmegaDestroyer

OmegaDestroyer King

I am currently playing with a mod (Civilizations Expanded) that rebalances all the civs. It has really helped breathe new life into the game, radically altering some civs (Kongo can found a religion, the Cree get Canada's surprise war immunity, etc) and supercharging everyone. I recommend it.

bbbt likes this.
  12. cain3456

cain3456 King

What I've seen so far does not impress. The Maya seem woefully underpowered while Gran Columbia looks insanely broken.

13. Ondolindë

Ondolindë Emperor

I am guessing we will have new achievements for each pack, right? If so, do we need another thread for that? Or do you think we can talk about them here?

14. Casworon

Casworon Prince

Would be cool to have a livestream before release. But with the whole pandemic thing it might be a bit more awkward to organize vs just grabbing people from their desks for a couple of hours

15. bbbt

bbbt Deity

That's right, what happened to the 10 achievements that were initial found (the 'season ticket' ones) that set a lot of the discussion off?

oakdragon likes this.
  16. sonicmyst

sonicmyst Emperor

Still no news how to counter that Soothsayer? That unit could be very annoying.

17. OmegaDestroyer

OmegaDestroyer King

The same way you deal with all unwanted units: murder

OR

Policy cards

OR

Thermonuclear warheads

Last edited: May 19, 2020
    racha and nzcamel like this.
  18. Amrunril

Amrunril Emperor

I don't think we've heard anything to suggest they can't be killed by normal combat units (like any other civilian or religious unit), so honestly I'd be more concerned that they'll never be able to do their job against a competent opponent.

19. bite

They are classed as a support unit, so the same way as killing a battering ram I would assume at this point

20. DWilson

DWilson Where am I? What turn is it?