[NFP] Civilization VI: Possible New Civilizations Thread

Maybe that's from a scenario? For some reason, the spearman artwork looks different. I could be wrong.

Well, there's Era Score on the screenshot and current scenarios do not use that concept.

However, this seems to be a very interesting change, while both concepts seem somewhat self-evident, I have no idea how will these work.

There are a fair amount of choices for "easy" Asian civs/leaders. Aside from the above-mentioned Mongolia/China/Korea alts, I don't think it's out of the question for Siam to return from V, and there's still another easy "new" option in Burma. Or they could just combine it with whichever Mesopotamian civ gets added, although that'd be about as logical as combining Brazil and the Iroquois just because they happen to be on a connected landmass.

Considering we have Khmer I would considering extremely unlikely that we get Siam.

Well, there's Era Score on the screenshot and current scenarios do not use that concept.

However, this seems to be a very interesting change, while both concepts seem somewhat self-evident, I have no idea how will these work.
Ah. I thought maybe a future scenario, but you're right.

The lack of DLL makes this announcement more meh than it could have been. I'd like to get the new versions of Teddy and Cathy, but it looks like I'll be taking a wait and see approach, especially as Humankind still has me more hyped. (Honestly, when I try to play Civ 6 now, I get bored around the Middle Ages and think "I wish I could switch civs during the game." :lol:)

Hopefully the new District is health related to come with diseases/plagues.

Excellent news. One question I have is: Is it possible that one of the game modes will include a corporations mechanic? Hopefully so.

I think the new districts will be utilities, like Aqueducts, Dams, Canals and Neighbourhoods.

i might be interested in a trade hub that could produce 2 resources of any type you dont own. Horses/iron/niter/coal. The important stuff. Coupled with 2 unique luxury goods. Jeans/eyeglasses/wiskey etc.

given that the season pass extends civ 6 development with one year. This would give firaxis one more year to talk about releasing the dll. Still very bad PR on this part.

Pretty sure that it's just saying that it changes Catherine and Teddy's agendas to fit their new personas.

Those two might be the first ones. Seemed to imply there would be more packs available over time. Someone correct me if that is wrong.

Excellent news. One question I have is: Is it possible that one of the game modes will include corporations and an economic victory? Hopefully so.
I am actually somewhat saddened by the absence of an Economic Victory announcement. I always find myself naturally focusing on maximising my gold income before realising towards the end of the game that I can't actually do much with it.

Those two might be the first ones. Seemed to imply there would be more packs available over time. Someone correct me if that is wrong.
I thought it only implied that the dual leader rework was a cherry-topping on the bundle to make more people purchase that over the individual packs.

It really is the perfect model for almost endless content. There's nothing to stop them making a second season pass for another year afterwards

You can keep coming up with 'game modes' and since the whole system is modular you no longer have to worry about overflowing the game with too many mechanics, since players can just toggle them on and off at will. And players love getting new leaders.

If anything this might be the most intelligent long term support model for a 4x I've seen, from a business perspective. I love endless Legend but at the end there was so many different mechanics that it was almost impossible to get new players into the game.

The only complaint i can see is that because the mechanics are modular they aren't integrated that well too make a tight experience.

Last edited:
I think it would be very cool if in Atomic and later eras you could spot these meteors and if you have nuclear missiles, redirect them to hit other civs. Everyone then will denounce you and call a military emergency against you :D

I am 100% on board with a Kublai Khan for China and Mongolia pack alongside Vietnam being led by Trần Nhân Tông (One of the main leaders doing the times of the Yuan invasions). It was one of the high periods of Dynastic Vietnam and is less stereotypical than the Trung sisters.

I'm not encouraged by the "premium pass" format. The pricing is not yet clear, but it seems as though being available on consoles has led Firaxis/2K to believe that they can go full EA on us. Paying up front for unannounced future content is "exciting," right? -_-

It's $40 for all six DLC plus a Persona Pack.

They said regional-focused packs, not continent-packs. I think people are trying to divide by the wrong lines. I think these will be more focused than that.

1) Central America - Maya, Gran Colombia, probably Corn, El Dorado, etc
2) East Africa - Ethiopia
3) 2 civs, could be Western Mediterranean with Portugal and Morocco, or Central Europe with Venice/Italy and Austria, or SE Asia with Vietnam and Siam, or Anatolia with Byzantium and Hittites
4) 1 civ, probably whichever of Portugal/Austria/Vietnam/Byzantium didn't get picked, or something in North America like the Iroquois
5) 1 civ 2 leaders, I think this will be Iroquois and JFK, since the pack is called New Frontier
6) 1 civ, whichever out of Byzantium/Portugal still hasn't been picked

This is the last I'll say about the board games: despite Civ being my favorite video game, I gave away Civilization New Dawn. It failed to capture the feelings the video game series gave me.

That's precisely why I've kept the game. When I'm playing a board game I'm looking for a tactile experience that involves other people, which means it usually can't take forever. When my friends want to play the videogame we'll play the videogame.

That being said, I'm shocked Ed didn't also have copies of Here I Stand or Virgin Queen on the table! C'mon Ed, free advertising for yourself!

The requirement for Rise and Fall for the new leader on Pack 5 makes it really likely it's Kublai Khan. If they're going by geographic areas, then pack 5 is likely to be East Asia, hopefully with Vietnam. The other packs should have a Middle Eastern civ, a Native civ from Anglo-Saxon America (Maya is North America, not South), and two Europeans, probably Byzantium and Portugal. The Europeans might be together, or maybe Byzantium will be together with the Middle Eastern civ, which I hope isn't Babylon but Hittites or something else.
The rise and fall requirement doesn't have to be necessarily related to the civs themselves, it could be for a mechanics reason

Top Bottom