[NFP] Civilization VI: Possible New Civilizations Thread

The rise and fall requirement doesn't have to be necessarily related to the civs themselves, it could be for a mechanics reason

Not really, since the mechanics are available with Gathering Storm.

This is what the three asterisks state:

*New game mode requires the Gathering Storm expansion to play.

**New game mode requires either the Rise and Fall or Gathering Storm expansions to play.

***New leader requires Rise and Fall expansion to play.
---

So in that case it would say New leader requires either the Rise and Fall or Gathering Storm expansions to play.

Right?

I'm not encouraged by the "premium pass" format. The pricing is not yet clear, but it seems as though being available on consoles has led Firaxis/2K to believe that they can go full EA on us. Paying up front for unannounced future content is "exciting," right? -_-
I don't like that stuff either, but I heard the bundle is 40 dollars and the 6 individual packs total 42 dollars. I don't particularly enjoy france or america, so the bundle bonus pack is whatever for me. Will be getting them individually on release.

I do wonder if you can run the two new personas for Teddy and Catherine alongside their normal personas. As in, random civs can be either one or the other if the Persona Pack is enabled.

I think we will still see some new civs like Colombia was, meaning some civs will be absent. I don't think we will see Portugal. They might save it for a third exp pack, which could include the new economic victory and corporations, as well as new ideologies / factions / pop system.

I think we will still see some new civs like Colombia was, meaning some civs will be absent. I don't think we will see Portugal. They might save it for a third exp pack, which could include the new economic victory and corporations, as well as new ideologies / factions / pop system.
I expect this to be it honestly. I don't see a third expansion happening since we are getting an expansion worth of new contents and features, including the 8 civs and 9 leaders.

It really is the perfect model for almost endless content. There's nothing to stop them making a second season pass for another year afterwards

You can keep coming up with 'game modes' and since the whole system is modular you no longer have to worry about overflowing the game with too many mechanics, since players can just toggle them on and off at will. And players love getting new leaders.

If anything this might be the most intelligent long term support model for a 4x I've seen, from a business perspective. I love endless Legend but at the end there was so many different mechanics that it was almost impossible to get new players into the game.

The only complaint i can see is that because the mechanics are modular they aren't integrated that well too make a tight experience.

Or this yes. A second season pack instead of a third exp pack.

They might as well include new stuff without specifying it. The new districts / great persons suggest new mechanics. Like pack 1 could add new disasters.

I do wonder if you can run the two new personas for Teddy and Catherine alongside their normal personas. As in, random civs can be either one or the other if the Persona Pack is enabled.

That would be such a simple way to add replayability to the game. Alter the model just a bit and give it an entirely different ability and agenda. At game set up you'd then be able to select which ability you want the leader to take, or leave it all at random.

40 euro season pass pretty much would indicate a third expansion in terms of content. But spread out over a longer time period. offering more in terms of extra civs/map modes/units/wonders etc then adding new mechanics like we have seen in gathering storm. I have faith firaxis would make the money spend on the season pass worth it.

That would be such a simple way to add replayability to the game. Alter the model just a bit and give it an entirely different ability and agenda. At game set up you'd then be able to select which ability you want the leader to take, or leave it all at random.
I don't know, man. Of all the things I think the game could use (or things I can't even imagine) new versions of existing leaders is pretty dang far down the list. Is this really needed?

My birthday was on May 9....is this Firaxis' birthday present for me? lol :woohoo:

I'm so happy about Gran Colombia! Such an interesting new civ! Makes me hope that my dream of Etruscans may actually happen one day.
(maybe)

Maybe once we understand their unique non-Indo-European language more better, and have more info on their rulers, then Etruria will be added to the game. I don't want their leader to speak Classical Latin. They probably have more chance than the Olmecs, the Harappans or the Minoans. :D

View attachment 555273
It also looks like that the meteorites (at least in the apocalypse game mode) leave iron in the craters!

Reminds me of my archaeology magazine articles about Libyan desert glass, which the ancient Egyptians used in their jewelry. It originated from meteor impacts. Also one artifact used a meteorite core in ancient Egypt.

El Dorado was important to history whether or not it existed. Much of the drive to colonize the New World was based on its myths of gold and fortune. The other new "natural" wonders were believed in as well, sailors were scared of the Bermuda Triangle for decades.

Also, the El Dorado myth actually originates from the Muisca civilization in present-day Colombia (one of their leaders was said to bath in a lake covered in gold dust), not the Inca. But it looks like Paititi (legendary lost Incan city) will be the "El Dorado" natural wonder instead. I'm guessing Muisca will sit out for Civ6 due to Gran Colombia being added. No Argentine Civ either (at least in this batch of DLC).

I'm going to guess Mandukhai the Wise of Mongolia for the leader 5 pack (unlike many guessing Kublai Khan, who frankly may be more famous in the West but may perhaps not be on the tongues of Mongolian children quite as much as Mandukhai, judging by Jack Weatherford's book on Mongol queens). But I agree with most that the Vietnam civ is probable for Asia.

I'm wondering whether they'll go with Hittites (Puduhepa as female leader possible), Assyria (well-liked from Civ V), or Babylon (old favorite). On the balance of probabilities I would say they might go with Hittites since we haven't seen them in the main game since Civ III (they did appear in a Civ V Wonders of the Ancient World scenario though, which was fun).

As for Ethiopia, maybe Menelik II is more likely, especially since his victory was the (implied) basis of the Ethiopia "Adwa" based civ bonus in Civ V and a crowning achievement of Ethiopia back then.

So, the Persona Packs are essentially alt leaders for America and France, right? That's how I'm reading it.

I also understood it that way, like alt leader, but reused model, much like alt leaders are like new civ reusing the nation

Not really, since the mechanics are available with Gathering Storm.

This is what the three asterisks state:

*New game mode requires the Gathering Storm expansion to play.

**New game mode requires either the Rise and Fall or Gathering Storm expansions to play.

***New leader requires Rise and Fall expansion to play.
---

So in that case it would say New leader requires either the Rise and Fall or Gathering Storm expansions to play.

Right?

New Leader requires R+F presumably means that either the new leader is an alt-leader for one of the R+F civs, or that the leader uses a R+F game mechanism. But someone can correct me if I'm wrong, I believe all the R+F game mechanisms are included in GS as well, so if the leader only used the new mechanisms, they would presumably list it like the ** and say it needs either R+F or GS.

So of the R+F civs, the obvious choice to have an alt-leader for are the Mongols, although always a chance that they could opt for an alternate Dutch or Korean leader as well if they want someone to spice up those civs. Having a non-total-warmonger for the Mongols would be nice, for sure.

40 euro season pass pretty much would indicate a third expansion in terms of content. But spread out over a longer time period. offering more in terms of extra civs/map modes/units/wonders etc then adding new mechanics like we have seen in gathering storm. I have faith firaxis would make the money spend on the season pass worth it.

Yep, I'm basically treating it like an expansion pack. It's kind of annoying to have to purchase it before seeing all the content, but I figure I'll own it eventually anyways, so I'll presumably buy it whenever we first can and just hope that the civs and game modes are ones I enjoy.

I don't know, man. Of all the things I think the game could use (or things I can't even imagine) new versions of existing leaders is pretty dang far down the list. Is this really needed?

My main interest here is how easy it would be for the average person to mod abilities into the game. There would be an Ability template in the Development Tools and you'd just have to select the leader, the modifiers for the ability, and give it a name. It would then appear as a drop down option in the game setup along with the default ability.

Top Bottom