1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[NFP] Civilization VI: Possible New Civilizations Thread

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Eagle Pursuit, May 11, 2020.

1. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

It might also be neat if they were like a land-based Maori, encouraged to roam somehow before settling.

Hawke9 and Thenewwwguy like this.
  2. PhoenicianGold

PhoenicianGold Emperor

It's funny because quite a bit of the Colombian design aligns with how a Berbers civ would likely want to function. Light cavalry, extra movement, some sort of agricultural bonus. And alternatively, the Mapuche seem to cover other aspects one might expect like the pillaging bonus and minor cultural bonus.

The more I think about it I'm finding it difficult to imagine a clear niche for the Berbers that doesn't substantially overlap with GC/Mapuche or Mali. I'm curious how much design space there actually is where so far nearly every civ has been designed with a specific playstyle/strategy in mind. The most I can see is that Numidia might get a lot of early game bonuses like Scythia?

I do agree that something extremely gimmicky like a nomadic start bias might be necessary just to make the Berbers different enough from all the other light cavalry civs.

Eagle Pursuit likes this.
  3. SammyKhalifa

SammyKhalifa Deity

Maybe you can gift/sell your units to people for much fame and glory

4. AsH2

AsH2 Prince

..and No Mots.

5. SMcM

SMcM Emperor

Yeah, I think her leading a Berber civ makes much more sense.

Thenewwwguy likes this.
  6. reddishrecue

reddishrecue Deity

The Hittites, wow that's a good ancient civilization.

7. SMcM

SMcM Emperor

What are we talking about? Also SoonTM I presume just means announcement relatively soon or something? No way does that have something to do with bronze age civilizations imo!

8housesofelixir likes this.
  8. Thenewwwguy

Thenewwwguy Emperor

n
    soontm is the september pack’s code name

9. marius_kaparius

marius_kaparius Warlord

If you look at the Linux and Mac Depots there are file listings for the README files that were removed, for example Linux TinyCar which show this:

upload_2020-8-5_17-39-40.png

Which means TinyCar is the Catherine persona. Using the same method:

Runner = Grand Colombia and Maya
    Plaid = Ethiopia
    ZoomZoom = Teddy Persona
    TinyCar = Catherine Persona

I doubt the names mean anything but just posting in case anybody wonders which depots likely go with which packs.

lol, or you can do a mouseover of the Unused DLC part and you'll see the name and video of the pack it is :)

Meluhhan and Hawke9 like this.
  10. PhoenicianGold

PhoenicianGold Emperor

They do seem to have a loose car theme? Where Zoom zoom is a Mazda slogan, Plaid would be a Tesla mode (Ludicrous Speed), and Runner could be...Forerunner, Blade Runner?

I would guess that whoever names these simply is a car enthusiast and what we are seeing is in fact their knee-jerk subconsciousness spitting out whatever arbitrary phrases memetically stuck to their brain.

SoonTM:

Soon: Swahili = Oman

TM: Timurids/Mughals = Gurkhani

Middle East Map confirmed.

AntSou likes this.
  11. Thenewwwguy

Thenewwwguy Emperor

or swahili means swahili and it’s an indian ocean map

12. PhoenicianGold

PhoenicianGold Emperor

Without the CHOLA? :crazyeye:

13. Alexander's Hetaroi

Alexander's Hetaroi Deity

All this talk of the Berbers being a the equivalent of a land Maori with the ability to sell their units to other civs sounds interesting indeed.

14. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

The older DLC code names were made before NFP was announced and were hints to its existence and inferring that new content would soon be announced (speedily).

MoorTires looks like a different kind of hint.

15. Thenewwwguy

Thenewwwguy Emperor

you don’t have to be rude. We all have our favorite civs that we want to see in the game, and just because your only opinions are based on what you think the devs will do doesn’t mean that my desire to see Chola in the game can be the subject of your ridicule.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2020
    8housesofelixir likes this.
  16. Josephias

Josephias Emperor

Indeed, then we have TinyCar for a French leader. (well, the "european (and specifically french) cars are small" has been also quite a common meme)... and now MoorTires... so which leader of which part of the world will use a monster-truck type car? ( or if you go by wide instead of big tires, a formula car?)

PhoenicianGold likes this.
  17. Thenewwwguy

Thenewwwguy Emperor

good question, if we get italy maybe it’ll be HotWheelz

18. JJOne

JJOne Prince

So, 15 years ago, Civ 4 had Gandhi, FDR, Churchill, Stalin (it doesn't get more controversial than this), Mao (died only 29 years before).
    Now the only leaders in WW2 and afterwards are Wilhelmina, the meme favourite Gandhi and Curtis. I miss more modern civs and leaders, like a Ben Gurion Israeli civ, a Henri Guisan swiss civ, a Khrushchev USSR civ. Or if they need ladies, a Thatcher UK, or an Eva Peron Argentina (we already have Six Sky and Eleanor, so Evita would also fit). Or go for even a bit more recent, and replace Khrushchev with Gorbachev, make a Mandela South African civ, make a Walesa Poland... And all this without becoming controversial.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2020
  19. untitledjuan

untitledjuan Chieftain

Many mosques, especially Ottoman mosques, with their layouts and domes would like to disagree with you. The Byzantine architecture, specially Hagia Sophia, was very influential for mosque architecture throughout the Middle East, even if it is not as clear as the influence it had on Orthodox cathedrals.

Meluhhan, Myomoto, Kjimmet and 2 others like this.
  20. PhoenicianGold

PhoenicianGold Emperor

Lol. I'm sorry if that came off as ridicule. I just was shocked that you would advocate for an Indian Ocean map pack without the quintessential Indian Ocean civ.

Well I doubt MoorTires even means anything, given that Mazda has nothing to do with Latin America and Tesla has nothing to do with Ethiopia.

But I still like to think that MoorTires is just a synonym swap for "Numidian Cavalry". :p

Oh boy can it though.