[NFP] Civilization VI: Possible New Civilizations Thread

Here's a shot in the dark. How do you pronounce Dihya in Berber? Would it sound or rhyme with tire?
I suppose it could.

Dih (guttural h?)- yuh is how i assume Dihya is pronounced, and i believe some east coast accents pronounce Tire as Tie-yuh (Firaxis is in Maryland)

so the second syllables rhyme, at the least, if you assume that the code name uses that pronunciation of Tire.

I don’t think Dihya is pronounced Die-yuh, so it’s not a full rhyme though

Not sure if I bite the MoorTires being a reference to Portugal, but I'm going with it.

Keep in mind there will be new World Wonders in the next pack. Now check this out:

Region with heavy references to Moors and a castle right next to a world wonder which I'd very much like to see in the game :p
i mean, moors undoubtedly refers to Iberia just as much as it does Berber and Arab North Africa, because the Moors were first and foremost the Islamic population in Iberia. It could reasonably refer to Portugal just as much as it does to the Berbers or Morocco

They like to keep us guessing :crazyeye:. They at least could give out September with the first patch.

Last option I checked is to see if the additonal content provides some hint, considering that, is in Colombia-Maya DLC it could have some relationship with the provided civ's covered area.

September pack has additional natural wonders and an additional map. That reduces the likeness of it being Europe, IMHO, because of less area covered, and a map already existing.

Middle east has certain potential (craddle of civ map and maybe a game mode related to that), altough I don't know if we have that much well-known natural wonders there (unless they go mithycal again) that cannot overlap with Sahar el beyda, the Dead Sea, Gobustan, Pammukale or even Zhangye Danxia. SoonTM might then refer to start of civilization, or to continuously expected civs (byzantium, babylon/assiria).

The option someone posed it can be a exploration pack, combining Portugal + one African Civ (scramble for africa scenario), or one NA Civ (to complete a new world scenario) could fit more. It is easier to spread natural wonders with such a high scope map (you could spread them, taking a iberian/european one, plus some others from the destination area -which makes Africa more likely, as the Americas are already covered for extra Natural Wonders with Maya+GC pack-. But then, that will take the "moors" out of November, as Iberia is already covered here, and I doubt we get another sub-saharian in NFP. "SoonTM" could refer to the time the explorers took to reach new destinations. The new game mode could involve a more interesting way to deal with overseas colonies, trying to cover the gameplay gap that leaves England/Spain as "meh" civs.

November Pack has additional city states and great people.

I'd say middle east has also great potential here, with many options for city states, and maybe a look for non-european-centered great people (altough I think the game has done a good work of providing variety already). MoorTyres could refer indirectly to "More Tyres - more early important cities which did not build its own civilization... altough Tyre has)

Extra city states and great people also is a good fit to Italy, and MoorTires then a clear reference to race-car production, so we can have an Industrial Nord-Italy focus for the civ to separate it from Rome. Tires is also a city in italy. Moors were also on sardinia for some time, just to complete the reference.

We know already :mischief: Asia is January pack, so altough it might be interesting to reinforce great people and CS there, I think is less likely (some might be included nevertheless)

But well, that is just wild guessing fun.

if they consider MENA as one in-game region, portugal could reasonably be considered one of those pairable civ’s too, specifically with Morocco.
I think I've stated that as a possibility too.

November Pack has additional city states and great people.

I'd say middle east has also great potential here, with many options for city states, and maybe a look for non-european-centered great people (altough I think the game has done a good work of providing variety already). MoorTyres could refer indirectly to "More Tyres - more early important cities which did not build its own civilization... altough Tyre has)

Extra city states and great people also is a good fit to Italy, and MoorTires then a clear reference to race-car production, so we can have an Industrial Nord-Italy focus for the civ to separate it from Rome. tire is also a city in italy. Moors were also on sardinia for some time, just to complete the reference.

We know already :mischief: Asia is January pack, so altough it might be interesting to reinforce great people and CS there, I think is less likely (some might be included nevertheless)
The Moors did control Sicily and part of Southern Italy for some time as well. :mischief:
Italy will need more great people and additional city-states after Bologna is also replaced. :)

September does not have natural wonders. It has world wonders (same as pack 6).
both the middle east and europe have some very good options for wonders as well: Neufchanstein castle (or however it’s spelled), Versailles, Temple of Zeus, the Great Mosque in Mecca (idk if that’s allowed to be in though in terms of the Islamic rules regarding things being depicted), The Tower of Babylon, Ishtar Gate, Uffizi, Il Duomo (specifically the ones in Florence and Milan would make good world wonders)

You can see the Palace from the Moors Castle near Tires.

Now, I really want this wonder to happen, so this theory suits me fine. :D

"SoonTM" could refer to the time the explorers took to reach new destinations.

That's a stretch.

Italy will need more great people and additional city-states after Bologna is also replaced.

I found two places called Tires, one in Portugal near Lisbon, another in the North of Italy.

You can see the Palace from the Moors Castle near Tires.

Now, I really want this wonder to happen, so this theory suits me fine. :D

That's a stretch.

I found two places called Tires, one in Portugal near Lisbon, another in the North of Italy.
yeah the Palace at Sintra would be a great wonder

So, we have some chance of getting Portugal and a Maghreb civ in the same DLC, they are as close geographically as Maya and Gran Colombia. Although I think Pack 03 is still Middle East

Then, someone needs to warn the Spanish translators: they made a mess :crazyeye: (yep, all other translations say world wonders, at least in the steam page)

This in Portuguese the Pack 03 says new wonders of the world and a new map.

Yall remember how you over... Overthought? The Plaid and thought it was pointing to Scotland Alt? I think the Tire is just supposed to bind it to speed like the others.
Also Moor can be sort of wetland.
But then again, I was also sceptical about Vietnam and it's coming, so I am not against the Moor thing as much as people overthinking the Tire part.

Cordoba/ Al Andalus has sort of been a dark horse candidate for some for quite some time now. Probably no room to fit it in though.

Oops I forgot MoorTires DLC4 not DLC3. The new world wonders are in DLC3.

I'll keep pretending snakes have legs and that it's a reference to the Pena Palace :mischief:
---

Also MoorTires is a repeat of the capital letters TM in SoonTM, but reversed. One starts with an M the other ends in an M. One starts with S the other ends in S. Both have two "o"s as their second and third letter.

SoonTM
M
oorTires

:scan:

So, we have some chance of getting Portugal and a Maghreb civ in the same DLC, they are as close geographically as Maya and Gran Colombia. Although I think Pack 03 is still Middle East
The MoorTires is the name of Pack 4 so it refers to only one civ.

Okay I'm still not presuming that this means we have a Maghreb confirmation, but I am extremely excited at the prospect since of the six "missing" civ regions (Portugal, Venice, Byzantium, Morocco, Assyria, Shoshone) Morocco seemed the most likely to be left out. If this is true (and we will have even better confirmation once we know if the November pack includes anything wholly new), then second season would be extremely likely.

However, given the prior names like Runner, ZoomZoom, Plaid, TinyCar, SoonTM, I really can't put much faith that "MoorTires" means anything. If anything, it feels like an intentional troll name, maybe to misdirect toward the Moors while actually just being about a very "mobile" Moor-adjacent civ like Portugal. I'm very skeptical.

Another thing I that crossed my mind: the devs have clearly been holding back on several city-states to keep us guessing at whether returning civs stand a shot: Vienna (Austria), Copenhagen (Denmark), Bangkok (Siam) being the most prominent (and possibly including Venice, Assur, and Constantinople depending on your viewpoint). Until we see those added to the game as civs or city-states (or wonders), I would consider the game incomplete, since I don't believe the devs would finish the game without giving city-state nods to the most expected civs. (to a lesser extent, we might expect to see city-states from extremely popular mods like Helsinki, Havana, Samarkand, maybe Pagan or Tondo)

@Eagle Pursuit

Are we certain SoonTM is DLC3?

It's more of a deduction than a certainty.

They've created SoonTM depots for Mac and Linux just after Ethiopia. This matches up to how they've been progressing towards the next immediate DLC. So SoonTM is likely the September Pack. Therefore, MoorTires would be the next one in November.

Assur, and Constantinople depending on your viewpoint)

First of all, Nineveh is far more relevant to Assyria than Assur

second, constantinople is effectively the same city as istanbul, so there’s no good reason for it to be city state. (before you bring up the Tenochtitlan/Mexico City thing, Mexico City was built on top of Tenochtitlan after it was razed. It’s not the same city when it comes to continuity, the way Istanbul is literally Constantinople

Top Bottom