[NFP] Civilization VI: Possible New Civilizations Thread

rivers are sorely unemphasized in civ

4x games in general cannot figure out how to represent rivers.

I think many devs will be surprised to find out that the US Civil War had a dedicated theater for "naval" battles on the Mississippi River, the Yangtze River was once an international water for foreign trades into China, and how Royal Navy ordered an Aircraft Carrier into mid-Yangtze River in 1931 to provide disaster reliefs - that's more than 700 km inland.

I played a continents map (albeit in V) with a grand total of one river on my starting continent. Wish they showed up more, along with lakes and oases.
with lakes, bcs they take up so much space i’m pretty sure gameplay wise they don’t make sense, so civ de-emphasizes tjemz

to be most accurate, Civ 7 should probably have the strategic placement part of districts at a micro level in one-tile cities

to be most accurate, Civ 7 should probably have the strategic placement part of districts at a micro level in one-tile cities
That's what I'd like to see implemented. Districts and wonders taking up their own tiles in the city while improvements are on the other hexes like they always have been.
That way districts won't feel as disjointed and separate from each other or the city center.

The offered percentage may be obtuse, but America does have a very large Irish population. In fact, America has a considerably larger Irish population (by total numbers, not per capita, obviously) than Ireland does.

Also, Americans imagine that a Brooklyn accent is an Irish accent, and get puzzled when they meet an actual Irish person.

Yeah, as a New Yorker I’m having trouble imagining any way in which Brooklyn could be mistaken for Irish.
Agreed. Though I've heard South Africans say Americans (in general) sound Irish. :dunno: The most I can concede there is Americans and Irish sound more alike than either sounds like RP, but... :p

Yeah, as a New Yorker I’m having trouble imagining any way in which Brooklyn could be mistaken for Irish.

It's because so many Irish emigrants ended up in Brooklyn. People who have met "Brooklyn Irish" but not actual Dubliners make this mistake. Or so I'm told; I can't vouch for it.

It's actually in the link. Mahavihara and Trading Domes.

Oh the old reddit made me didn't notice there is a 2nd picture. Thanks.

To my knowledge these two UIs don't fit Babylon at all. I wonder if they are Hero Mode only UIs or City-State suzerain UIs - a Trading Dome probably means a Central Asia CS.

Oh the old reddit made me didn't notice there is a 2nd picture. Thanks.

To my knowledge these two UIs don't fit Babylon at all. I wonder if they are Hero Mode only UIs or City-State suzerain UIs.

I have to agree with regards to the mahavihara. They are Buddhist monasteries. I have no idea about Trading Domes.

What if they are city-state UIs?

Babylon led by Hammurabi...Disappointed to not get my cultural Assyria, but honestly I'll take Babylon led by Hammurabi over Assyria led by Semiramis all day every day so ultimately there's more cause for celebration than disappointment.

Mahavihara
This word is Sanskrit and definitely not a UI for Babylon.

Great find. I generally favor UI over UD or UB, but I wonder what UI fits Babylon, since Ziggurat is already taken. Stelae everywhere?
A stele wouldn't be wrong, but it also wouldn't be very unique. Everyone in the Near East used them, and quite a few people outside the Near East. My guess is either a Tablet House (replacing the Library and housing a Great Work of Writing) or a Kudurru (boundary stone) as a unique improvement.

A quick Google search tells me that there are a number of domed barzars (Kuppelbasar in German, Trading Domes in English) in Bukhara.
Well, yet another city-state in Central Asia isn't doing wonders for my hopes of a Silk Road civilization. :(

Top Bottom