1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[NFP] Civilization VI: Possible New Civilizations Thread

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Eagle Pursuit, May 11, 2020.

1. Codeword Iroquois

Codeword Iroquois Warlord

I played a continents map (albeit in V) with a grand total of one river on my starting continent. Wish they showed up more, along with lakes and oases.

Thenewwwguy likes this.
  2. 8housesofelixir

8housesofelixir King

4x games in general cannot figure out how to represent rivers.

I think many devs will be surprised to find out that the US Civil War had a dedicated theater for "naval" battles on the Mississippi River, the Yangtze River was once an international water for foreign trades into China, and how Royal Navy ordered an Aircraft Carrier into mid-Yangtze River in 1931 to provide disaster reliefs - that's more than 700 km inland.

3. Thenewwwguy

Thenewwwguy Emperor

with lakes, bcs they take up so much space i’m pretty sure gameplay wise they don’t make sense, so civ de-emphasizes tjemz

to be most accurate, Civ 7 should probably have the strategic placement part of districts at a micro level in one-tile cities

SMcM, Cooleatack, Kjimmet and 2 others like this.
  4. Alexander's Hetaroi

Alexander's Hetaroi Deity

That's what I'd like to see implemented. Districts and wonders taking up their own tiles in the city while improvements are on the other hexes like they always have been.
    That way districts won't feel as disjointed and separate from each other or the city center.

Cooleatack and Thenewwwguy like this.
  5. Abaxial

Abaxial King

Also, Americans imagine that a Brooklyn accent is an Irish accent, and get puzzled when they meet an actual Irish person.

8housesofelixir and Zaarin like this.
  6. God of Kings

God of Kings Ruler of all heads of state

I don't know any Irish person who pronounces Cork as "koik."

Kmart_Elvis and Zaarin like this.
  7. Andrew Johnson [FXS]

Andrew Johnson [FXS] Warlord

Speaking as someone whose family has Brooklyn accents, we are not under any illusion that we sound Irish. We ARE under the illusion that we are from "the City," which properly means only Manhattan.

8. Navelgazer

Navelgazer King

Yeah, as a New Yorker I’m having trouble imagining any way in which Brooklyn could be mistaken for Irish.

LMT, Inawordyes, God of Kings and 3 others like this.
  9. Zaarin

Zaarin Chief Medical Officer, DS9

Agreed. Though I've heard South Africans say Americans (in general) sound Irish. :dunno: The most I can concede there is Americans and Irish sound more alike than either sounds like RP, but... :p

Navelgazer and Thenewwwguy like this.
  10. Abaxial

Abaxial King

It's because so many Irish emigrants ended up in Brooklyn. People who have met "Brooklyn Irish" but not actual Dubliners make this mistake. Or so I'm told; I can't vouch for it.

Thenewwwguy likes this.
  11. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

conorbebe, Hawke9, Bosque and 19 others like this.
  12. 8housesofelixir

8housesofelixir King

Great find. I generally favor UI over UD or UB, but I wonder what UI fits Babylon, since Ziggurat is already taken. Stelae everywhere?

13. Eagle Pursuit

It's actually in the link. Mahavihara and Trading Domes.

conorbebe likes this.
  14. 8housesofelixir

8housesofelixir King

Oh the old reddit made me didn't notice there is a 2nd picture. Thanks.

To my knowledge these two UIs don't fit Babylon at all. I wonder if they are Hero Mode only UIs or City-State suzerain UIs - a Trading Dome probably means a Central Asia CS.

15. Eagle Pursuit

I have to agree with regards to the mahavihara. They are Buddhist monasteries. I have no idea about Trading Domes.

What if they are city-state UIs?

conorbebe likes this.
  16. 8housesofelixir

8housesofelixir King

That's exactly my guess, City-State suzerain UIs. I have also edited my post and mentions that Trading Dome probably means a Central Asia CS.

conorbebe, Thenewwwguy and Zaarin like this.
  17. Eagle Pursuit

Agreed. Samarkand?

Hawke9 and Zaarin like this.
  18. 8housesofelixir

8housesofelixir King

A quick Google search tells me that there are a number of domed barzars (Kuppelbasar in German, Trading Domes in English) in Bukhara.

conorbebe, Thenewwwguy and Zaarin like this.
  19. TreVor_ish

TreVor_ish Chieftain

20. Zaarin

Zaarin Chief Medical Officer, DS9

Babylon led by Hammurabi...Disappointed to not get my cultural Assyria, but honestly I'll take Babylon led by Hammurabi over Assyria led by Semiramis all day every day so ultimately there's more cause for celebration than disappointment.

This word is Sanskrit and definitely not a UI for Babylon.

A stele wouldn't be wrong, but it also wouldn't be very unique. Everyone in the Near East used them, and quite a few people outside the Near East. My guess is either a Tablet House (replacing the Library and housing a Great Work of Writing) or a Kudurru (boundary stone) as a unique improvement.

Well, yet another city-state in Central Asia isn't doing wonders for my hopes of a Silk Road civilization. :(