1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[NFP] Civilization VI: Possible New Civilizations Thread

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Eagle Pursuit, May 11, 2020.

1. Xandinho

Xandinho Deity

Please, no more civilizations/leaders of the Anglosphere. If NFP is the last content cycle that we will get for Civ6, I hope very, very much, that the final civ in March will be Portugal. Even though it will hurt not to have a civilization from North Africa, another civ native to North America and no Italian representation.

AntSou, Meluhhan, Ondolindë and 7 others like this.
  2. Kimiimaro

Kimiimaro King

I myself believe that Portugal will come last. Considering all the proof and headcanons for and against, I'd say I'm about 75% sure. And I'm also absolutely unsure about their leader, since Firaxis is rather surprising and expanding with their Civ VI choices. My hope goes for Manuel I.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2020
    raen, 679x, Zaarin and 1 other person like this.
  3. conorbebe

conorbebe King

Happy to see Babylon finally, sad that it means we most likely won’t get the Hittites.

Meluhhan, Zaarin and pokiehl like this.
  4. Alexander's Hetaroi

Alexander's Hetaroi Deity

If we go off the fact that every DLC cycle/ expansion has had 3 female leaders I have a feeling it might be Maria again.
    But I would rather Joao II or Manuel I.

I’ve also kind of made peace most likely ending with Portugal no matter how much I wanted Italy or another Native American civ.

Eagle Pursuit and Zaarin like this.
  5. Zaarin

Zaarin Chief Medical Officer, DS9

Logic makes me agree with you, but I'm still holding out hope for another Native American civ.

sweetbrown89 and Eagle Pursuit like this.
  6. VermelhoRed

VermelhoRed Prince

I just don't think Portugal will have much space, gameplay-wise...how many merchant naval civs can there be after all

Zaarin likes this.
  7. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

It will probably be more exploration focused, and with a heavier lean on their infrastructure and amenities than on Trade Route bonuses.

Jeppetto, bbbt, Meluhhan and 7 others like this.
  8. SirMediocrity

SirMediocrity Warlord

Yeah, Spain already has a trade focus anyway. Interestingly enough, in civ 5, Portugal kinda had the trade focus while Spain had the exploration focus. It seems like those roles might be slightly reversed in civ 6.

(If they are more exploration focused and we do end up getting Maria I, we can probably expect their Unique Civilization Ability to be themed around exploration since Maria ruled after the main period of exploration.)

9. Kimiimaro

Kimiimaro King

Manuel I would be perfect for that. Portuguese bonuses could lean toward explorations and luxuries, and Manueline Architecture could translate into some interesting infrastructure bonus. And unique building art for Portugal, too :D.

raen and SirMediocrity like this.
  10. Birch617

Birch617 Warlord

Maybe they could have an unique Improvement that could be constructed both in land and water (taking inspiration fro the Belém Tower)

SirMediocrity likes this.
  11. raen

raen Coat of Arms

<<
    <=> Feitoria ? ;)

12. LMT

LMT Warlord

I really liked those in Civ 5. Not necessarily due to what they did, but because you needed to build them outside your empire. I always enjoy when developers do something unusual like that.

13. raen

raen Coat of Arms

Actually relates to history, always built abroad, never inside. And at City-States/New strategic places, always on the coast.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2020
  14. SirMediocrity

SirMediocrity Warlord

Maybe we can get a colonization-themed game mode if the final pack is indeed Portugal.

Hawke9, Kjimmet, Kimiimaro and 3 others like this.
  15. untitledjuan

untitledjuan Warlord

That would be interesting, maybe the European nation you start with could change at the end of the game to the USA, Canada, Gran Colombia, Brazil or Australia

16. Alexander's Hetaroi

That's what I figured.
    Considering she ended up moving the kingdom to Brazil, and it was a very important colony beforehand, I could see her leader ability sort of work like Lady Six Sky where non capital cities get more yields but they have to be further away than six tiles, or maybe even on a different continent.

SirMediocrity likes this.
  17. Zaarin

Like Tamar, she gets different abilities when playing in Dramatic Ages: in a Dark Age she loses all her cities as she's removed from power. :p

18. Guynemer

Guynemer King

And I, for one, would love to see a true Republican leader for Rome, and I'm not sure Marius would fit the bill. The several decades leading up to Augustus were a complete tire fire for the republic.

almughavar and Zaarin like this.
  19. Zaarin

Indeed. Republican Rome isn't my area of speciality, but, while I can see the appeal of Marius, he's probably not the best representative of Republican Rome. TBH I kind of want Septimius Severus next time around--but that's really just an excuse to have a second Carthaginian leader.

20. Alexander's Hetaroi

Here is hoping Gilgamesh get's a rework in the Heroes and Legends Game mode, as in maybe the abilities he has now would only be for the game mode.

Of course than nobody would want to play as him with it on. :shifty:

Zaarin likes this.