[NFP] Civilization VI: Possible New Civilizations Thread

Cool find! but why haven't it dropped yet? Do you guys think it will drop in 57 min? Or in 23 h and 57 min?

First look might drop within present and 3 hours or so. Dont dispair yet till 20:00 CET today. Dont hold your breath. There is no certainly it would drop today or if it would drop tomorrow. A high chance of it releasing today (wednesday) is still no certainty.

ugh... so it's probably tomorrow and then next Tuesday, potentially with a livestream from the basement on Wednesday, just before the release

ugh... so it's probably tomorrow and then next Tuesday, potentially with a livestream from the basement on Wednesday, just before the release

only firaxis knows. Like i said. It could drop today. 16:11 CET is still early. 17:00 CET would not be weird.

Civilizations transcend national borders, though. TBH that Gran Colombia left a legacy across a swath of South America makes me much more open-minded about its inclusion than I would be otherwise.
This on GC. That combined with civs are "representatives" of a broader culture often enough (if you don't believe me, read the Iroquois and Mounted Warrior Civ III entries explaining the civ represents ALL of Native North America), GC represents a broader culture than just the 12 year span of itself. Really, Hispanophone culture is a civilization hundreds of years in the making and certainly the broadest in the Western Hemisphere considering the breadth of former Spanish territories, so it's honestly about time for their inclusion over certain others that have been previously added.

What kind of challenges do you think will be part of the Secret Societies game mode?

only firaxis knows. Like i said. It could drop today. 16:11 CET is still early. 17:00 CET would not be weird.
I'm cautiously optimistic about 4PM (5PM CET) as that's when their marketing tweet dropped. It seems odd to me that they'd put the video up today on private if they weren't planning on releasing it today.

What kind of challenges do you think will be part of the Secret Societies game mode?

I think the Ethiopia DLC adds some new spy missions, and if you play with the Secret Societies Mode, there will be some even bigger/nastier missions plus maybe a unit that helps to spread your secret pact into other cities.

Could it be that they are steering clear of the IGN and Geoff Keighley announcements at 11am EST?

I am unaware of this event. It was a golf game right? But firaxis timing could be logical or illogical at the same time. They tend to give their own products maximum attention. And do not like to send out confusing messages. Like mixing up xcom and civ attention on social media. I dont understand the logic around this event and a first look video. So dont know what effect it will have for today.

I can see that @bite is wide awake and online atm. Abandon all hope for today...
:lol:

Bite was still hanging around on monday during the new frontier event. I saw him posting on civfanatics after the drop. If my memory has not abandoned me.

I think the Ethiopia DLC adds some new spy missions, and if you play with the Secret Societies Mode, there will be some even bigger/nastier missions plus maybe a unit that helps to spread your secret pact into other cities.

does Ethiopia have a synergy with spying in history? Is there a connection between Ethiopia and the new game mode?

Last edited by a moderator:
This may have been covered already, but is there reason to think the new alternate leader would lead to civs like Eleanor, or could it be like Greece or India?

I am unaware of this event. It was a golf game right? But firaxis timing could be logical or illogical at the same time. They tend to give their own products maximum attention. And do not like to send out confusing messages. Like mixing up xcom and civ attention on social media. I dont understand the logic around this event and a first look video. So dont know what effect it will have for today.

It seems to be Unreal Engine 5.

Top Bottom