[NFP] Civilization VI: Possible New Civilizations Thread

Portugal and Assyria in Civ V doesn't mean Portugal is confirmed yet lol
What matters on these forums is our feelings, not facts! Speculation is our thing, we take the littlest details we can find and blow them out of proportion! :crazyeye:

To be serious in this conversation, while there isn't much basis for the claims that @AntSou had made, other than the tweet and the history of Anton Strenger's previous work, merit does exist in his thesis.

I think you misunderstood the post.

I'm just pointing out that the lead designer for New Frontier Pass just happens to be the same person who designed Portugal and Assyria for Brave New World.

I think the more important take away is the bit about pioneering the season pass model. What good is a model if it's only done once? It implies repetition and more content.

I think the more important take away is the bit about pioneering the season pass model. What good is a model if it's only done once? It implies repetition and more content.
And given the fact that NFP has brought back many staple Civilizations, the speculations that Portugal will be the last Civilization do hold metaphorical water.

Instead, I'd rather have one true Celtic representative (Ireland), instead of zero.
I mean, the Belgae were probably Celticized Germans, it's true, but aside from Male Boudicca everything else about the Gauls is 100% Celtic.

Ambiorix ranked 6th on the list of The Greatest Belgians. That's your Gallic connection with Belgium.
It's normal for patriotic enthusiasm to overrun common sense and claim past peoples' heroes as one's own. Victorian propaganda compared Victoria to Boudicca. Americans get all excited about Tecumseh even though, aside from being a Native American who assembled an anti-American confederacy, he fought for the British in the War of 1812. Saddam Hussein called himself the new Nebuchadnezzar (as well as the new Sargon). It's just a thing people do. :dunno:

So here's a curious bit of information I found:

I'm not saying, I'm just sayin'...
Not sure if this does mean anything in terms of the NFP but interesting anyways.

However the civilopedia entries for Babylon heavily referenced Assyria so I am not surprised that maybe Anton was heavily involved in the design for Babylon.

That being said now we know who it was that worked on Assyria and if he designs the next game maybe they can get in the base game.:mischief:

Haudenosaunee should be led by Jikonsase.

Civilization Ability:

???

Civilization receives no population loss from wildfires. All districts placed on Woods, or Jungle, do not remove either feature. Woods and Jungle tiles expend all movement points of enemy units. Units ignore terrain cost for Woods and Jungle, and receive +4 Combat Strength in those tiles. Improved Camp resources provide an additional +1 Food, +2 Gold and Culture bomb adjacent tiles.

Leader Ability: Mother of Nations

+10 HP recovered per turn in Haudenosaunee territory for units belonging to any Alliance with this Civilization. Alliances provide +2 of their respective yields City-States, of which you, or an allied player, are Suzerain, cannot have Envoys sent to them by players you are at war with.

Unique Building: Longhouse

Unique improvement, available only to the Haudenosaunee. Available at the Writing technology. +1 Culture. +1 Housing per adjacent district. +1 Production per adjacent Woods, or Jungle tile. Provides +1 Food, +1 Culture and +1 Amenity to each adjacent worked Lake tile. May only be built on Woods, Jungle, or adjacent to another district, or Lake tile. Cannot be adjacent to another Longhouse.

Unique Unit: Kanien'kehá (Mohawk Warrior)

Class: Melee
Movement: 2

Available at Construction. 44 Combat Strength. +7 Combat Strength in Woods or Jungle, and ignore fortification bonuses from enemy units on those tiles. Defeated enemy units grant Culture equal to their Combat Strength, as well as Population +33% growth to the nearest Haudenosaunee city.

T1 Bias: Forest, Furs, Deer, Honey.
T2 Bias: River, Lakes
T3 Bias: Jungle

Pipedream, but as someone who is Mohawk that's what I would like to see.

Iroquois wasn't done any justice whatsoever in V honestly lol
Interesting ideas however I feel to much of the abilities revolving around woods and rainforests are similar to Vietnam already.

It's normal for patriotic enthusiasm to overrun common sense and claim past peoples' heroes as one's own. Victorian propaganda compared Victoria to Boudicca. Americans get all excited about Tecumseh even though, aside from being a Native American who assembled an anti-American confederacy, he fought for the British in the War of 1812. Saddam Hussein called himself the new Nebuchadnezzar (as well as the new Sargon). It's just a thing people do. :dunno:
Associate yourself successfully with the legacy of a past leader, and all that sweet legitimacy comes running toward ya.

What matters on these forums is our feelings, not facts! Speculation is our thing, we take the littlest details we can find and blow them out of proportion! :crazyeye:

To be serious in this conversation, while there isn't much basis for the claims that @AntSou had made, other than the tweet and the history of Anton Strenger's previous work, merit does exist in his thesis.

Well, to full speculation-craft:

From my experience of developers *in general* they often find new a lot more exciting than stuff they've done before. I.e. researching and designing a new civ might be more exciting then redoing Portugal again.

Otoh, if said dev is say only .25 FTE on NFP because he's .75 on yet to-be-announced project, it might be more likely to revamp a known quantity into the new mechanics.

In summary: Who knows? I think I'm still leaning Portugal based on the "why would you introduce vampire castles and not reuse that mechanic for a Portuguese UI' but tbd. Conterpoint: I've been pretty consistently wrong about who I thought was coming.

Moderator Action: Enough with the inappropriate memes. leif

In all seriousness, didn't some dev joke about some prehistoric mechanics EP back in the Civ V days? I've included a reference to this in a Civ Iceberg I've made some time ago, but I couldn't find the actual source for that :v
(I'd also love to document some more of the Civ history, I'd like to learn more about an alleged civ leak from before Civ V's premiere and many other things, but researching these proves somewhat tricky)

EDIT: fouuuund it - https://forums.civfanatics.com/thre...ization-5-gods-kings-details-released.457816/

Last edited:
Top Bottom