[NFP] Civilization VI: Possible New Civilizations Thread

Two sides of the same coin: Japan was on the giving end; Korea was on the receiving end. :p
To each other most of the time.

To each other most of the time.
To modify a Tom Lehrer song:

Oh, the Chinese fight the Mongols,
And the Mongols fight the Chinese.
And the Japanese fight the Japanese,
And everybody fights the Koreans.
:shifty: :lol:

I was talking about the real Sumer, not Gilgabro. :p
Well being a cradle of civilization, opens them up to a number of possibilities as being the real start of everything from faith, to culture, to technology etc. ;)

Well being a cradle of civilization, opens them up to a number of possibilities as being the real start of everything from faith, to culture, to technology etc. ;)
Very true.

Indeed, but in terms of conquest Sumer itself was only really unified under the Akkadian dynasty and the Third Dynasty of Ur, and it never really went conquering outside of Sumer. I'd say Domination is the one design which does not suit Sumer.

Indeed, but in terms of conquest Sumer itself was only really unified under the Akkadian dynasty and the Third Dynasty of Ur, and it never really went conquering outside of Sumer. I'd say Domination is the one design which does not suit Sumer.

Assyria is tailor-made to be the aggressive Mesopotamian civ.

Assyria is tailor-made to be the aggressive Mesopotamian civ.
Unfortunately I agree, but I'd still like to see a cultural/builder-focused Assyria in Civ7--perhaps not so dissimilar from Civ6's Persia.

I'd make a bet that I can give you an argument for any "focus" for any civ out there, be it cultural, scientific, militarist or population-boomer.

I completely agree, with a few exceptions of course. It's so funny to me when people insist that so-and-so could be a "great Culture civ" for instance - well, yeah, what civilization didn't have culture :confused:?

It's the same as when people from any given country describe how important food and cuisine is to their culture...I imagine that eating is important to everyone!

It's the same as when people from any given country describe how important food and cuisine is to their culture...I imagine that eating is important to everyone!
Though not everyone's cuisine is equally delicious. We can't all be India, Persia, or Lebanon (sadly). :(

Though not everyone's cuisine is equally delicious. We can't all be India, Persia, or Lebanon (sadly). :(
We can't all be the Philippines as well, either. Wait... ;)

We can't all be the Philippines as well, either. Wait... ;)
Honestly the only thing I remember from Filipino cuisine is banana ketchup, but in my defense I was eight years old at the time. :p

Unfortunately I agree, but I'd still like to see a cultural/builder-focused Assyria in Civ7--perhaps not so dissimilar from Civ6's Persia.
I picture them closer to the way Macedon is portrayed. Conquering cities can give them science and cultural bonuses, or that's the main reason why they want to go out and build up an army for conquest to acquire great works from others, as opposed to wonders and districts for Alexander.

I completely agree, with a few exceptions of course. It's so funny to me when people insist that so-and-so could be a "great Culture civ" for instance - well, yeah, what civilization didn't have culture :confused:?
The Huns. :mischief:

Anyway, as @pokiehl has stated, all Civilizations have had Culture, Science, Faith, and etc. at one point. Just some have done it better than others.

The Huns. :mischief:
Their Culture was murdering, plundering, torturing, and stealing anything their beady eyes could see. Sometimes... I miss it.

Honestly the only thing I remember from Filipino cuisine is banana ketchup, but in my defense I was eight years old at the time. :p

That's anecdotalism which, on the Internet, means it's the absolute truth, so for now I'll consider Filipino cuisine is just banana ketchup (please don't hit me)

I picture them closer to the way Macedon is portrayed. Conquering cities can give them science and cultural bonuses, or that's the main reason why they want to go out and build up an army for conquest to acquire great works from others, as opposed to wonders and districts for Alexander.
The past few decades have revealed the extent of Assyrian monumental architecture, public infrastructure, and art and literature. I'd like to see that side of Assyrian history represented as well--make the leader Sennacherib and give him war bonuses, call the ability "Sennacherib at the Gates of Jerusalem." Again, like Persia--cultural civ, aggressive leader.

The past few decades have revealed the extent of Assyrian monumental architecture, public infrastructure, and art and literature. I'd like to see that side of Assyrian history represented as well--make the leader Sennacherib and give him war bonuses, call the ability "Sennacherib at the Gates of Jerusalem." Again, like Persia--cultural civ, aggressive leader.
How about just "At the Gates of Jerusalem"? You're suggested name seems a bit long. :p

Their Culture was murdering, plundering, torturing, and stealing anything their beady eyes could see. Sometimes... I miss it.
He said civilization. :p ;)

Does he come with Israel as well considering Tomyris foreshadowed Cyrus and Cyrus foreshadowed Babylon? :mischief:

Top Bottom