[NFP] Civilization VI: Possible New Civilizations Thread

Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V :lol:

Season 2 Wishlist: Siam, Assyria, Armenia and Tigran II, Cherokee
Alt leaders: Ivan the Terrible for Russia, for Egypt

Pacific: Really no need, but, if we really wanted, Samoa and Hawaii are two options.
I would like another marine civilization. Maybe even Pacific. I haven’t played for Portugal yet, but I’m very happy about it!

Since we're all in our wishlist, here's mine:

Italy: it's been a long time, and we need proper Italy, not just Venice. Seriously, the birthplace of one of the eight eras of the game still hasn't been playable? Come on!
As long as I'd love other European civs, I think except for Italy, we don't need them. Austria = would be too similar to Hungary because they gain suzerainty through gold, we already have a cultural city-State suzrain as Greece and a religious suzerain of city-States as Georgia... Austria would just be redundant. Denmark too: we already have Viking Scandinavia and Enlightened Scandinavia. As long as I'd love Ireland, I think they'd be better in Civ VII (replacing Arabia as the religion/science civ), but for now the British Isles are overcrowded. Bulgaria might work, but Eastern Europe is not my priority.
Morocco/Berbers: Maybe Berbers over Morocco. But anyway, the Maghred needs representation. Sadly, Morocco might overlap in terms of gameplay with Mali or Arabia, so the Berbers might add a nice and refreshing touch.
One Native American civ: as long as they're nicely done and not gimmicky like Civ V's Iroquois. I really don't know the History of this region well, and I'd love to learn more through civs thanks to it.
Middle-Orient/Steppes civ: the Timurids, most precisely. Not necessarily the Scythia gimmick of horses horses horses, more based on trade and science. Especially, I'd love for Ulug Bel to be the leader, to have, at last, a true scientific leader that actually was a scientist.
South America: I'd love to learn more about empires and cultures and tribes living in South America, besides the Incas. The Mapuches were a nice touch badly executed, but another one could works too. They ought of course to be interested and have nice gameplays. Who knows? With the more and more numerous discoveries of civilizations in Amazonia, maybe we'd have a true Amazonian civ, whatever the archaeologist discover first?
Macrobians: that's just me. Macrobia and the Horn of Africa is one of my favourite parts of the Bronze Age world, and I'd love to see them represented. A special ability for them would be to be able to sell resources they bought, especially luxury ones. Greeks thought Macrobians produced spices, but they in fact imported them from India.
Another central/far-east Asian civ: while the hegemony of China was indeniable, I think we lack representation from this area. But not enough knowledge of this part of the world to really knows why.
Haiti: the only post-colonial civ I'd be ready to accept. For once they won't be a post-British colonial civ, but it was also the first modern black nation, based on true principles of equality and liberty.
Alternate leader: We have Greece, China, India, England and France with alternate leaders, the last contenders are Rome and Egypt. Rome is too eurocentric, Egypt had a longer history, and their only leader, while being legitimate in her own right, is still deeply Hellenistic (while she still was the first to try to be close to her egyptian subjects). An egyptian leader far earlier (like Hatchepsut or Ramessess II, or even someone unexpected: don't tell me Ancient Egypt doesn't has any other leader that could be interesting than the Big Names) would be extremely satisfying.

Ireland WAS a perfect option for a celtic civ from the British Isles, I would love to have Ireland before either Scotland or Gaul, but at this point lets be honest if Ireland is added is just to again appeal to the anglo market since many of them have Irish ancestry or at least know about them. Ireland is a very small place, in no way is a "spot to fill" in the map.

Same with Hawaii. Maori have the design for a Tonga civ, while Samoa would be a more unique option. But if we look to other regions either Tagalog/Phillipines or a Caribe/Taino civ are better options for a maritime civ. Hawaii is a prety small, low populated and isolated place compared to Phillipines and the Caribbean. Why the need for a second polynesian civ? Again the only reason is that Hawaii is now part of USA.

well .. there's is NOT to be another pass.. but here are my two cents...

- Europe: something related to unique gameplay : Switzerland (does not declare wars) or Papal States (controls religion)
- Africa; modern South Africa ... Mandela as leader (I think He would be the more recent deceased leader in Civ series)
- Asia: Assyria & something from central Asia.. Afghanistan or Timurids would be OK..
- America: a horse-ride plains tribe.. maybe Sioux, and (for contrast) a postcolonial state.. Argentina..

I know people would like to see Italy .. but meanwhile Rome been a staple-civ.. I don`t see it likely .. (the same way as Mexico / Aztecs)

Considering everyone has been making wishlists with 8 civs, I am curious about how everyone can consolidate it to only 4 civs within 3 packs?

I personally think if we do get more content it will be that at most.

Pack 1: Iroquois + Navajo or Haiti

Pack 2: Berbers + Akenhaten for Egypt

Pack 3: Italy + Maria Theresa for Germany and Hungary :mischief:

As much as I want to put Assyria I don’t think it’s likely with both Babylon and Sumeria in the game.
I also feel like other parts of the world like SA, Oceania and East Asia are done.

Considering everyone has been making wishlists with 8 civs, I am curious about how everyone can consolidate it to only 4 civs within 3 packs?

As much as I want to put Assyria I don’t think it’s likely with both Babylon and Sumeria in the game.
I also feel like other parts of the world like SA, Oceania and East Asia are done.

I actually don't see a half-pack happening, given that they just implemented the season model and would want to keep it consistent so it will stick with consumers.

But I could see it happening as you predict, Maria Teresa excluded lol.

I Follow your idea to Pack 1 - Iroquois and Haiti make a fair and balanced civilizations to America where is needed both.

But from pack 2 I would go something more deep in Black Africa and I would choice Dahomey and Angola with Queen Nzinga.

Pack 3 back from old world I would choice Hitites or Israel + Romenia with Vlad the Impaler.

I actually don't see a half-pack happening, given that they just implemented the season model and would want to keep it consistent so it will stick with consumers.

But I could see it happening as you predict, Maria Teresa excluded lol.
I honestly think 8 more civs is too much to expect, especially considering we are at 50 civs already.
A half-pack like I mentioned will definitely give us the things that are missing at least from Civ 5 (2nd NA tribe, North Africa, something Italian).

Well I also had to pair new (Italy) with old (Maria Theresa) :p

I honestly think 8 more civs is too much to expect, especially considering we are at 50 civs already.
A half-pack like I mentioned will definitely give us the things that are missing at least from Civ 5 (2nd NA tribe, North Africa, something Italian).

Well I also had to pair new (Italy) with old (Maria Theresa) :p

Eh, in thinking of it as a business which likely wants to keep artists occupied/employed for another year, and the fact that we conveniently have 4 easy "returning" civ options in Austria, Assyria, Morocco, and the Iroquois...I think they could fill out a second season with those plus some other highly requested ideas like Italy, the Inuit/Navajo, etc.

I guess what I'm saying is that I don't expect them to go with half of a season pass. Either they will fill out a whole season pass with civs, or they will fill out a whole season pass without civs, or they will switch to a "content bomb" model without any structured release schedule. I don't see them doing a six month planned release.

Eh, in thinking of it as a business which likely wants to keep artists occupied/employed for another year, and the fact that we conveniently have 4 easy "returning" civ options in Austria, Assyria, Morocco, and the Iroquois...I think they could fill out a second season with those plus some other highly requested ideas like Italy, the Inuit/Navajo, etc.

I guess what I'm saying is that I don't expect them to go with half of a season pass. Either they will fill out a whole season pass with civs, or they will fill out a whole season pass without civs, or they will switch to a "content bomb" model without any structured release schedule. I don't see them doing a six month planned release.
I just have a hard time picturing where the other 4 new ones would come.
I don't expect anything new from South America. If they go indigenous with NA they probably won't go with something post-colonial with Argentina or indigenous either. Which is why I mentioned Haiti in the Caribbean as an option not being in the continental part of North America.

It's also hard for me to picture getting another new civ from East Asia/Central Asia after the release of several city-states: Ayutthaya, Samarkand, Lahore etc. in the NFP, which means probably no Siam, Timurids, Mughals etc. I also don't expect a 4th SEA civ with Burma.

I also believe that nothing else is coming from Oceania after the way they designed the Maori.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love Austria with Maria Theresa, but I agree that Europe is full and I unfortunately think their niche was taken by both HRE inspired Germany and Hungary. Though Venice is/was popular, and the whole concept of something Italian coming to Civ 6 would be popular despite it being another European civ.

That really only leaves Sub-Saharan Africa as the next best possibility which can definitely get another civ.

Is it just me or would you want the pack size to be 5 new civs? I like 5s or 10s for final amounts...4 or 8 would just be awkward.
We've always had 8 new civs released in cycles since the base game. You are right that 4 might be awkward but well it was half of 8 which is why I said it.
Of course Civ 5 ended on 43, which was an odd number.

I'm perfectly fine with adding in Austria though as the fifth instead of making Maria Theresa an alternate leader. :D

Last edited:
There is no "we". Everyone would like to see different Civs, many people would like to see just some polishing, and there is a large group that wait for Civ VII ;)
I'm in the team who wants more stuffs to civ 6. Civ 7 propably don't will work well in my old computer, Civ 6 almost don't go well

my biggest issue with anything is civ’s design puts an upper cap on how many civs and famous leaders we can see. Whereas Paradox games encompass the world and every nation as playable, and humankind’s civs are low resource and can easily be pumped out, Civ’s require so much work, especially on the leader animation side.

This means that Civ should aim to last longer with each game so more and more civs can be included. If resources can be upscaled and reused in future games, that would be good too.

This is what Civ needs to look at doing because even at 50 civs, the distribution historically and geographically is frankly atrocious. And as long as they don’t build upon this and just restart for Civ 7, it’s going to likely stay that way cuz there’s a feasible cap on how many civs can be released at a time.

Firaxis should be thinking about updates in expansions from here on out which not only add more features to the game but radically change and replace the features which are now 5 years old. They should refresh and redesign older civs to be more historically accurate and fun to play. They should split up the blob civs here and now into new ones, and add a couple more here and there. Have civ 6 last another 4-5 years. If there’s constant improvement and more civs being added all the way through, I wouldn’t mind.

This means that Civ should aim to last longer with each game so more and more civs can be included.
No. The game already feels bloated.

If resources can be upscaled and reused in future games, that would be good too.
I disagree very strongly. Civ's goal has traditionally been quality over quantity, and it should stay that way.

You cite Paradox and Humankind, but those are very different games.

With a nice round 50 Civs and the game full of more then enough content, I think it would be best to not release any more now and go onto Civ7; otherwise the game will get too saturated with stuff based on existing mechanics. I think leaving Civ6 as it is (at least after the April rebalance patch) for a year or so will be best so we can can get some new mechancis that can't be implemented through optional game modes and the engine at present; such as map changes (altitude/elivation variation comes to mind), more indept climate change (such as desertification, oasification, plate techtonics), city mechanics (like an evolution on the districts system), better barbarians/minor-civs (an evolution on Barbarian Clans). And of course with these you will get more oppotunity to add new civilization unique abilities that you can play around with.

Although I love the new civs and leaders (and really wanted all of those that were included in the NFP in the end) we're just getting another trade civ with a modifier/yeild bonus, +1 movement, +1 vision, +1 housing and gold but no freshwater, +10% yeild in some but -15% in others, +1 great prophet point, +yeild equal to 15% of faith if X etc...

I'm not saying I will say no to another 7 new Civs for Civ6; but I think it's best to quit whilst you're ahead and on a high; leaving something in a good place, rather then going too far to the point of beating a dead horse (in this case, the engine and mechanics of Civ6) to the point where people are turning their nose up at it and start demanding actual new content and a fresh new look and feel. (And gives Civs a chance to re-invent themselves again with the new engine/mechanics)

Otherwise if we get more, I'm hoping for:
A great plains or Pacific/western USA native peoples civ
Switzerland (diplomacy, renting of units for gold, gold/banking bonuses. Can also benefit from mountains, maybe early ski resorts and hostile units take damage within Switzerland's boarders (would have to make them defensive and not expansive and offensive though))
Assyria (I really want Sennacherib's canal and irrigation achivements realised)
Nepal (I love Nepal! I think it would make a great mountain civ which is not Inca or Mapuche*. The Gurkhas would be great to represent too)
Burma/Myanmar/Pagan (although, due to current events this might not be such a good choice...)

No. The game already feels bloated.

I disagree very strongly. Civ's goal has traditionally been quality over quantity, and it should stay that way.

You cite Paradox and Humankind, but those are very different games.
I cannot agree more with everything you've said. -it is now bloated for what mechanics they can utilize and make unique, they need a fresh start and a new set of mechanics to "ease the bloating" once again and grow into.

Firaxis should be thinking about updates in expansions from here on out which not only add more features to the game but radically change and replace the features which are now 5 years old. They should refresh and redesign older civs to be more historically accurate and fun to play. They should split up the blob civs here and now into new ones, and add a couple more here and there. Have civ 6 last another 4-5 years. If there’s constant improvement and more civs being added all the way through, I wouldn’t mind.
I don't really see what blob civs there really are to split up, other than possibly India, but I don't see them making a separate Maurya civ and Republic of India civ at least for Civ 6?
I think the main ones from Civ 5: the Celts and Polynesia, have been rectified with Gaul and the Maori.

Assyria (I really want Sennacherib's canal and irrigation achivements realised)
Babylon says hi. :lol:
Honestly the way they designed Babylon is probably the closest thing to Assyria we are getting in Civ 6, unfortunately.

Last edited:
Top Bottom