[NFP] Civilization VI: Possible New Civilizations Thread

A quick list of what I'd like

Berbers or Morocco
Iroquois, Navajo, Comanche, or Tlingit
Hawaiian or Samoan (more navalized than Maori)
Assyria or Hittites
Madagascar
Mughals
Medieval/Renaissance Italian city-state civ or Kingdom of Italy
Nepal

Alt-leader: Egyptian Pharaoh (whichever gender, but must be ancient)

I suppose I ought to join the wishlist bandwagon

Token American Civs
Iroquois led by Joseph Brant (I'm from upstate New York so I'm kind of required to want the Iroquois)
Haiti led by Toussaint Louverture

Generic European Peeps
Italy led by Lorenzo de Medici (My 1/8 Italian is acting up right now ngl)
Austria led by Maria Theresa

Unnecessary Mesopotamian Civs
Hittites led by Puduhepa (one of my favorite empires in history)
Alternate Egyptian Leader (literally anyone from the Bronze Age, please)

African Civs (Yes, plural. Africa deserves more representation)
Morocco (I don't really care who leads them)
Madagascar led by Ranavalona

Whatever Asian Civ
Timurids led by Tamerlane or something

My Wishlist would be:
Swahili (Kilwa/Zanzibar)
Hittites or Assyria
Bulgars
Burmese
Haudenosaunee, Navajo, Lakota or another Native American civ
Charlemagne as a leader for France and Germany
Finland
Berbers or Morocco
A central Asian civ, like the Timurids or something similar.

If it were to follow a similar pattern to the NFP:

1st pack:
Swahili coast and Berbers/Morocco

2nd pack:
Finland
+ 2 personas, for which I'd like to see Peter (In his armour with a more Military focus, to reflect his reforming and modernizing of the Russian Army) and Saladin (Again in armour with a more military focus, to reflect his military command)

3rd pack:
Burmese and Timurids (or other CA civ)

4th pack:
The Native American Civ

5th pack:
Bulgars and Charlemagne

6th pack:
Hittites/Assyria (To again end on a much requested civ)

To those saying Hittites or Assyria: ¿Por qué no los dos? ;)
Possible, but I think that one would limit the chances of the other, both being more Militaristic ME civs. Personally I think the Hittites have more chance, as we already have Babylon and Sumer for Mesopotamia.

Possible, but I think that one would limit the chances of the other, both being more Militaristic ME civs. Personally I think the Hittites have more chance, as we already have Babylon and Sumer for Mesopotamia.

I hear you but truly nearly any civ can fill nearly any niche. Hittites could just as easily be a Religion or Production or Science based civ, right?

I hear you but truly nearly any civ can fill nearly any niche. Hittites could just as easily be a Religion or Production or Science based civ, right?
Or all three of those combined. :mischief:

- Anishinaabe: Pontiac (need more indigenous North Americans imo, Anishinaabe would be novel)
Virtually all the other Odawa chiefs and the other chiefs involved in Pontiac's Rebellion agreed that Pontiac was a reckless glory-hound. I think he'd be a poor choice.

Possible, but I think that one would limit the chances of the other, both being more Militaristic ME civs.
There's plenty of room for a cultural/builder Assyria.

Personally I think the Hittites have more chance, as we already have Babylon and Sumer for Mesopotamia.
And we already have Byzantium and the Ottomans in northwestern Anatolia so from a TSL perspective (which I don't think is very relevant) it works out about the same.

I'd say my remaining wishlist is the following:

Hawaii
Burma/Siam
Navajo
Haida/Tlingit
Swahili
Morocco
Italy/Finland
Timurids
Alt Leader for either Egypt or Persia

Did they announce another season pass is likely, or are y'all just nerdin' out?
Somewhat nerding out: These are just lists of what we would want from a hypothetical second pass.

I joined civfanatics in 2013 but never posted a wishlist until now...

Iroquois or maybe the Comanche
Haida
Hawaii
The Hittites (honestly surprised they've only appeared once, they seem like a pretty big one to leave out)
Assyria
Mutapa / Medieval Zimbabwe / something from South African that's not like colonial South Africa
Morocco
Swahili blob since Zanzibar, Mombasa, etc won't ever appear as their own like Venice
The Moche or Sican even though they don't have a leader I can think of
Safavid or Qajar Persia or alt leaders for Persia literally anything besides keeping Persia as only ever Achaemenid

Somewhat nerding out: These are just lists of what we would want from a hypothetical second pass.

Well, in that case:

Assyria - no leader preference, but I want that Seige Engine back!
Hittites - Puduhepa
Chola - Rajaraja
Benin - Idia and a Bronze Works that can create Benin Bronzes great works.
Sicily - Roger II
Haida - I don't know enough to suggest a leader.

That's enough for new civs IMHO. It's getting bloaty. I'd rather see more extra leaders for older civs:

Egypt: Djoser with Imhotep as a unique governor.
Russia: Olga. Make the Lavra uniquely hers and give Russia either the Kremlin, a unique City Center building (if that's possible), or an Ostrog UI.
Persia: Abbas. It's time for a Safavid.
Germany and Hungary: Maria Theresa. Diplomatic Marriage would work really well as a contrast to both Holy Roman Emperor and Raven King. (Edit: Also put her sons in the background looking all impatient. :lol:)

Last edited:
My hopes remain mostly the same since the last few announcements (I'm all about filling in the map):
Haudenosaunee
Assyria or Hittites
Burma
Nepal or Tibet or Bhutan (Lets get some Himalayan love in this game!)
Morocco
Navajo (I want two {or more!} civs from North America)
Caribs or Taino
Swahili or Madagascar
Wildcards:
Tupi, Minoans, Ireland, Timurids, Romania

And tbh it's good but not "I'm going to sacrifice two cities good"...I just can't get past it being so absurdly expensive when I could just build more cities...

The point is to make Tall Play viable, since you don't have the need to build any more settlers in a Tall game; the unique neighborhood can also offer +1 district slot to supercharge the few cities you have.

Again, if you are an advocate of "the more cities the better" then these points are not viable.

Dunno about Civs yet, but I certainly would welcome a pre-Ptolemaic alternate Pharaoh for Egypt. A ton of material to work with - Thutmose III, Akhenaten, Hatshepsut, Ramesses II, Ahmose I, Mentuhotep II...

Though, to be honest, I would prefer an alternate leader for Persia. A post-Achaemenid one. Like Egypt, a ton of material is available - there are many interesting leaders among Sassanids, Safavids, Afsharids and other dynaties - we speak of Shapur I, Shapur II, Khosrow I, Khosrow II, Abbas the Great, Nader Shah... I actually think a post-Achaemenid Persian alternate leader would be preferable to an Egyptian alternate leader - we've had pre-Ptolemaic Egyptian rulers in Civ, but we've never had a post-Achaemenid Persian leader.

For me, the problem I've found when trying to find leaders for Finland, is that I find less contemporary leaders preferable on the whole. Finland struggles there. We could have a mythological character like Väinämöinen, interesting for sure, but probably not what this community wants. I'm not aware of any historical Finnish leaders from before the conquest by Sweden. During Swedish rule there is Jaakko Ilkka, but he was just a rebel who never ruled anything. Mannerheim is really the only option I can see them going for. For one thing he is probably the only leader of the country of much interest to anyone outside Finland.

Top Bottom