Civilizations Reborn

How do I download the Scenarios? I tried copy pasting the first part but the game is all messed up and the Incas start in France, the Italians in China and many other things.

I'm running into an error with the 1st Inuit UHV. The victory screen shows I completed it by turn 211, but then says I've failed it when I complete said turn. I've tested the turn before using World Builder with the same result.

Attachments

• Aua Bronze Age Turn 211.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1 MB · Views: 143
Is there an issue with most of the UHVs for the additional civilizations? Whenever I seem to complete them, I get the check marks but it either says I failed them or still haven't completed them once the victory year passes.

Is there an issue with most of the UHVs for the additional civilizations? Whenever I seem to complete them, I get the check marks but it either says I failed them or still haven't completed them once the victory year passes.
That's possible. For example when I played with the Maya I just sent a caravel to Europe in 1300 AD and I finally mad contact with Portugal and Spain and then I pressed finish turn and the game crashed. Thankfully I saved the game before I would have won and next time the game didn't crash. I have no idea what could be causing the bug you described but hopefully it will be fixed at some point.

That's possible. For example when I played with the Maya I just sent a caravel to Europe in 1300 AD and I finally mad contact with Portugal and Spain and then I pressed finish turn and the game crashed. Thankfully I saved the game before I would have won and next time the game didn't crash. I have no idea what could be causing the bug you described but hopefully it will be fixed at some point.
If it gets fixed it'll have to be fixed by you or someone else who's similarly invested in this mod. As I've touched on before, I've ceased all development for the foreseeable future in order to incentivize people to playtest DoC

I just started playing this and I love it so far! If this isn't too much of a necro, I wanted to ask if this is still being developed. Also, if it's possible to use the same graphics package as DoC uses instead of the bright green grassland of the default game.

I just started playing this and I love it so far! If this isn't too much of a necro, I wanted to ask if this is still being developed. Also, if it's possible to use the same graphics package as DoC uses instead of the bright green grassland of the default game.
It's not being developed at the moment, I'm currently waiting until the next release of DoC to restart development, though I'll likely start back up from scratch as I tend to do.

I noticed in world builder that the Celts have Collins as their leader and are called the Irish, but never seem to spawn in (1700 ad start date)

Hi, I’m trying to try this mod out, and running into the Steam “path too long” error, the old link from Leoreth isn’t working for me, I suspect due to the last Civfanatics site migration. Does anyone have an updated link to that guide, or could walk me through it themselves?
Update: not sure how but I got it to work!

Last edited:
Recently I was shocked by the existence of this modmod. So many civilizations, so much new content. I like it so much that in addition to the implementation of the movement of history, which Leoreth took care of, many other civilizations have also been added here, which allow you to start the game as any of them and observe many neighbors around you, with whom you can both be friends and enemies. No civilization is deprived of the opportunity to engage in foreign policy.
But I faced the fact that the turns is very slow. Most likely the fact is that the modules of the mod are written in python. Although maybe you can tell me how to speed up the mod?
This evokes the thought of a natural limitation in the development of the mod. As we develop the story and add new content, we will only notice the game slowing down. But I have an idea how to solve this problem:
You can add a complex function to the mod to dynamically change the detailing of history depending on the selected civilization. A great example is South America.
South America in the original DOC is implemented as follows - various minor cultures appear as independent cities. After that, the Incas appear and capture them. End. For Europeans, and even more so for Asians, this is more than enough. The history of this region, if you do not start the game as an American civilization, can go exactly like this.
But if you start the game as Native Americans, then the history of this region can be as detailed as it is in Civ Reborn. Norte Chico, Tiwanaku, Wari, Chimu, Muisca, Incas. But for them, detailing the histories of other regions will be less important.
Therefore, I suggest changing the level of detail of the history of different regions depending on the region of your civilization. At the moment of the era of colonization, the history of the entire planet becomes less detailed and similar to the original DOC.

Top Bottom