Clown Car III: Who's Laughing Now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well since the New York Times is fake news according to none other than the Supreme Leader himself... all his denials about collusion in the New York Times are automatically fake news as well.
In the same interview he also goes out of his way to say that even if there was collusion, it is not a crimes according to Fox & Friends. He actually cited F&F for legal theory
Well what choice does he have when everyone else is fake news?... he has reduced himself to one source of authority.
This is why I prefer CBC Newsworld and Southam News. But there not American news outlets, so they don't "exist" to most Americans on the radar. But there are alternatives to the U.S. news media Americans themselves constants complain about having as choices, and they're not all Pravda, Xinhua, Al-Jazeera, or the Korean State News Agency.

al-Jazeera America was a great news channel, until it went tits-up.

al-Jazeera America was a great news channel, until it went tits-up.
What I love about CBC Newsworld is that Donald Trump's face is NOT front and centre on the main website's homepage EVERYDAY, with 20 to 30 articles doting on or excoriating him EVERYDAY.

Doting? Where did you see one of those?

J
Fox "News" has some doting articles. So did Breitbart "News" until Bannon was fired from his cushy White House job.

Fox news is a Liberal Cesspool!

Fox "News" has some doting articles. So did Breitbart "News" until Bannon was fired from his cushy White House job.
I pay no attention to Breitbart and I don't get broadcast or cable news. Still, I have not seen a doting clips from Fox. The closest would be a Trump-had-a-good-year stories that are cropping up. It suffices to say you have to go hunting for them.

J

he has reduced himself to one source of authority.
As I highlighted last night, he speaks about ‘people who really know’ and the like because he himself has no clue.
I pay no attention to Breitbart and I don't get broadcast or cable news. Still, I have not seen a doting clips from Fox. The closest would be a Trump-had-a-good-year stories that are cropping up. It suffices to say you have to go hunting for them.
Not if, say, you curate your Facebook feed so that all that shows up is Trump-had-a-good-year stories.

BBC said:
Trump adviser George Papadopoulos allegedly told Australia's top UK diplomat that Moscow had incriminating "dirt" on Hillary Clinton.

The newspaper alleges the revelation came "during a night of heavy drinking" in London in May 2016.

Australia later informed the FBI.

The New York Times report claims that the exchange was the spark for establishing a secret investigation into possible connections between Russia and the Trump campaign in July 2016.

The newspaper's story cites four anonymous American and Australian foreign officials "with direct knowledge of the Australian's role" as its source.

The BBC has not independently verified the claims.
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-42525880

Who's laughing now?
Probably not Papadopoulos!

That's true. Mill and Locke would have more in common with libertarians than "liberals".

J

Not in this universe. "Libertarians" have abandoned everything classical liberals stood for. Liberals are a direct descendant of it.

As I highlighted last night, he speaks about ‘people who really know’ and the like because he himself has no clue.

Not if, say, you curate your Facebook feed so that all that shows up is Trump-had-a-good-year stories.
I hit Facebook about once a month. I don't even have a feed there. That said, Trump did have a good year, so such stories are not hard to find. Even negative stories, like this op/ed piece from the Baltimore Sun, admit there is a significant list of accomplishments.
http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/opinion/oped/bs-ed-op-1231-goldberg-trump-20171227-story.html

That's an analytical observation. For many, particularly liberals and Democrats, Mr. Trump's first year hasn't been merely bad. It's a great evil, a grievous wound to the American body politic. But even that is a kind of partisan tribute to what's been accomplished on his watch: a record number of judicial appointments, including a Supreme Court justice; the defeat of Islamic State; repeal of the Obamacare individual mandate; tax reform; and major rollbacks of various regulations, from arctic drilling to net neutrality.
I get that you do not like it, but it's there regardless. Facts are stubborn that way.

J

I hit Facebook about once a month. I don't even have a feed there. That said, Trump did have a good year, so such stories are not hard to find. Even negative stories, like this op/ed piece from the Baltimore Sun, admit there is a significant list of accomplishments.
http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/opinion/oped/bs-ed-op-1231-goldberg-trump-20171227-story.html

That's an analytical observation. For many, particularly liberals and Democrats, Mr. Trump's first year hasn't been merely bad. It's a great evil, a grievous wound to the American body politic. But even that is a kind of partisan tribute to what's been accomplished on his watch: a record number of judicial appointments, including a Supreme Court justice; the defeat of Islamic State; repeal of the Obamacare individual mandate; tax reform; and major rollbacks of various regulations, from arctic drilling to net neutrality.
I get that you do not like it, but it's there regardless. Facts are stubborn that way.

J
That's once a month more than I touch Facebook. And, for the record, Robert Mugabe, Muamar Gadaffi, and the Kim Family of North Korea have had "good years" on record too...

I get that you do not like it, but it's there regardless. Facts are stubborn that way.J

Did you read your own article ?
Or did you double think away all the parts bashing Trump ?

there's remarkably little testimony that Mr. Trump has involved himself in the process of governing. Tax reform was carried across the finish line by the GOP congressional leadership. Net neutrality was repealed by independent Republicans at the Federal Communications Commission.
less attributable to sudden mastery of the issues than to staying out of the way of rank-and-file Republican policymakers, activists and bureaucrats.
When Mr. Trump was "hands-on" with Obamacare repeal, he often revealed he didn't even know what was in the legislation.
which is why the GOPfaces a potential bloodbath in the 2018 midterms.

Did you read your own article? Or did you double think away all the parts bashing Trump ?
You saw the part where I said it was a negative article, right? In any debate, an admission against interest is strong evidence. The author is anti-Trump, but he admits he has been effective.

That's once a month more than I touch Facebook. And, for the record, Robert Mugabe, Muamar Gadaffi, and the Kim Family of North Korea have had "good years" on record too...
I don't deny it. Succeeding at a bad thing is success, but it's also a bad thing.

J

You saw the part where I said it was a negative article, right? In any debate, an admission against interest is strong evidence. The author is anti-Trump, but he admits he has been effective. I don't deny it. Succeeding at a bad thing is success, but it's also a bad thing. J

Let me unpack this.
Firstly the writter is a Neo-Con, Conservative (we are off to a great start)
Secondly is it any suprise he would attribute the archivements away from Trump and attribute it to the Republican Party.
Thirdly the bashing is because he is a Never Trumper.

So the GOP have had massive success but are going to have a bloodbath in the mid terms
This make sense right J ?

Jonah Jacob Goldberg (born March 21, 1969) is an American conservative syndicated columnist, author, and commentator. Goldberg writes about politics and culture for The Los Angeles Times, where he is a weekly opinion columnist, and National Review, where he is a Senior Editor. He is the author of Liberal Fascism (2008) and The Tyranny of Cliches: How Liberals Cheat in the War of Ideas (2012).He was a supporter of the Iraq War and has advocated for American military intervention elsewhere in the world. He has defended historical colonialism in places such as Africa

Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump criticized Goldberg, referring to him as "truly odious", and sarcastically called him "brilliant" for wrongly predicting that Trump would probably withdraw from the race rather than file financial disclosures

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jonah_Goldberg

Let me unpack this.
Firstly the writter is a Neo-Con, Conservative (we are off to a great start)
Secondly is it any suprise he would attribute the archivements away from Trump and attribute it to the Republican Party.
Thirdly the bashing is because he is a Never Trumper.

So the GOP have had massive success but are going to have a bloodbath in the mid terms
This make sense right J ?
You make a good case that he is a never-Trump conservative. Not all Trump haters are in the liberal media, though in this case he does happen to be media. I do not get the neo-con reference. Is that supposed to be bad? Are you saying that the Republicans had a big year, that Trump had a big year, or both?

Was there a point in there anywhere, because I don't see one.

J

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom