Colonialist Legacies' Republic of the Philippines for VP

Courtesy of Blursed Potato Sack, I am uploading some text and graphical fixes for the Philippines.

I just noticed that I used Jose Rizal for Manila CS in CSL modmod. What CS do you set instead? Is there any art for the leader maybe? If not, can you help me find good substitute?
Did you notice any other inconsistency with your civilizations?

I added compatibility for Canada (2 CSs), Sumer, Israel and Timurids much earlier.

@Hinin I saw you've made some civ, too! Maybe you could add something?
@gwennog I saw you also added some civs. How do they perform? Did you check any other civ?

I once played with Papal States (by @HungryForFood) and Tibet, Durrani and Flanders (by @hokath). All of them have CSL compatibility. Do you maybe know if they are still up to date? @hokath is out for a while and I suppose his civs are not ready to play with VP 2.0.2. What other civs would you recommend?

Is anyone of you using CSL?

Last edited:
Manila is replaced with Taipei.

In the near future I am going to be releasing a Hittite mod, which means that two of my current city-state replacements, Wilusa and Hattusa, will have to be changed as well.

I am thinking I will switch Wilusa with K’Yuusda (Haida city from western Canada), and Hattusa with Yucu Dzaa (Mixtec capital in southern Mexico)

edit: Wilusa is not in the Hittite city list, so that doesn’t need to be replaced.

Last edited:
@Hinin I saw you've made some civ, too! Maybe you could add something?
@gwennog I saw you also added some civs. How do they perform? Did you check any other civ?

None of the civs we did have a link with the City-State list, except Quebec City for our Louisiana mod, which is already covered.
There are three incoming civs we have been working on :
- the Imazighen (Berbers) : no CState to replace (released soon)
- Switzerland : Geneva will have to replaced
- Ukraine : Kiev will have to be replaced

In the near future I am going to be releasing a Hittite mod, which means that two of my current city-state replacements, Wilusa and Hattusa, will have to be changed as well.

I am thinking I will switch Wilusa with K’Yuusda (Haida city from western Canada), and Hattusa with Yucu Dzaa (Mixtec capital in southern Mexico)
Do you have an art for Taipei maybe?

Last edited:
None of the civs we did have a link with the City-State list, except Quebec City for our Louisiana mod, which is already covered.
There are three incoming civs we have been working on :
- the Imazighen (Berbers) : no CState to replace (released soon)
- Switzerland : Geneva will have to replaced
- Ukraine : Kiev will have to be replaced
Then think carefuly about the substitutes and prepare some ideas (for CSL, UCS).

How is the state of current civs with VP 2.0? I read about some AI for custom civs?

edit: Wilusa is not in the Hittite city list, so that doesn’t need to be replaced.
What mod introduces Wilusa or Hattusa? I don't know them, and probably never seen them in game.

How is the state of current civs with VP 2.0?
With gwennog, we worked on six custom civs this year :
- Brittany
- Corsica
- The Ainus
- Scotland
- Louisiana
- The Hisatsinom (ancient Puebloans)

We didn't have to reupload the civs since the great merge, because they only asked for (1) and (2) for the requirement (although some wouldn't have worked with the CSDiplomacy mod), and for now none have broken.

With gwennog, we worked on six custom civs this year :
- Brittany
- Corsica
- The Ainus
- Scotland
- Louisiana
- The Hisatsinom (ancient Puebloans)

We didn't have to reupload the civs since the great merge, because they only asked for (1) and (2) for the requirement (although some wouldn't have worked with the CSDiplomacy mod), and for now none have broken.
Are they tested or maybe fresh ones? I saw some of them uploaded already.

Why Louisiana or Puebloans?

Are they tested or maybe fresh ones? I saw some of them uploaded already.
I don't think we should pollute this thread with unrelated discussions. We can talk in pm or on discord if you want.

Why in main menu where you can choose your civilization leader of Philippines is named "Rizal" instead of "José Protasio Mercado Rizal de Alejandro, Lam-co Alonso de la Rosa, y Realonda de Quintos"? Why it is shortened to only surname?

A partial name is consistent with many of the base leaders. Napoleon is not Napoleon Bonaparte in civ, he's just "Napoleon". George Washington is just "Washington". Elizabeth Tudor is just "Elizabeth". Sometimes it's a first name or a last name, whichever is more recognizable, but full names are rarely used unless one name is not recognizable enough on its own (Haile Selassie). Regnal names or formal names with numbers are used sometimes (Pedro II), but sometimes they aren't if

There isn't much of a rule, and the original modder, TPangolin, went with just "Rizal".

Middle of playing a game with Philippines and really enjoying the design of the civ; modifies my playstyle without feeling like I'm forced to do so. I think I discovered a bug; I'm able to upgrade Explorers to Katipunero before opening an Industrial policy tree. I was 3/5 or 4/5 Artistry; highest level tech was Banking. MODs are 3/4 UC, Unique City States, Wonders Expanded, and number of custom civs compatible with 3/4 UC. Could dummy policies be the culprit?

I'm not one to exploit something like this but the thought of carpet bombing the map with scout units twice as strong as contemporary land units is intriguing.

Very curious. Are you able to build the katipunero, or only upgrade into them?

Dummy policies shouldn't be an issue. The katipunero is unlocked only if you have opened up one of the 3 industrial policy branches; it does not check for how many policies you have adopted, and dummy policies shouldn't be assigned to a policy branch.

Top Bottom