Colonialist Legacies' Tlingit for VP

And two - in latest release instead of hit UB I am getting something like TXT_HELP_BUILDING_SAHIGAHPHSAHASDASHAUHSUHAUGSIAGYISA. Some long ass name with capital letters. Is the game shouting at me? :(
Investigating bugs. It seems every new version, the dependencies list changes, so I need to update the civs' dependencies.

Are you using VP 01/15? The newest version of the Tlingit UB adds a new table introduced in the newest VP version, and the text is below the new table in the .sql file. If the old version of VP isn't recognizing the new ITREnd table, then it would abort the sql at that point, and you have no text.

EDIT: ....Nope. Cannot reproduce

I just downloaded G's newest hotfix and the 4UC stuff appears just fine. The text for the Hit looks just fine too. I think you guys are just using old installs, perhaps?
I fired up a game and the lua works perfectly, which makes sense because I haven't touched Tlingit's UA in 3 versions now.

If you guys want to use the old version of the tlingit, just instal the previous version from the resource history on the download page.

Last edited:
Ahh. Yeah, the newest version adds 25:c5production: to ITRs (like a mini-workshop) to the Hit. That's the only change. Just use the version of the civ 1 version prior, and everything should work fine.

Why would you play a custom civ with 43 civ version? That kinda defeats the purpose, doesn’t it?

now i've gone back to the non-43 version and it won't work despite working once before.

edit: this problem only seems to happen with version 6. version 5 works perfectly.

Last edited:
V5 is compatible with VP 12-8 and later
V6 is compatible with VP 01-15
If you are having problems with V6 it is because you are using a slightly out of date VP beta install

now i've gone back to the non-43 version and it won't work despite working once before.

edit: this problem only seems to happen with version 6. version 5 works perfectly.
Same here, have VP 1-15-2 and v6 Tlingit. Only 2 UU.

If this continues to be a problem, I would recommend simply removing the conditional trigger which adds/removes the 4UC components. You can do this by going into the CBO_Compatibility folder, and removing the "WHERE EXISTS" conditions at lines 7 and 23 of Updates.sql. Just remember not to delete the semi-colon.

I will reiterate that I cannot replicate your problems; there's nothing on my end to suggest the mod isn't working as intended.

maybe it has to do with the German Teutonic Order? I removed those lines and now it works with 1-15-2 regular and 43civ version.

1) it worked after the changes you proposed
2) UA works as well, it may have also worked previously, just the dummy building you were talking about is not being displayed on city screen (as below)

3) as for UA - with recent :c5happy: tweaks, it's just too much :c5food:. Sending caravan to new city, it grew to 5:c5citizen: in like 10 turns, which resulted in :c5unhappy:. It will be much nicer later on, when I can transport :c5production: and get food as bonus, but 18:c5citizen: on turn 50 is just too much. And yes, I rolled extreme case of fish abundance on purpose :)

1) it worked after the changes you proposed
Once again, can't replicate here. I'm glad it's working for you
2) UA works as well, it may have also worked previously, just the dummy building you were talking about is not being displayed on city screen (as below)
It was always working; I didn't touch anything
3) as for UA - with recent :c5happy: tweaks, it's just too much :c5food:. Sending caravan to new city, it grew to 5:c5citizen: in like 10 turns, which resulted in :c5unhappy:. It will be much nicer later on, when I can transport :c5production: and get food as bonus, but 18:c5citizen: on turn 50 is just too much. And yes, I rolled extreme case of fish abundance on purpose :)
This might be the case where not playing with 4UC actually hurts a custom civ the most. The Hit allows :c5production: ITRs, so there's less chance of the :c5food: from fishing boats to compound and cause trouble if you use those. More hammers never hurt anyone. On the other hand, the only reason this becomes such a problem in the first place is because the Duk gets your fishing boats up so fast... You usually wouldn't be in a situation where you have enough fish to cause a disaster without a) a really lucky start and b) buying plots, and c) 4UC's UU.

However, the best strategy is usually to focus ETRs initially, since the UA also boosts those. The :c5culture:/:c5science: benefits of an early ETR to a major civ would usually be of more value to you early. So basically, you're telling me that you intentionally tried to max the :c5food: output of the civ, even though I put several breaks directly into the civ's kit so that players wouldn't feel incentivized to do that.

I mean, sure, you could sabotage yourself with :c5food:ITRs with any other civ too.

Last edited:
OK, I forgot Hit is giving :c5production: trade possibility. And yes, I was rerolling few times to see how civ is going to behave in extreme conditions. well, not even extreme, just very good. I think AI early on is not going to think "lets not make this ITR, as it may throw me into well of unhapiness without escape". BTW - does AI understand UA?

Also I did that to check how OP/UP can it be, as my next game I plan to go heavy into trade with recent TR boosts and Tlingit was my candidate next to Ottomans.

BTW - does AI understand UA
The UA is implemented via lua, so the AI doesn't interact with it at all. No.

That said, because the ITR yields are distributed via dummy buildings, the AI can accurately assess how much :c5production:/:c5food: is being added to the city, even if it can't exactly interpret the source. The AI can make decisions based off at least some information, then.

Pineappledan, big fan of your custom civs here, do you have any plans about the Inuit civ you talked about some months ago?
really would love to see an arctic based civs

Me porting an Inuit civ is contingent on me being able to convince another modder to make a dog sled unit model, or me learning to do 3D unit modelling and doing it myself.

In other words, doing an Inuit civ is on indefinite hold because the art assets do not exist for me to be able to do a job I could be happy with

Hi, I really love this custom civ because it really fits my style (I love coastal monopolies and being isolated), however I'm having a small problem with the UI.
The icon of Noow is not showing on my strategic view, so I can't see the worker's progress, and the built Noow's icon. Thank you.

The icon of Noow is not showing on my strategic view, so I can't see the worker's progress, and the built Noow's icon. Thank you.
Lol, TPang's code is a bit of a mess sometimes... It seems he made strategic view art assets for both the UU and the UI, but he never bothered to actually reference them :p. That's better than the Canada mod at least; I had to make new icons for the Voyageur from scratch. Give me a few minutes and I'll push an update with both of those.

Edit: Updated. I haven't tested it, but it was a relatively easy fix

Last edited:
It works on strategic view, but the graphics (for Noow) on normal game view is no longer showing.

Top Bottom