Computer Questions Not Worth Their Own Thread II

I tried the right-click/save video and it uploaded but it went without the captions.
Chances are they use the same caption system, or a similar one. The link you posted has the time-stamped captions at the very bottom, can you copy-paste them into the captioning system on YouTube?

Chances are they use the same caption system, or a similar one. The link you posted has the time-stamped captions at the very bottom, can you copy-paste them into the captioning system on YouTube?
How do I do that?

How do I do that?

Go to your Creator Studio. Click on Videos on the left. Then at the bottom left click Creator Studio Classic (the subtitle feature is missing from the beta). When it converts, you'll see that your video has an Edit button. Click the arrow next to it. Then click Subtitles/CC.

Go to your Creator Studio. Click on Videos on the left. Then at the bottom left click Creator Studio Classic (the subtitle feature is missing from the beta). When it converts, you'll see that your video has an Edit button. Click the arrow next to it. Then click Subtitles/CC.

After having gone to Studio classic: where would the edit button appear?

Nvm I figured it out, thanks.

We can tell from the dates shown in the picture that you were already a member here. Interesting.

We can tell from the dates shown in the picture that you were already a member here. Interesting.

Zoom in on that reflection, Skully

Hey! If anything I'm the Mulder of the duo.

Those videos are unlisted personal videos. :) The ones from, *gags*, my days as a YouTuber are long gone. Thankfully.

Would a PC laptop or a MacBook Pro be better for programming ?

Edit: Linux isn’t going to happen so don’t recommend it.

My initial instinct is to say Windows, because that's what most software is geared towards. But I don't program. I could ask a friend who does, but I think I already know his answer (he has a, shall we say, strong aversion to Apple).

Would a PC laptop or a MacBook Pro be better for programming ?
To build on Synsensa's post, for whom are you going to program? What OS will the end-users be using?

As much as I might prefer Linux, Windows is the default standard by market share.

Mac can do both, so...

I'm biased because when it comes to laptops I will always choose Apple, but if your budget is the same regardless of OS then yeah, no real reason not to as long as the main reason is not video game related. MacBooks are badass.

Thanks everyone. Among a similar vein, what programming language(s) are best for IT work?

Thanks everyone. Among a similar vein, what programming language(s) are best for IT work?
The answer to this, even more than to your last question, is it depends what you want to make. One of the most important skills in programming is choosing the correct tool for the job. However, if you are developing on windows with Visual Studio for most applications C# will do the job and give you reasonable productivity. Python is great for small tasks and prototyping and has good wrappers for tools such as machine learning. For platform independent stuff, particularly for web servers, I like Java. If you want high performance you probably want C / C++. I use R for data analysis.

Ah, one more question I just thought of (should be the last one, sorry). How powerful of a computer should I buy ?

Mandatory SSD. I think 16gb minimum RAM and a decently strong CPU are both good for programming, depending on what exactly you're doing. I mean some stuff doesn't take any resources at all, but if you have to render/compile stuff then strong CPU will shine.

Top Bottom