1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Computer Questions Not Worth Their Own Thread II

Discussion in 'Computer Talk' started by Methos, Oct 7, 2009.

1. shadowplay

shadowplay (boss music)

The battery on my tablet swelled up and popped the back lid off.

2. Michkov

Michkov Emperor

Put it on hard standing, sand will do too, without anything around and walk away. Next you look up how to dispose of bloated batteries in your general area.

3. Samson

Samson Deity

How do I uninstall Civ 4 Colonization?

I have tried using Control Panel > Programs and Features as described here. I click on Uninstall and nothing happens. I cannot see an uninstall program in the install directory. I could just delete the folder, but that is not always the best idea. I cannot find the Disk right now, but probably could.

4. Michkov

Michkov Emperor

Look in the install folder for an uninstall exe. Having deleted entire Civ game folders manually in the past, the worst that happens it that file associations are broken. So I'd just delete the folder if you cant find an uninstaller in it's folder.

Samson likes this.
  5. aimeeandbeatles

aimeeandbeatles watermelon

On Windows 10, is there any way to disable the thumbnails when hovering over a taskbar button? I tried changing ExtendedUIHoverTime in the registry but it didn't work.

EDIT: I was able to change the behaviour with 7+ Taskbar Tweaker.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2020