• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Concours Eurovision?

mitsho

Deity
I can't believe it, there's no thread about the Miss-Europe Contest, eh sorry, Concours Eurovision de la Chanson. Or I think, they renamed it, isn't it now something like Eurovision Song contest or alike? Well, nevertheless, was nobody watching this soap-pop contest?

Although I find, it's a shame what they sing in there (Poplovesong with drums and wild dancing after another with a few 'comical' songs in between), I've got to watch it today. I mean, there are so many nice girls to look at .... :)

I'm glad Estonia, eh Switzerland made it into the final today. At least, we're not going to make zeropoints again as the last 3 or 4 times we participated. (the reason for the ones who don't know: This year we have concentrated on what we Swiss really can, we bought some singers from Estonia who sing for us... :))

What's your opinion on that soap-pop-event?

mitsho

It's a dismal showcase about all that is wrong with music today. But Terry Wogan making jokes about the Latvian's dress sense (or whatever) provides a few laughs, in the UK anyway.

View this year's selection here. I fear the Albanian entry is relying on her cleavage a bit too much, but I guess it never stopped a popstar before.

Didn't you Swiss once allow Celine Dion to sing, mitsho?

Yeah, and that was the only reason why we won once this event :D.
The event is just so silly, but nevertheless, it's fun to watch (for laughs and for sexy views... :))

Good night mitsho

Do you know the date of this year's Eurovision song contest ?

By the way Mitsho, I'm rather surprised you've written it in French in the title of this thread "Concours Eurovision". Actually, I always thought you were a German Swiss !

It may have been some kind of semifinals today. The finals are at saturday.

And it's really, really bad. I do my best to avoid seeing it.

Why can't they get some real songs in there, where we could actually vote for the best, instead of the least bad?

Scuffer said:
It's a dismal showcase about all that is wrong with music today. But Terry Wogan making jokes about the Latvian's dress sense (or whatever) provides a few laughs, in the UK anyway.

View this year's selection here. I fear the Albanian entry is relying on her cleavage a bit too much, but I guess it never stopped a popstar before.

Didn't you Swiss once allow Celine Dion to sing, mitsho?
And where might one procure pictures of this busty Albanian?

Marla_Singer said:
By the way Mitsho, I'm rather surprised you've written it in French in the title of this thread "Concours Eurovision". Actually, I always thought you were a German Swiss !
For some reason, we either say Eurovision Song Contest or Grand Prix/Concours (d`Eurovision de la Chanson). There's no German name for this event...

Its a horrible showcase of bad taste, and I don't even find it funny anymore :(

It's still better than Idol.. At least they make their own songs.

The Israeli girl looks nice :love:

And she can sing too (I hope)!

stormbind said:
(I hope)!
:goodjob:

The Song Contest is booooooooooooooooring.

The Eurovision is the only way known to man to travel back in time.
It's sooooo late 70's.
Thus it's great, when you watch bits of it.
On the interesting side, the song Dragostea Din Tei by O-zone was an Eurovision winner. Funny thing is, I think most people know it by the name of Mia He, Mia who, from the very famous lipsync clip that circulates on the net...

Marla_Singer said:
Do you know the date of this year's Eurovision song contest ?

it's tomorrow, IIRC.

most people in switzerland still think of it as the concours eurovision. since french is a national language, many french terms have found their wey into everyday swiss german conversation (especially in the area of basel).

as for the concours itself: i zapped through it a few times, most entries were as usual pathetic. i found norway's entry quite funny though :rockon: :lol:

I'm personally just thankful that Jordan didn't get the chance to embarass the UK. This is her at the at the UK selection contest

Consenus was that she looked like a giant Tellytubby. She's also 8 months pregnant, which might have put a dent in her dance routines.

kronic said:
:goodjob:

The Song Contest is booooooooooooooooring.
But the new countries from all over Eastern Europe sure love it!:D
And these days one of them will most likely end up winning it. Maybe the Westerners are just a bit envious?:p

Ukraine won last years. They are so wonderfully happy about it, I for one wouldn't have the heart to cancel the thing.:goodjob:

@Marla, I am Swiss German, but

1. you may have heard of the saying "Les bâlois sont les seuls romands qui parlent allemand" (meaning that although we are Swiss German, we mostly act (as example in vote in elections) as the Romands do. :)

2. This event has always been known under the French name, they only lately changed it into English and I sure hate it. The Concours is still the concours for me, we don't have to translate everything into neo-german (=english... :)))

Back to topic, yeah, probably a Eastern state will win this year (or Switzerland which somehow also belongs to the Eastern bloc this year... :D)

mfg mitsho

Scuffer said:
Most of the new countries always vote for their neighbour's anyway, no matter how rubbish the song.

hasn't that always been the case *cough*scandinavia*cough*?

Top Bottom