Conversations: Who's here, Who's not.

I certainly did, but I thought he crossed back north and disappeared.
I was under the impression that you would have passed it along to another American poster, or maybe someone in Europe or Australia.

Only that he would be away for a bit. (At least I think so - it was over a year ago now.)
He disappeared a few months after my mother died, which was in September 2014. I remember this because he sent me an email about that, expressing condolences. I don't remember seeing him on the forum after that.

I still have him. Give me an address and I’ll send him along.

I looked for the old thread, but couldn't find it. If someone can find it, we can rebuild a list of destinations.

Clearly this is something I missed being relatively new, even with my lurker days exceeding my posting days; WTF is the "yeti?" At first I thought you were discussing a poster, but now it seems to be some kind of doll. Or pet, or inside joke. Or an actual yeti living with Owen, which would honestly explain many things.

Please, skilled searchers go to work and find the thread.

Clearly this is something I missed being relatively new, even with my lurker days exceeding my posting days; WTF is the "yeti?" At first I thought you were discussing a poster, but now it seems to be some kind of doll. Or pet, or inside joke. Or an actual yeti living with Owen, which would honestly explain many things.
It was a very fun group project in which a yeti doll was to travel all around the world and his story told in pictures in the thread.

So basically HitchBot? Hopefully no one will murder the yeti like they did HitchBot.

Now I've made myself sad thinking about HitchBot.

And Derrick wins a prize!

What happened to the guy who made all those posts about heading out on the Appalachian Trail with a laptop and a solar panel setup? He started his hike and I don't remember ever seeing an update. This would have been a bunch of years ago

I had no memory of this whatsoever but found this upon searching:

https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/vlogging-the-appalachian-trail.360504/

He seems pretty adamant that he's not going to be posting on forums, so if that's what you were waiting for then you'd have been disappointed. However his YouTube channel (link in the first post) has some updates on it. I briefly perused a couple and it didn't look like he had the best time.

He seemed to be carrying an awful lot of stuff.
He said his rucksack was 54.5 Ib including water plus he was going to carry 6 to 12lb of food which adds upto about 63Ib or 30Kg.
No wonder he stopped after twisting his ankle.

Top Bottom