Cool Pictures XIII: Artistry is Everywhere!

Status
Not open for further replies.
what SHOULD have been

Alien.jpg

Spoiler :

instead of the 90s thing that would have got me to print Wanted posters for a movie director named Fincher , if ı could .

When you're a Great Grey Owl out in the Quebec wilderness, minding your own business, and the paparazzi shows up:

great-grey-owl1.jpg

Hm. This paparazzi's thingamajig might make a decent perch:

great-grey-owl2.jpg

The photographer was accompanied by a few colleagues who told her "DON'T MOVE" when the owl perched on her camera. The first photo is hers; the one above was taken by a colleague.

Source.

They're scary at that scale, but they're not the most disgusting bottom-dwellers on the planet.

George W. Bush shared a painting of Madeleine Albright to honor the former Secretary of State.
madalb.png

Sometimes chairs are built just right, for that perfect nap when you don't feel like lying down:

cat-snoozes-on-chair.jpg

Seize the day!

cat-seizes-the-day.jpg

From my Cheezburger lolcloset:

cat-wants-to-hold-yur-hand.jpg

When you're a Great Grey Owl out in the Quebec wilderness, minding your own business, and the paparazzi shows up:

29 Mar. 2022: Late breaking owl news...

Fossil found on edge of the roof of the world reveals an owl active during the day 6 million years ago
A species of diurnal owls was identified from a piece of fossil found on northeastern edge of the
Qinghai-Xizang Plateau in China, giving clues on how the diurnal birds evolved in the mostly
nocturnal species.

Paleontologists found the newly identified diurnal owl lived around 6 million years ago in the late
Miocene period. The discovery was published on Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the
United States of America (PNAS) on Monday.
oldowl.png

https://www.globaltimes.cn/page/202203/1257145.shtml

29 Mar. 2022: Late breaking owl news...

Fossil found on edge of the roof of the world reveals an owl active during the day 6 million years ago
A species of diurnal owls was identified from a piece of fossil found on northeastern edge of the
Qinghai-Xizang Plateau in China, giving clues on how the diurnal birds evolved in the mostly
nocturnal species.

Paleontologists found the newly identified diurnal owl lived around 6 million years ago in the late
Miocene period. The discovery was published on Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the
United States of America (PNAS) on Monday.
View attachment 623792

https://www.globaltimes.cn/page/202203/1257145.shtml
Beautiful birds.

Beautiful birds.
I'm always suspicious of artist's impressions of creatures based on (necessarily) incomplete fossils.
They might actually have been as horrible looking as blobfish. :)

I'm always suspicious of artist's impressions of creatures based on (necessarily) incomplete fossils.
They might actually have been as horrible looking as blobfish. :)
And then again they wouldn't have looked like fish at all, since most birds and fish can't be mistaken for each other.

Besides, 6 million years is a drop in the bucket when it comes to evolution of some species. There weren't any humans that long ago, but birds and mammals of other species were coming along quite nicely.

And then again they wouldn't have looked like fish at all, since most birds and fish can't be mistaken for each other.

Besides, 6 million years is a drop in the bucket when it comes to evolution of some species. There weren't any humans that long ago, but birds and mammals of other species were coming along quite nicely.
Horrible as, not horrible like. :)

Horrible as, not horrible like. :)
I used to find all owls repulsive (barn owls still give me shivers, due to their looking like a transporter accident between a human face, a heart-shaped cut-open apple, and feathers everywhere else). But due to the influence of Harry Potter, snowy owls no longer freak me out, and Great Horned Owls are actually really impressive. I saw a video of a couple who were rehabilitating an injured one of those, and it was amazing.

If I ever go back to the mall that has the store where I bought my largest penguin, I might get the Great Horned Owl they have. The annoying thing about that place is that they have the kiddy toys displayed prominently, and all the animals have huge, weird, unnatural-looking eyes. I remember walking in there and when the clerk asked if she could help me, I said, "I'm looking for plush penguins that don't look like they're on drugs."

So she took me to the back area where they have the natural-looking plush animals.

cell phone circa 1968 something , apparently from 2001 the Movie ...

va_kubrick_space_odyssey_2001_trade_03.jpg

certainly comes with a camera , and ı think there is a microphone .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom