CRPG

I have only played these games, 5 of them, there will surely be more options. But this is it!

• Arcanum.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Neverwinter Nights series

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

gozpel

Couch-potato (fortified)
These are my fav CRPG games I ever played fully, please vote!

Whats CRPG

Baldur 1 and 2. Perfect mix of gameplay and story. Neverwinter(the mods) and Planescape close behind. Never played much Icewind dale and nver heard of Arcanum.

thanks

I played 3 of them, but can only tick off one. Is that limit intended ?

Or as they say today, Classic RPG. :)

YOUR fav Hrothbern, it is intended.

We also have something called internet and google, maybe that will give you some ideas of games you never played, but want to? Give it a go, bro! :)

Never played it, but did everything with Eye of the Beholder, I didn't mean to reach that far back...

STOP scattering your thoughts of what games, I chose 5! But comments are very likable. :)

I've played all of those (well, I never finished NWN 2). Planescape: Torment still ranks at my favourite game of all time, though Morrowind is a hair's breadth away.

Your poll is missing Dungeon Hack.

:)

And just before that Ultima Underworld: The Stygian Abyss with a lot of riddles as well.
IIRC the first fantasy RPG in 3D
Amazingly possible on the Intel 386 microprocessor

Schermopname (1494).png

All your notes are memorized, what I missed out on and such. Still this poll is about the 5 I gave you!

I have missed A LOT as it seems, rpg is me, but I never had the time to get dedicated to more than a game or two, work comes first and spoil everything, at 2 am in the morning.....

Well kids, time for bed for me, it is late in Australia so best wishes for your day and for me to have a nice sleep.

Don't be scared of the like button, even if I'm an old guy here, the forum doesn't give me any freebies!

There is Planescape : Torment in the poll, and not The Witcher 3. It means it's a no-brainer.

Pool of Radiance is a must-play for CRPG fans.

Computer role playing game. Synonymous I think with W(western)RPG. As opposed to Japanese role playing games like Final fantasy.

In recent times it's blurred a bit. My impression is that people refer to JRPGs when the game is centered more on a group of people progressing through a journey, while a western RPG is typically focused more on an individual character and has different narrative. As a result, Dark Souls would be considered a western-style RPG, even though it was made in Japan.

I must cast my vote for Minsc (and Boo). Evil, meet my sword. Sword, meet evil!

In the updates where you can pick up Baeloth in evil playthrough's he's also fantastic.

I think jrpg means more linear. Think final fantasy, they are not open world at all. You go from a to b to c. The only rpg part is choosing your class and perks and stuff. Like I actually think legend of zelda games are closer to jrpgs than jrpgs are to open world games.

Like dragon age 1 and 2 are sort of in that vein except they have a lot of optional side quests.

When you say crpg though I think of old games, baulder's gate, ultima. Witcher 3 I guess is a crpg, but I think the term is kind of defunct now. Now you have open world rpgs like witcher 3, skyrim, maybe kingdom come deliverance, and then action/rpg hybrids like mass effect 2/3.

Planescape Torment. Everyone else is objectively wrong.

Although I've played Arcanum a lot more. Had 13 playthroughs, and I think I discovered something new even at the 11th.
Never Winter Nights was okay. No clue why people liked it too much, was a bit too restricted for me.
And for BG, I really couldn't get into the combat system. Yes, I know, it's the same in Planescape, but there you barely have to use it.

Planescape Torment. Everyone else is objectively wrong.

Although I've played Arcanum a lot more. Had 13 playthroughs, and I think I discovered something new even at the 11th.
Never Winter Nights was okay. No clue why people liked it too much, was a bit too restricted for me.
And for BG, I really couldn't get into the combat system. Yes, I know, it's the same in Planescape, but there you barely have to use it.

For me that's the problem with planescape. It has an amazing story, but the combat system has much unused potential which is fully used in Baldur. I feel Baldur's gate is more rounded.

Top Bottom