1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[RD] Daily Graphs and Charts

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Winner, Dec 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Samson

Samson Deity

Various from xkcd, sorry if any are duplicated:

2. Goodfella

Goodfella Showing results for

Interesting that the Sandlot is placed over Utah, Iadho, and Oregon when I had always associated it with the San Fernando Valley. Not sure why.

Edit: I just looked it up and apparently it does take place in the San Fernando Valley but was filmed in a Salt Lake City suburb.

3. Domen

Domen Misico dux Vandalorum

The geneaological tree of Y-DNA haplogroup R1 with a timeline, as well as proposed ethno-linguistic associations for its branches:

Large version (link): http://s7.postimg.org/6gf8nevmx/PIE_Tree.png

Small version:

I'm not sure about M458 and Z280. Most likely these subclades aren't exclusively Slavic and / or exclusively Balto-Slavic.

But I'm not sure with what other linguistic branches can they be associated - apparently these branches are extinct by now.

However, for example M458 could be partially Hellenic (or Graeco-Phrygian), and Z280 could be partially Armenian.

Then of course some of the Indo-European groups listed at the bottom come to mind (Daco-Thracians, Cimmerians, etc.).

4. Borachio

Borachio Way past lunacy

Which one's Hitler?

5. Domen

6. JohannaK

JohannaK Heroically Clueless

Didn't Hitler have a Jewish parent or grandparent or something like that anyway?

7. Mise

Mise isle of lucy

So you're saying that your graphs could have averted a world war?

8. Lohrenswald

Lohrenswald 老任森林

Were Domen in Poland in 1939, the nazis would never have been able to get through all his graphs

9. Domen

No. Apparently Hitler had suicidal tendencies since the beginning.

He killed a lot of E1b1b, and by the end he killed his own E1b1b...

Unless he escaped to Argentina and lived to a ripe old age there.

Maybe..., but probably not.

Jews have no monopoly for E1b1b. It is quite common in the Near East and Southern Europe.

About 8% of Non-Jewish Austrians and about 5-6% of Non-Jewish Germans also have it.

In South Germany it also reaches a similar frequency as in Austria, or around 8%.

10. Domen

Yes. But had I stopped the Nazis, I wouldn't have been born. :eek:

Paternal ancestor married a 2nd wife after his 1st wife was killed in Auschwitz-Birkenau.

And my lineage is descended from that 2nd marriage.

So there would be a time-travel paradox. I stop Hitler, Auschwitz is not built, I'm never born!

Perhaps a new parallel universe would emerge, without me.

====================================

Edit:

Haplogroup E1b - but different branches of it than in Europe - is also the marker of Bantu expansion:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bantu_expansion

Even up to 70% of African-Americans belong to various branches of haplogroup E, mostly Bantu branches.

Indigenous South African Khoe-San people belong to the oldest haplogroups - A and B:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khoisan

Haplogroups A and B mostly stayed in Africa (expanding chiefly to South Africa), they are present only at small frequencies in some European and Middle Eastern populations (up to Afghanistan in the east). First haplogroups which expanded really far away from Africa were C and D. C (especially C2) and D expanded mostly along the southern route - towards Inda, South-East Asia, and Australia. But C1 went north, into Russia and then Europe.

E expanded on a smaller scale, but is present in Europe and the Middle East at higher frequencies than A and B.

Haplogroup C1 (today very rare) was probably the marker of the oldest modern human population of Europe - the Aurignacian culture. Haplogroup I came into Europe several thousand years later, after crossing the Caucasus some 33,000 years ago. They were part of the Gravettian culture.

Aurignacians were probably mostly of C1 haplogroup: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aurignacian

Gravettians introduced new male lineages, mostly I: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gravettian

I descends from IJ, of which only I crossed the Caucasus, while J stayed in the Middle East and came to Europe much later, in Neolithic times. IJ descends from IJK, and K is ancestral, among others, to such lineages like O, P, Q and R - the last of which is shown by my graph in post #6928.

F, G and H lineages can also be mentioned. They initially stayed in the Middle East and Southern Asia - H expanded to India.

F was descended from CF and ancestral to G, HIJK (and that was ancestral to H and IJK - about IJK I wrote above):

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haplogroup_BT

11. Domen

So Hitler could be secretly Jewish. And the Hohenzollerns could be secretly Slavic!:

Here is an excerpt from a Nazi era (1937) German publication in which they estimated how much Slavic blood certain German rulers had. For example they established, that Joachim Friedrich Hohenzollern (1546-1608) was only 37% German, and 48% Slavic:

Joachim Friedrich Hohenzollern: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joachim_III_Frederick,_Elector_of_Brandenburg

Perhaps that "P" in "PRussia" was only a deceit!

Another German monarch - Heinrich der Fromme - was established to be just 27% German and 62% Slavic and Lithuanian:

Heinrich der Fromme: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henry_IV,_Duke_of_Saxony

I find it ironic that such a publication was written by anti-Slavic German Nazis, and not by some Pan-Slavic activists. LOL. :lol:

Well, actually I'm not sure if the author was Anti-Slavic, but he published this in 1937 in Leipzig:

Erich Brandenburg, "Die Ahnen Augusts des Starken" (Abhandl. der Saechs. Akademie der Wissenschaften, Phil.-hist. Klasse, Bd.43, Nr.5), Leipzig 1937.

I wonder if he also wrote a book estimating percent of Jewish blood in German rulers/politicians? :D

Maybe they also made some graphs or charts based on that percentage data?

================
    ================

Chart showing ethnic origins of ancestors of Augustus the Strong (Wettin dynasty) according to that 1937 publication:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Augustus_II_the_Strong

Augustus the Strong - unlike those Slavic weaklings Hohenzollerns - had mostly German ancestry (which made him "the Strong" :D):

Among his 4096 ancestors from 14 generations, there were only 907 Slavs (22%):

And here a chart for previous generations, up to 27 generations:

Comparison of 14 generations and 27 generations (in the latter case numbers in thousands, apparently):

Around one percent of his ancestors were Mongols (and another one percent Magyars)? :cool:

12. warpus

warpus In pork I trust

13. CavLancer

CavLancer This aint fertilizer

Can't go, my towel is at the cleaners.

14. gay_Aleks

gay_Aleks communism will win.

Presumably when any Bulgarian would-be ISIS fighters approach ISIS, they say "Um, no, you're doing just fine where you are.".

15. Samez

Samez ION GUNNER

16. Heretic_Cata

Heretic_Cata We're gonna live forever

The most interesting thing about the ISIS map is the 6 from New Zeeland !

17. Gigaz

Gigaz civoholic

Those 6 are surely more determined than all the Russian and Tunesian guys.

18. GoodSarmatian

GoodSarmatian Jokerfied Western Male

That's really shocking. Is New Zeeland really that bad at integrating immigrants that half of the muslim population joins ISIS ?

19. Mise

Mise isle of lucy

Shocking? It's only 6 people!

20. Borachio

Borachio Way past lunacy

But 50% of the Muslim population of New Zealand, apparently.

Spoiler :
    I mean, I know it isn't. But that's the joke. Or at the very least, comedic hyperbole.

According to the 2006 census (I'm keen, aren't I?), there were 36,000 Muslims in NZ. Out of a population of 4.5 million. Which is less than 1%.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.