[RD] Daily Graphs and Charts

Status
Not open for further replies.
You and I have been 'discussing' the evils of the EU for a lot longer ago than merely last June.

If you're referring to the financial crisis, newsflash - so were all Western governments.

I am well aware that all states involved were at fault for the financial crisis, as well as the fact that they are responsible for all financial crises. Many of those same states make up the EU, and their capitalists tend to like and co-operate with the EU, so that also makes the EU responsible.

I wonder if Hitler would have had a so successful career in Montenegro.

There are some things I find surprising here. I was under the impression that France was traditionally more antisemitic than the UK. Why has the Jewish population gone down in the UK and more than doubled in France ? And what's up with Spain ?

What's up with Spain?

There are some things I find surprising here. I was under the impression that France was traditionally more antisemitic than the UK. Why has the Jewish population gone down in the UK and more than doubled in France ? And what's up with Spain ?
I believe it's mostly like got to do with the french colonial policies regarding Jews from Algeria and the like

In the British case, it might partly reflect secularisation. The figure given seems to come from the 2011 census, and the British census doesn't really deal with ethnic identity in any detail, so they're probably based on religious identification, and the English are as a whole less likely to identify with religions they don't personally practice.

As for France, a large number of Jews from their North African territories moved to the metropole after independence. I imagine Spain is something similar.

I believe it's mostly like got to do with the french colonial policies regarding Jews from Algeria and the like

As for France, a large number of Jews from their North African territories moved to the metropole after independence. I imagine Spain is something similar.

IIRC if you can claim descendancy from jews which were expelled during the reconquista (or later), then you can get Spanish citizenship, or something along that line of reasoning (might not remember exactly how that was).

In the British case, it might partly reflect secularisation. The figure given seems to come from the 2011 census, and the British census doesn't really deal with ethnic identity in any detail, so they're probably based on religious identification, and the English are as a whole less likely to identify with religions they don't personally practice.

IIRC if you can claim descendancy from jews which were expelled during the reconquista (or later), then you can get Spanish citizenship, or something along that line of reasoning (might not remember exactly how that was).

Ah, that makes sense. Thanks !

AFAIK very few jews has claimed naturalization on that basis since it is almost impossible to prove you have spanish jewish ancestry from 500 years ago. The increase may be due to jews coming from some latin american countries, you can get spanish citizenship more easily being Latin American, even keeping your previous nationality.

What's up with Spain?

iirc Spain has some kind of reparations dealie going with Jewish families forced out by the Inquisition, so that could have had an effect. I remember I had a Spanish teacher whose family benefited from a program of that sort.

A complex, but interesting chart. I have always said Philadelphia and Pittsburgh are underrated.

Attachments

• zillow-residents-want-out.png
    zillow-residents-want-out.png
    136.3 KB · Views: 90
hmm that chart seems like it needs a little more explanation. From the description it's just a venn diagram of searches from a region intersecting with searches outside a region where the intersection is the results within the same region. But that doesn't mean that much probably, as many areas probably support more apartments than homes which I imagine zillow doesn't tabulate, plus one person could search dozens of homes but probably is only buying one. Anyway it's interesting but I wouldn't put too much stock in it. I mean seriously who is moving out of San Diego? I heard residents never leave there.

Pittsburgh is a wonderful city though. Only downside imo is how hilly it is, it makes navigating the roads a little weird, but it's a big enough city to have plenty of awesome stuff while it still feels like a small city. People are friendly. Weather isn't horrid compared to many other midwest towns.

Oi not all the anglosphere

Australians fraring Americans is by far the best thing. :lol:

Well who else is gonna start a damn war with our biggest trade partner?

The Australian-American war.
Them Aussies are ruthless, they even wired Kangaroos with explosives, come hoppin' at a base, take out ten guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom