[RD] Daily Graphs and Charts

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's your annual household income?

Agi around 90k after retirement plan, insurance payments, married filing joint, 2 kids.

But even if we were only at 50k, same deductions, I itemized about 20k in deductions right now which would drop to around 18k if we had the same house cus the state taxes on 50k are lower, still under current tax plan:

50k - 18k = 32k taxable - 16200 exemptions = 15800 taxable at 10% = 1580 taxes, - 2000 child tax credits = 0 tax paid or -420. I'm not sure if child tax credits are currently fully refundable or not.

Under trump senate version:
50k - 24k = 26k taxable at two brackets = 2739 in taxes - 4000 in child tax credits = 0 tax paid or -1261, again depends on the refund-ability of child tax credits.

Either way, both pay zero, once potentially sees their refund increase 300%. And if you currently took standard deduction you would gain even more.

If you are single and childless and itemize a ton then yeah your taxes are probably going up. But there aren't that many people like that throughout america.

Cases of leprosy. Apparently it is similar for now as well (map being of 2003).
90 per 100.000 people is quite a lot, when you have India's population. 900.000 people! (assuming the 90 is for India, but even 20 would be 200.000)

I read in the news that an elderly Leprosy patient in India who was blind and lost her fingers couldn't get her pension because she didn't have a biometric I.D. which required fingerprints and a retina scan, despite the fact that she didn't have fingers, or retinas.

I read in the news that an elderly Leprosy patient in India who was blind and lost her fingers couldn't get her pension because she didn't have a biometric I.D. which required fingerprints and a retina scan, despite the fact that she didn't have fingers, or retinas.

There are still castes in India, particularly the lowest caste, in which i suspect there are a few hundred thousand lepers as well. Seems that being born to the lowest cast is a death sentence in India (afaik it was what caused the massive migrations of the 'roma' people to Europe).

Serious debt is worst where inter-generational poverty is worst and healthcare is the most unafordable. Who would have guessed?

Please tell me the punchline of this isn't something like "look at the stupid poors, stupidly going into debt, no wonder they're poor"

Terrifying.

America is a hell of a drug.

jiggajigga.jpg

"Hillary Clinton has been named most admired more than any woman -- or man -- in Gallup's polling history. But the likelihood that she will continue to hold that honor in future years seems less certain, with her popularity at a nadir and the percentage naming her as most admired the lowest in 15 years. She managed to win this year because she remains arguably more prominent than other contenders. However, retaining that stature may be more challenging in coming years with her political career likely over.

Trump's unpopularity is holding him back from winning the most admired distinction. The incumbent president is the usual winner, since he is arguably the most prominent figure in the country -- but when the president is unpopular, other well-known and well-liked men have been able to finish first. Obama, like Hillary Clinton, may fade in prominence the longer he is out of office. Former presidents commonly make the top 10 list but rarely win, with Obama only the second to do so, along with Eisenhower in 1967 and 1968."

Outch.

"Duchess Kate Middleton"? Really? If you must insist on quite wrongly using her title as part of her name, why on earth are you coupling it with her maiden name, without which she would have no title at all?

Moreover, as a titled member of the Royal Family, the dynastic name is almost never used and the only correct way to drag her husband's title into this is by saying, "Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge" or "Her Royal Highness, The Duchess of Cambridge".

Their solution will probably be to combine all the democrat districts together while dividing the republican districts so they'll have 1 token Democrat district and 99 Republican ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom