Danish paper refused "offensive" Jesus cartoons

Elrohir said:
I would probably only burn one embassy and kill one Afghani over it.
I wouldnt even do that. At most, Id give a Tunisian an exploding cigar, or shake a Syrians hand while wearing a joy buzzer.

Let's split the difference and behead a random Swede passing on the street. ;)

Elrohir said:
Let's split the difference and behead a random Swede passing on the street. ;)

I say we open a hotdog stand in Trondheim that only serves rubber hotdogs.

Ok, I had to scan and it's a crappy scanner, but it should be legible.

Images copyright Christoffer Zieler 2003.

Here's what the text means:
Blue: Resurrection
Red: Sideways resurrection
Yellow: Resurrection with a twist
White: Saviour-cam
Black: Resurrection in darkness over water

Note - they were meant to be published for easter.

:D

As per the rejection - an email has indeed been published in which the reason given for the rejection of the cartoon was that the readers would probably get upset. It's a lame newspaper and they were among the fiercest opponents of some 'christian blasphemy' a couple of decades ago. However, none of this is about the quality of the newspaper, it's about the specific article and cartoons that were published.

Ironduck, you speak Dutch?

In any case, I odn't get the cartoon, unless "ressurection" has some funny double-meaning in Dutch.

Sounds like the cartoonist is just pissed that his cartoon sucked and is taking advantage the current situation by screaming "hypocracy" to exact revenge on the paper.

nonconformist said:
Ironduck, you speak Dutch?

In any case, I odn't get the cartoon, unless "ressurection" has some funny double-meaning in Dutch.

he translated the cartoons, they are in the post, noncom... :lol:

The cartoons are not funny at all.

I don't speak Dutch, but since the text isn't in Dutch that's hardly a problem..

I totally misread this entire thing ... I thought the newspaper was refusing to print the pictures that are supposed to come from Iran ...

El_Machinae said:
I totally misread this entire thing ... I thought the newspaper was refusing to print the pictures that are supposed to come from Iran ...

Well they are refusing that too, now. Earlier today they apparently stated that they were going to print those,.

elfangor801 said:
The Jebus thing is from a Simpsons episode when Homer ends up on a missionary trip, it's intentional :p.
Ahh, ok, I was wondering if that was a bit too coincidental. ;)

Urederra said:
he translated the cartoons, they are in the post, noncom... :lol:

The cartoons are not funny at all.
I know he translated them.
But I found them so mind numbingly unfunny, I assumed there was a double meaning.

IronDuck:
Then it's in Danish? Are these the cartoons referred to in the Opening Post, or did I miss something? :confused:

I drew a cartoon of Gary Trudeau and Yuppies started rioting.

Top Bottom