DipNESN: We Lost Count

LightFang

"I'm the hero!"
Introduction

I felt like hosting a game of some sort 'cause I'm creeping back into the world of NESing, so here's an easy game that requires hardly any effort on my part.

Remember that if you don't know how to do anything in this game, you can always ask the GM, who will be nice enough to answer your questions. Things like proper order format, proper shorthand, and the like will be answered.

An Overview
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diplomacy_(board_game)

Rules of Warfare
http://www.diplomacy-archive.com/resources/rulebooks/2000AH4th.pdf

The Adjudicator
http://jdip.sourceforge.net/

Special Notes
We are going to be playing Vanilla Diplomacy because it's easy and classic. Also, I don't feel like explaining new rules or having people be shocked at some quirk in the system.

Orders
Order due dates will always be displayed on the front page, first post. You can use CTRL+F to hunt them down too (Look for "EVENTS UNFOLD".)! If I'm late updating, I won't punish you guys; if you didn't turn orders in, you have until I start updating. If everybody gets orders in before the deadline, I still won't update before the deadline as to not punish people for sending orders in and having the situation change. Orders will generally be due every three days, but extensions are liberally handed out if asked for in advance.

If you want a confirmation PM, ask me in orders. It's an opt-in system. I will declare how many people haven't sent in orders one day before the update, and again the day of the update. The first time, names will be hidden, but the second time around, it'll be made public.

You don't need to follow these recommendations, but they'll make my life, and therefore yours, easier. These are just some things that you can put in your orders. I've generally found that the people who follow these recommendations also usually don't turn in orders late, are cooperative, and are therefore cool. You want to be cool, don't you?

• Title: DipNESN - Country - Time
    Example: DipNESN - Austria - Spring 1916
  • Movements: If you're familiar with the board game, do it like that. If you're not, you can just dictate it. Things like A(Vie)->Gal; A Vie - Gal; A Vie -> Gal are all good.
The Cast
Austria: Omega124
England: Thlayli
France: Kraznaya
Germany: Dreadnought
Italy: DarthNader
Turkey: Shadowbound
Russia: Anonymoose Dachs

The Next in Line
etc...

State of Affairs
Spring 1902 (Awaiting Movement)

Events Unfold
Wednesday, March 31, 2010, at 22:00 (GMT -8)

Current Military Situation
Spoiler :

Political Situation as of Spring 1902
Spoiler :

Military Log
Update 0. The game begins.
Update 1. Spring 1901 Movement. No retreats.
Update 2. Fall 1901 Movement. No retreats.
Update 3. Fall 1901 Adjustment. Anonymoose exits the stage and is replaced by Dachs.

Seats are going like hotcakes (or however that silly simile goes!).

I have confirmed:
Omega, Thlayli, Kraznaya, Shadowbound, Anonymoose, Dreadnought (once I transfer over his selections from WWW). ONE MORE SEAT GUYS.

Seats are going like hotcakes (or however that silly simile goes!).

I have confirmed:
Omega, Thlayli, Kraznaya, Shadowbound, Anonymoose, Dreadnought (once I transfer over his selections from WWW). ONE MORE SEAT GUYS.

I can be the "odd man out" and get the last country if you want.

No, you're good to go. Don't worry about it! :)

And sign-ups are closed! Give me...five minutes to randomize everything and we'll have things begin! I'm going to give a full week for turn one.

UPDATE ZERO: WINTER 1900

ORDERS

The way I did the randomizing was I assigned everybody a number and used a random number generator. The number that came up got their choice, and so on.

Austria: Omega124
England: Thlayli
France: Kraznaya
Germany: Dreadnought
Italy: DarthNader
Turkey: Shadowbound
Russia: Anonymoose

SPRING 1901
Spoiler :

INFORMATION
-Next orders are due a whole week from now. That's March 14! You have until 8:00 PM PST, when I will hopefully update punctually.
-Have fun!

Lighty can you use imagehost to host the maps? Imageshack is blocked in Chicomland.

Can you stop being such a ChiCom? Oops, too late.

:p

I reuploaded them to imgur. Imageshack is traditional for me so YOU BETTER WIN. :mischief:

May I ask how come not every nation has every providence it should have?

The missing parts of each nation is:
Austria: Boh, Triolyia, Galicia
England: Wal, Yor, Cly
France: Gas, Pic, Bur
Germany: Rhur, Silesia, Prussia
Italy: Pie, Tus, Apu
Ottoman: Arminia, Syria
Russia Ukraine, Livonia, Finland

May I ask how come not every nation has every providence it should have?

The missing parts of each nation is:
Austria: Boh, Triolyia, Galicia
England: Wal, Yor, Cly
France: Gas, Pic, Bur
Germany: Rhur, Silesia, Prussia
Italy: Pie, Tus, Apu
Ottoman: Arminia, Syria
Russia Ukraine, Livonia, Finland

They aren't colored because they aren't/haven't been occupied by an Army or Fleet. You can already determine the borders of the player nations because the thicker line encloses all the smaller territories.

Yay thanks. =]

Are you going to write a silly backstory for this game as part of your modding? :3

I did that for the last DipNES(es) I've hosted, but probably not anymore. It's passé and also I can't write anyway. Sorry!

Top Bottom