DipNESX: What Number Are We On?

LightFang

"I'm the hero!"
Please PM me your country preferences; I'm going to ignore whatever is posted in the thread. :)

Introduction

It's another Diplomacy game since people over at #nes wanted to start one. Yes, I know, these games have a tendency to fail since people keep never sending me orders, but hopefully you guys will reform yourselves this time around, right?

Remember that if you don't know how to do anything in this game, you can always ask the GM, who will be nice enough to answer your questions. Things like proper order format, proper shorthand, and the like will be answered.

An Overview
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diplomacy_(board_game)

Rules of Warfare
http://www.diplomacy-archive.com/resources/rulebooks/2000AH4th.pdf

The Adjudicator
http://jdip.sourceforge.net/

Special Notes
We are going to be playing Vanilla Diplomacy because it's easy and classic. Also, I don't feel like explaining new rules or having people be shocked at some quirk in the system.

Orders
Order due dates will always be displayed on the front page, first post. You can use CTRL+F to hunt them down too (Look for "EVENTS UNFOLD".)! If I'm late updating, I won't punish you guys; if you didn't turn orders in, you have until I start updating. If everybody gets orders in before the deadline, I still won't update before the deadline as to not punish people for sending orders in and having the situation change. Orders will generally be due every three days, but extensions are liberally handed out if asked for in advance.

If you want a confirmation PM, ask me in orders. It's an opt-in system. If you guys want, I will declare how many people haven't sent in orders one day before the update, and again the day of the update. The first time, names will be hidden, but the second time around, it'll be made public.

You don't need to follow these recommendations, but they'll make my life, and therefore yours, easier. These are just some things that you can put in your orders. I've generally found that the people who follow these recommendations also usually don't turn in orders late, are cooperative, and are therefore cool. You want to be cool, don't you?

• Title: DipNESN - Country - Time
    Example: DipNESN - Austria - Spring 1916
  • Movements: If you're familiar with the board game, do it like that. If you're not, you can just dictate it. Things like A(Vie)->Gal; A Vie - Gal; A Vie -> Gal are all good.

The Cast
Austria: Omega124
England: Lord_Iggy
France: Dachs
Germany: Thlayli
Italy: skeptikalz! Supermath
Turkey: DarthNader
Russia: Kentharu

The Next in Line
1. spryllino
etc...

State of Affairs
Fall 1901 (Awaiting Adjustment)

Events Unfold
November 20th

Current Military Situation
Spoiler :

Political Situation as of Winter 1900
Spoiler :

Military Log
Update Zero. The game begins!
Update One. Spring 1901 Movement. No retreats.
Update Two. Fall 1901 Movement. Austria gets the dubious honor of being the first country to be forced to retreat.
Update Three. Fall 1901 Retreat. Austria's own update, featuring a wonderful tactical retreat.
Update Four. Fall 1901 Adjustment.

want to play

so bad

If you sent me a list with less than seven countries, then don't be disappointed if you don't get any of the countries on your list. I'm not going to purposely make it out like that, but I already know that at least one person is going to be unhappy.

Furthermore, I have five signups, and I would like more.

If you sent me a list with less than seven countries, then don't be disappointed if you don't get any of the countries on your list. I'm not going to purposely make it out like that, but I already know that at least one person is going to be unhappy.

Furthermore, I have five signups, and I would like more.

I sent that merde like 5 minutes after the thread launched, so I'm pretty sure that I'll be keeping it classy.

Update Zero - Winter 1900

The pieces are in place for an ultimate showdown of ultimate destiny. New rulers ascended thrones/presidencies/sultanships/your mother and suddenly Europe was AT WAR.

Military Situation
Spoiler :

Political Situation
Spoiler :

Notes
-Orders are due November 4, at 10:00 PM PST.

Ah, right. Standard disclaimer/press: if you can prove to me beyond a doubt that another player has been showing you what I've been telling him - like, forwarding PMs - I will ally with you against him for keeps.

Top Bottom