Do you believe in ...

Do you believe in

• Total voters
Good grief. The theory of gravity is believed by more people than anything else.

When it's the most unbelievable of them all. How does force at a distance work, then? Tell me, someone!

I'm still not sure which theory of gravity is meant. Newton's?

I find Skwink's voting to be interesting. After selecting God, Heaven and Hell, he only cast three other votes in the entire poll. :)

Good grief. The theory of gravity is believed by more people than anything else.

When it's the most unbelievable of them all. How does force at a distance work, then? Tell me, someone!

Weakly. As in that gravity is a weak force. (It holds the solar system together, but won't prevent the slow moving away of the moon from earth.)

Yeah. Right. Weak force acting magically at a distance. The most unbelievable force known to mankind. Universally accepted as self-evidently true. And no one has any idea how it works. Beyond some heuristics.

Manmade global warming has more worshippers than God.

Oh, come on, manmade global warming is 1000 times bigger b u l l <snip>.

I find Skwink's voting to be interesting. After selecting God, Heaven and Hell, he only cast three other votes in the entire poll. :)

He had not enough patience to read it to the end. Just like me.

By the way - I do not "believe" in the theory of Gravity. I am sure / I know that it is true because there are undisputed proofs.

There is an ENORMOUS difference between "believe" and "I am sure / I know for 100%".

If I already know that something is 100% true, I do not have to "believe" in it any longer.

I can, for example, "believe" that what my prime minister says is not a lie, considering that I don't have any undisputed proofs.

Oh, come on, manmade global warming is 100 times bigger b u l l s h i t.

Global warming isn't the religion. It's the belief that we can do no harm to the planet through our actions that has become a fanatical belief with some people.

Oh, come on, manmade global warming is 1000 times bigger bull****.

Regardless of your position on AGW or on God, that statement is so utterly overblown that I find it impossible to take you seriously. I tend to agree with Borachio.

Global warming isn't the religion.

So in your opinion something has to be religion to be a b u l l <snip> ???

It's the belief that we can do no harm to the planet through our actions that has become a fanatical belief with some people.

Global warmings and global ice ages had been taking place cyclically for millions of years, long before humanity started the thing we call civilization.

I am sure that nowadays we are experiencing a climate change - but it has not much to do with human activity.

Regarding the "doing harm to the planet part" - we are not doing harm to the planet, and the belief that we can do no harm to our planet is true.

On the other hand, we can certainly do harm to ourselves by contaminating our environment as well as the air and atmosphere around us.

However, this can lead - at worst - only to our extinction, destruction of the human race - not to destruction of the entire planet Earth.

The planet Earth is going to completely regenerate during ca. 500 years after our extinction. Our actions will not goin

Edit: Aw crap, I missed Big Bang somehow. :(

That's too bad, the next one might not be for awhile.

My controversial inputs are interstellar expansion of man and the presence of aliens.

It is very much my intention to be personally interstellar within the next 3000 years or so. Yeah, that's a big claim. The important thing is that I find this prospect to be plausible and even possible.

Aliens? Ehn, that's just an intuition. I have no idea if we'll ever contact ET life, if we're in their radio bubble or even if they're in our light bubble. I just hold to the "the Universe is really big!" statistical test for the likelihood of other life; so, I answered this question with the caveat of "yeah, they're probably there somewhere"

I forgot to vote for intelligent alien life.

God --no
Heaven no
Hell no
Young Earth Creationism no
The Biblical flood no
The Rapture no
Biblical Prophecies no
Other prophecies (Nostradamus) no
Manmade global warming yes
Theory of Evolution yes
Big Bang Theory yes
Theory of Gravity yes
Alien lifeforms yes
Intelligent Aliens yes
Intelligent Aliens visiting Earth no, and I don't believe they will contact earth/have communication
Bigfoot no
Communicating with dead people through mediums no
Tarrot reading no
Man landing on the moon yes
UFO(s) in Roswell no
Extinction of the Human Race eventually
Interstellar Migration of Human race no
Love after love yes
None of the above no

So in your opinion something has to be religion to be a b u l l <snip> ???

The conspiracy theories about global warming are "b u l l <snip>" without necessarily being informed by religious belief.

Global warmings and global ice ages had been taking place cyclically for millions of years, long before humanity started the thing we call civilization.

They usually take much longer than a current warming trends have taken.

Manmade global warming yes

You see, and according to scientists from CERN cyclical climate changes are caused by changes in solar activity:

http://public.web.cern.ch/public/en/research/CLOUD-en.html

As I already said - beliefs that human activity has significant impact on climate change processes we observe, is nonsense.

Natural factors have much more impact. If there is any human impact it is no more than several % of total contribution to the warming process.

The conspiracy theories about global warming are "b u l l <snip>"

The "conspiracy theories" are which ones exactly?

The ones that attribute the climate changes to natural factors or to human activity?

They usually take much longer than a current warming trends have taken.

Not true.

According to scientists from CERN during the last 1000 years there were 10 of ca. 90 - 100 years long periods of global warmings and then coolings.

And the current warming trends were first observed around half of the 20th century - which means we are in the middle of it.

After year 2050 it should start getting gradually colder again.

Ok, but I will write just one more thing about the global warming here.

Not many people know that climate today - at least in Europe - is not the warmest in recorded history.

During Roman times (Republic and early Empire) - as well as later during the so called Medieval Warm Period (also called Medieval Climate Optimum - between 10th and late 13th / early 14th centuries) climate in much of Europe was actually considerably warmer than it is today.

In 13th century Northern, Central and Eastern Europe (areas such as Northern Germany, Southern Denmark, entire Poland) climate was warm enough for numerous vineyards to prosper and wine was very popular alcohol here (not before 15th century vodka & beer started to dominate these regions).

Nowaydas, climate in Poland and Germany is too cold for cultivation of most species of grapes - unless inside a glasshouse.

Does "Interstellar Migration of Human race" mean that we were migrated by ancient aliens, we are being migrated secretly, or we will eventually migrate? Cause given the absurdity of some of the other options, any one of these could be on the list.

Top Bottom