Does the president define the party?

I fail to see how the kkk is becoming a leading wing of the party. The only people who seem to seriously believe this are the media.

He has placed white supremacists in high office as Attorney General and education secretary, and probably others that I don't know about because of the lower profile they keep. He has also brought several into important positions in the White House. So they are having a lot of impact on policy which is hurting a lot of Americans.

Key Republican Senator Bob Corker lays the smack down on Dingbat Don:

Bob Corker said:
The president has not yet been able to demonstrate the stability, nor some of the competence, that he needs to demonstrate in order for him to be successful — and our nation and our world needs for him to be successful, whether you are Republican or Democrat. He also recently has not demonstrated that he understands the character of this nation. He has not demonstrated that he understands what has made this nation great and what it is today. And he’s got to demonstrate the characteristics of a president who understands that. Without the things I just mentioned happening, our nation is going to go through great peril.

Key Republican Senator Bob Corker lays the smack down on Dingbat Don:
What's so key about Bob Corker?

In any case his criticism is quite appropriate.

What's so key about Bob Corker?

In any case his criticism is quite appropriate.

Couple things.

First off, he isn't among the usual suspects...the Republican members of congress who have routinely criticized Trump for his usual errors, so Corker speaking up demonstrates the magnitude of this error.

Second, he comes from a state that is more 'Trumpist' than traditional Republican and in fact has his own history of counting on the white supremacist vote to get elected, so this is a risk for him.

Trump definitely thinks he defines the R party, but so far Rs in the senate and house aren't ready to fall in line without putting up a fight. I see the party split three ways: Trumpers, Mainstream GOP, and Freedom Caucus. Big tent and they are going to have a hard time working together.

Time will tell who will define the party. At this point I think there's more than 50% chance that Trump get's challenged in the primary.

Republicans in the US face a dilemma.

however much that is troubling Trump,
Trump continues to strike deals with the Democrats, like yesterday on Daca, with some confusion what that would mean in the long run for the wall, how much of a wall (for symbolic reasons) will be left over.

"A person briefed on the meeting said Trump agreed with the Democrats to pair the bipartisan Dream Act, which provides a path to permanent residency for undocumented immigrants brought to the US illegally as children, with some form of border security – excluding Trump’s promised border wall".

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...eached-with-trump-to-protect-young-immigrants

For that matter, what makes you think Hamas is comparable to the Klan?

The first of the suicide bombings that targeted civilians was at Afulaon April 16, 1994, when a suicide bomber detonated an explosives-laden car next to a bus, killing nine (including the bomber) and wounding 50. The most deadly suicide bombing was an attack on a Netanya hotel on March 27, 2002, in which 30 people were killed and 140 were wounded. The attack has also been referred to as the Passover massacre since it took place on the first night of the Jewish festival of Passover at a Seder.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hamas

Hamas is as evil as the Klan, but you're right they're not comparable at all. Because the Klan has been irrelevant for decades.

Top Bottom