[C3C] Earth Fantasy Mod(EFM)

by the way, for an example to go far, for example, obsidian is visible immediately right from the first turn of the game ..some gnomes do not remember who immediately see gold without technology I do not know if this is such a chip fashion or bug but it is.these are all links to the same problem

and the last thing I have now crashes the game does not give an error just crashes and all I don't know what the problem is maybe someone is building a wonder of the world but I don't see who and what built me immediately throws

Attachments

• Conquests Autosave 1201 AD.SAV
    523.4 KB · Views: 29
Having resources show up in towns where they haven't been hooked is (IIRC) the so-called 'ghost resource' problem.

I can't remember exactly what triggers it (resources misplaced on the .pcx relative to their type? Too many Luxes?), but you should be able to google for it. I know @Civinator will know...

Having resources show up in towns where they haven't been hooked is (IIRC) the so-called 'ghost resource' problem. I can't remember exactly what triggers it (resources misplaced on the .pcx relative to their type? Too many Luxes?), but you should be able to google for it. I know @Civinator will know...

This bug has many names: Phantom resources bug, ghost resources bug and resource overflow bug. It means you can´t have more than 32 luxury/strategic resources without this bug, but if you haven´t placed your strategic and luxury resources well in the editor (in colliding 32-rows in the editor), even less strat./lux. resources can trigger that bug. This bug adds strat./lux. resources to cities that don´t have any normal access to those resources. I think the SOE team was the first to run into that bug, that ruined the great concept of the original SOE creators by using over 90 strat./lux. resources to be the motor of that scenario.

Here and in the following posts of this thread you can read more about that bug: https://forums.civfanatics.com/thre...here-any-other-way.200402/page-3#post-5118065

The easiest way to avoid that bug is to use the first 32 slots in the editor for the strategic /or luxury resouces.

Last edited:
now look at the city itself that he gave me this is almost the very beginning of the game by the way Topaz for the first time I found there)

@Diversant

Gems should not be seen from these resources at the beginning of the game, but chaos goats are also only visible to chaos dwarves. Grain can only be seen by humans.
I have not yet experienced it so rudely to report this error as to start this way early in the game.

Has anyone else experienced this?

I have to start a game with the people of Khazirakz from among the dwarves to see this beginner's bug.
...I start a game and report on it...

@Civinator

The easiest way to avoid that bug is to use the first 32 slots in the editor for the strategic /or luxury resouces.

It has far exceeded 32 strategic and luxury resources because
There are 77 strategic resources and luxury items on the map, so this phantom resource bug is understandable, so far I haven’t experienced it appear at the beginning of the game, it was only present in cities not connected to the capital.

and the last thing I have now crashes the game does not give an error just crashes and all I don't know what the problem is maybe someone is building a wonder of the world but I don't see who and what built me immediately throws

I checked, this is the phantom resource error that @Civinator also wrote about, when you connect the city with a road to the capital this error will not occur.

Most strategic and luxury resources follow up to (70 pieces) resources in a row, even if they exceed the 32 resource requirements.
They are all important resources that are in some way necessary for each species and a basic requirement for some building or units.

As can be seen, this error stems from the basic game, which we can eliminate by building roads between that city and the capital, hoping that the A.I. it will not make significant use of it.

there is no hope that he will not use them, he has already built as many as 3 rings in this way.Bernadotte sapphire and ruby don't have the technology.
he started building them long before the new era.

Last edited:
As can be seen, this error stems from the basic game, which we can eliminate by building roads between that city and the capital, hoping that the A.I. it will not make significant use of it.

I don´t think, that the phantom resources bug can be eliminated in this way. If you have more than 32 luxury/strat. resources in total, you have to live with that bug. Much better in my eyes is to reduce the total number of lux./strat. resources to a max. of 32.

It was not reported, that the phantom resources bug itself is crashing a game. It only in most cases ruins the concept of the game. But indirectly it can crash the game, when the luxury_small icon is not able to hold the number of resources that is available to a city.

Here you can find a tutorial written by Pounder about the phantom resources bug: https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/keeping-resources-in-check-no-phantom-resources.391951/

I decided to conduct an experiment cut off my city from the roads with my troops and this is what happened.in the city there was a ruby Topaz air mana fornication blood and several other resources not my race.that is, the player wanted all the advantages just cuts his way and builds all the miracles to ensure victory.by the way, there was a tower of magicians that produces angels every 7 moves..it is necessary for her 56 passes and all is not who will not win...

Attachments

• 7.png
    7.png
    632.7 KB · Views: 36
  • 8.png
    8.png
    648 KB · Views: 31
who else hopes that the AI won't use the bug?I'll disappoint you a little.I put the Embassy at the gnomes competitors and looked at their city there is nothing in it but they are building a miracle of the world while they can)

Attachments

• 9.png
    9.png
    625.4 KB · Views: 31
the idea of the mod is brilliant, but so far this bug will not allow it to be fully implemented.it simply erases the differences between Nations allowing you to build all the wonders you want...
and another personal request why not make a squad of Cyclops I think it will fit perfectly into the fashion

in the city there was a ruby Topaz air mana fornication blood and several other resources not my race.
?!?!?

Assuming you meant 'hardwood'(?), that is one hell of a double-translational error!

:lol: :lmao: :rotfl:

Would seriously suggest you use a different online translator next time... ;)

I don't believe that 32 luxury resources is the limit so as not to cause an error.here is a mod with 40 luxury and strategic resources called expansion mod.playing normally without errors means there is a solution to the problem...

I decided to conduct an experiment cut off my city from the roads with my troops and this is what happened.in the city there was a ruby Topaz air mana fornication blood and several other resources not my race.that is, the player wanted all the advantages just cuts his way and builds all the miracles to ensure victory.by the way, there was a tower of magicians that produces angels every 7 moves..it is necessary for her 56 passes and all is not who will not win...

@Diversant

:thumbsup:Thank you for reporting this error, I think it can be resolved not to show up for wonder builds.

:cool:I need to show the wonders in the development tree.
after discovering resources, I put the possibility of building a Wonders on a development, so even if a phantom resource failure occurs, civilization cannot build it until it is truly discovered that scientific development following the release of the resource does not allow it.

:lol:In the future, I will make a kind of repair to put the possibility of building miracles on the development tree so that it is visible.

I don´t think, that the phantom resources bug can be eliminated in this way. If you have more than 32 luxury/strat. resources in total, you have to live with that bug. Much better in my eyes is to reduce the total number of lux./strat. resources to a max. of 32.

It was not reported, that the phantom resources bug itself is crashing a game. It only in most cases ruins the concept of the game. But indirectly it can crash the game, when the luxury_small icon is not able to hold the number of resources that is available to a city.

@Civinator

Perhaps, if wonders appear in the development tree then yes.
:mischief:This kind of phantom resource error persists, but civilizations will not be able to build a given wonder until the possibility of building that particular miracle appears in the development tree after the raw material appears.

:blush:I know that there is still a chance that you can build a civilization that does not have the given raw material, but at least this is not the cause of this mood-destroying event at the beginning of the game.

:rolleyes:it will be a big job because it will stretch the development tree screen.

I don’t want to cut it out of strategic and luxury resources, it pretty much has to cut it in half because special resources are needed to develop some species (e.g. freshly buried tomb of the undead are needed to build zombie units).
i will try my best to handle this problem while keeping the phantom resource error.

?!?!?

Assuming you meant 'hardwood'(?), that is one hell of a double-translational error!

@tjs282
I also fell into this mistake, to this day i don't know the right solution.

:undecide:What is the English name of this mushroom?
scientific name: Boletus edulis
in the game she invented a new species of cave boletus/cave porcini mushrooms
which name is correct?
cave porcini (mushroom) or cave boletus

I gave the adjective ‘cave’ to this mushroom because dwarves can find it in caves, mines.
someone had laughed good at this before: cave porcini

the idea of the mod is brilliant, but so far this bug will not allow it to be fully implemented.it simply erases the differences between Nations allowing you to build all the wonders you want...
and another personal request why not make a squad of Cyclops I think it will fit perfectly into the fashion

As I wrote earlier I am trying to resolve the error. so that the idea is not greatly impaired...
Hopefully it won’t really affect the gameplay in the wrong direction afterwards.

how do you see it to just reduce the amount of resources on the map itself for the beginning?I play for the dwarves as you already understood...I kill magicians, elves and nomads at the very beginning of the game, otherwise they are waiting for me with cities and do not allow me to build.on this small territory, I have 8 horses, 7 mana, 7 trees, and so on..in any other moge on the entire map God forbid there are 5 units of iron catch the idea?

Top Bottom