Egypt - Cleopatra Thread

Moderator Action: threads merged

Heh. I checked Youtube literally 2 minutes before they posted that video. No big surprises, but I really like that foreign trade routes to Egypt give you food. It fits their historical place as the bread basket of the Roman Empire.

Quick work, bite ;)

UA: Faster wonders and districts if placed adjacent to rivers

Cleo UA: Bonus gold to intl TRs, both incoming and outgoing (other civs get food from TRs with Egypt)

Sphinx: +1 faith and culture, bonus if next to wonder.

UU: chariot that gains extra movement if starts turn on flat land

Is that the babylon gardens in the video? Looks damn nice. also looks like a pretty powerful attribute making rivers even more cheated than civ V

The video launches at the same time every upload (12am my time)

Unique ability: faster construction of wonders and districts on tiles adjacent to rivers. Floodplains do not block placement of districts and wonders.

Leader Ability: external trade routes give Egypt more gold, give other civs more food.

Unique unit: Maryannu Chariot Archer (bonus movement on open terrain)

Unique Improvement: Sphinx (produces faith and culture, and gets bonuses when adjacent to wonders)

I am really loving these civ bonuses. It seems each civ gets a lot of interesting stuff.

before anyone calls this thread redundant I think it's important to have, in order to discuss the new things revealed in the video.

but if you're gonna do it, how about summarizing the contents of the video in the OP, OP? Jeez.

Anyway, Kabul as a city state, Establishing a Trade Route is the Eureka for Currency, Build 2 Harbors for Cartography Eureka (MAP TRADING?), Research Construction for Games and Entertainment Civic Eurkea

edit: oh god ****ing damn it

I'm not sure what I was expecting, but this suite of uniques doesn't impress me much. It seems very unfocused.

Wonder bonus
Infrastructure bonus
economic bonus
barely unique UU
Culture Bonus
Faith Bonus

I do love Cleo's animation though. Her little gestures are really fun to watch.

Compare :47 and 1:25 to see how leader portraits have changed!

Apparently they were less cartoony in an earlier stage.

I'm not sure what I was expecting, but this suite of uniques doesn't impress me much. It seems very unfocused.

Wonder bonus
Infrastructure bonus
economic bonus
barely unique UU
Culture Bonus
Faith Bonus

I like it, seems like a good builder (but outwardly focused) builder civ. I wonder though how valuable the sphinx will be considering it will have to take up an entire hex. The bonuses better be pretty good.

Wonder bonus
Infrastructure bonus
economic bonus
barely unique UU
Culture Bonus
Faith Bonus

There is more cohesion than you think. If they start with rivers, they build wonders and districts faster.

If they have wonders, they get more faith and culture from their sphinxes.

If they are on rivers, they are more likely to be surrounded by flood plains and flat land for their chariot archer.

And if rivers in this game actually have an effect on trade then it's all nicely tied together into one wonder rich river civ that is the perfect picture of Ancient Egypt :goodjob:

New minimap looks ace though!

Top Bottom