Europe to Challenge Google

wit>trope said:
Internet and Search belongs to America.

And what else should belong to the USA? Sorry to burst your bubble here but its not working that way. Unless you see your country as a global dicatorship over the world.

rmsharpe said:
Gaul-Mart?
Very good :clap:
Tank_Guy#3 said:
@ Rambuchan: here's a stupid question but have you tried googling "India history" or "history of India"?
:crazyeye: Man!!! :crazyeye: Are you for real!? Of course I have, and in many more variations than that!

Didn't know that, just learned. I think it's good. Like Galileo (which could get better than GPS, right ?). Just forget that Chirac has a saying in that. Next year Chirac is out of office and he could face justice... Somehow I like that name, Quaero, and I don't think it's difficult. In fact, I'm a bit tired of those crazy names all over the Internet, with those double O's, those K's, J's, W's, etc... Some Latin names won't hurt. BTW, if France was not at the heart of all those things, Europe wouldn't be moving like it is today. I'm almost certain that the UK (lol) and Germany would never make a smart move without France. At least, that's what I like with my country. Then, just call us arrogant pricks if you want. :D China is catching up the USA... and Google isn't invicible (mind you, my starting page is Google). Maybe in 10 years there will be a very strong Chinese search engine ?

kryszcztov said:
Didn't know that, just learned. I think it's good. Like Galileo (which could get better than GPS, right ?). Just forget that Chirac has a saying in that. Next year Chirac is out of office and he could face justice... Somehow I like that name, Quaero, and I don't think it's difficult. In fact, I'm a bit tired of those crazy names all over the Internet, with those double O's, those K's, J's, W's, etc... Some Latin names won't hurt. BTW, if France was not at the heart of all those things, Europe wouldn't be moving like it is today. I'm almost certain that the UK (lol) and Germany would never make a smart move without France. At least, that's what I like with my country. Then, just call us arrogant pricks if you want. :D China is catching up the USA... and Google isn't invicible (mind you, my starting page is Google). Maybe in 10 years there will be a very strong Chinese search engine ?

China already has a search engine that has a higher market share in China but nobody besides China is going to use it. Their sensorship makes them highly undesirable. Baidu.com is has about 20% more marketshare then Google in China. 52% Baidu vs 33% Google.

China isn't catching up to the US in this regard. What innovations do you speak of? The advantage for internet services goes to the US, Europe and Japan because they have more experience and have more service oriented economies. Cheap labor and resources doesn't help you provide better information based services.

It's not really a 'waste' because it's speeding research into information processing. And that's the wave of the future. With a few clicks of a button, I can become informed regarding any topic ... that's a heck of a step from 15 years ago.

Data mining. We really need it in bioinformatics, but the technology can be developed anywhere.

wit>trope said:
A European Google will never work. They will censor search results. Google, being an American company, does not have to do that. (For instance a European Google will probably censor results from historians who say that 4 million Jews died in the Holocaust)

This is also why international control of the Internet is a bad bad bad idea ... especial control governed by the UN since China -- as well as France etc -- have a veto power. China even censors part of Google (they censor Google caches of webpages)

Internet and Search belongs to America.

Moderator Action: This is a troll - Warned - Rik

So, you imply at least two things:

1. Europe is more conservative and likely to censor than the USA, and

2. You claim that Europeans are all a bunch of nazi-sympathizers?

Great going. One day you'll be famous, I can see Conan introducing you already.

"Here's a man I've been hearing a lot about recently. He reached infamy on the Civilization Fanatics Center's forums, so here he is, the man who stretches the limits of incredulity, disbelief, shock and repulsion - Oh wait, our censor says we can't have him on the show. Big surprise there."

Top Bottom